fbpx

Older Cartoons

Home Forums Miscellany Community Older Cartoons

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Pegasi1978
    Participant

skigod377 wrote:

I was a Transformers, Thundercats, and Silverhawks baby.

Add in She-Ra, He-Man, Rainbow Brite, My Little Pony, Pound Puppies, M.A.S.K., Jem, GI Joe, Hulk Hogan’s Rock ‘N’ Wrestling, Robotech, Strawberry Shortcake, Pac Man, Dungeons & Dragons, Ewoks, Droids, Centurions, Care Bears, Pirates of Dark Water and probably a bunch of others I’m forgetting for me.

pegasi1978 wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

Add in She-Ra, He-Man, Rainbow Brite, My Little Pony, Pound Puppies, M.A.S.K., Jem, GI Joe, Hulk Hogan’s Rock ‘N’ Wrestling, Robotech, Strawberry Shortcake, Pac Man, Dungeons & Dragons, Ewoks, Droids and probably a bunch of others I’m forgetting for me.

i forgot all about Rock’N Wrestling .. i always watched that with my grandfather , he was a huge wrassliin fan from the days of Bob Backlund ,Killer Kowalski and Bruno Sammartino

Pegasi1978
      Participant

I don’t even know why I remember Rock N’ Wrestling (had to look up the name) but I do. There was one time my parents had to go do something and they left me alone at the house (I was 7) without my older brother. I remember watching the cartoon while they were gone.

Barrdwing wrote:

I’m sure that I’ve seen Isis tapes (and DVDs, nowadays) at Comic-Con. They’re usually being sold by bootleggers (which can be awkward . . . but when it’s the only way to get the series I’m after, I do shop there. I’d rather buy a legit release, though :/) There’s been a small but persistent return of shows like Isis, or Electra Woman and Dyna Girl. I can look up business cards for these dealers sometime if you like . . . . πŸ™‚

Sweet! If you pass by it again, a PM will work. Thank you. 8)

And I know what you mean about the bootleg stuff.

A friend of mine was bragging about how they see all the new stuff, before it’s ever released, via the PC.

So I’m sitting there, watching their bootleg/self burned DVD, dealing with the graininess/poor sound quality and I kid you not …. I get a flashback to Science Theater 2000 as someone gets up from their seat to go take a pee/get some popcorn.

WTH was that?! Pause/rewind/playback.

It took .003 seconds for me to realize that the DVD they burned was from a camera someone snuck in to the Theater.

The rest of the movie I kept anticipating the silhouette of a talking bubblegum machine to start wisecracking. πŸ˜›

hmmmm….I must be the only one who liked Underdog!!! πŸ˜†

starbreeze wrote:

Underdog and Mightymouse were both very cool critters.

Necron99 wrote:

i liked dexter till they changed his Voice and Gendy Tardakawski went onto Samari Jack then Dexter Fell apart …i nver could get into Samari Jack.

The chair head you sure you werent watchig Pink Floyds The Wall :Razz:

I don’t recall a chair-headed character in The Wall.

Then again, my second viewing of it was definately an entirely different movie from when I first viewed it.

Eh hem. Nuff said!

Speaking of adult oriented cartoons … how about Heavy Metal, anyone recall that one?

The South Park spoof on that had me seeking it out for another viewing. Gawds, I should not have watched that as a young impressionable child.

pegasi1978 wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

Add in She-Ra, He-Man, Rainbow Brite, My Little Pony, Pound Puppies, M.A.S.K., Jem, GI Joe, Hulk Hogan’s Rock ‘N’ Wrestling, Robotech, Strawberry Shortcake, Pac Man, Dungeons & Dragons, Ewoks, Droids, Centurions, Care Bears, Pirates of Dark Water and probably a bunch of others I’m forgetting for me.

Those were all me too! πŸ˜€ And I liked Mighty Mouse! I even remember Count Duckula that used to come on Nickelodeon. Watched that every day! And pegasi, this is for you: Beechiwawa! πŸ˜†

lamortefille
        Participant

starbreeze wrote:

Nope, I watched that and Mighty Mouse, too. We didn’t have many choices back then, did we? :roll::lol:

My husband has started collecting the boxed collections of Looney Tunes. We watch lots of the adult cartoons on Adult Swim, too.

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

I loved Mighty Mouse. I also loved the Popples, Snorks, and The Koalas. I have Kimba the White Lion and My Little Pony on DVD. I’ll also always love old school Tom & Jerry before they made them talk. The Last Unicorn and The Hobbit were great old animated movies.

Aybody ever head of Unico? There were 3 movies, but the most widely known one was Unico and the Island of Magic. I absolutely adored those movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QljsdAuCG7g

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

I forgot about Count Duckula!! That was a good one too!! πŸ™‚

lamortefille wrote:

starbreeze wrote:

Nope, I watched that and Mighty Mouse, too. We didn’t have many choices back then, did we? :roll::lol:

My husband has started collecting the boxed collections of Looney Tunes. We watch lots of the adult cartoons on Adult Swim, too.

Is he collecting Loony Toons in general? Where do you start? Bugs Bunny alone, would be a ton of cartoons!! 😯

lamortefille
            Participant

starbreeze wrote:

lamortefille wrote:

starbreeze wrote:

Is he collecting Loony Toons in general? Where do you start? Bugs Bunny alone, would be a ton of cartoons!! 😯

We have been getting the Looney Tunes Golden Collection. They are a mix of all of the cartoons. They are up to #5 and one of the reviews said that there are still over 700 cartoons to choose from for release. 😯 It’s cool though, because they are all full length and uncensored.

I remember Heavy Metal; the Eagles did the theme song for it. πŸ™‚
              I liked Underdog, too. “There’s no need to fear! Underdog is here…..” and Sweet Polly Purebred. πŸ˜†

tasgrs wrote:

I remember Heavy Metal; the Eagles did the theme song for it. πŸ™‚
              I liked Underdog, too. “There’s no need to fear! Underdog is here…..” and Sweet Polly Purebred. πŸ˜†

i have seen Heavy Metal , its really good ..of course im a huge Bashki fan

lamortefille wrote:

starbreeze wrote:

lamortefille wrote:

starbreeze wrote:

We have been getting the Looney Tunes Golden Collection. They are a mix of all of the cartoons. They are up to #5 and one of the reviews said that there are still over 700 cartoons to choose from for release. 😯 It’s cool though, because they are all full length and uncensored.

They actually make boxed collections of those? I’ve downloaded several hundred old cartoons off LimeWire, but the quality isn’t always great.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 64 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.