fbpx

Older Cartoons

Home Forums Miscellany Community Older Cartoons

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Bob

lamortefille wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

purpledragonclaw wrote:

I loved Fraggle Rock! It’s finally on DVD too! My favorite was Wembley! I loved the Muppets too, and Dinosaurs! I loved Felix the Cat (I actually have a pair of socks with Felix on them). I don’t really find Popeye to be that entertaining; I mean, do the men in that series ever think? One functions on hormones, the other on spinach! What about using your brain??? And Olive Oyl screamed a lot; stop screaming and fight back! You’ve got arms, nails, teeth, and feet! Use them!! Oh, asinnamon, kudos for not letting your TV babysit your kids. 😉

UUMMM Olive Oyl had no arms or legs. She was a stick figure

Were you kidding or being serious?

http://www.bettyboop-a-doop.com/olive-oyl.html
      SERIOUS!! Look at how small around her arms and legs are!! How can you walk on legs that small?? No Upper Frontals either!!

lamortefille
      Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

lamortefille wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

purpledragonclaw wrote:

I loved Fraggle Rock! It’s finally on DVD too! My favorite was Wembley! I loved the Muppets too, and Dinosaurs! I loved Felix the Cat (I actually have a pair of socks with Felix on them). I don’t really find Popeye to be that entertaining; I mean, do the men in that series ever think? One functions on hormones, the other on spinach! What about using your brain??? And Olive Oyl screamed a lot; stop screaming and fight back! You’ve got arms, nails, teeth, and feet! Use them!! Oh, asinnamon, kudos for not letting your TV babysit your kids. 😉

UUMMM Olive Oyl had no arms or legs. She was a stick figure

Were you kidding or being serious?

http://www.bettyboop-a-doop.com/olive-oyl.html
        SERIOUS!! Look at how small around her arms and legs are!! How can you walk on legs that small?? No Upper Frontals either!!

I always hated Popeye, so I never really thought about it. I see what you’re saying, though. 😆

My husband likes Captain Scarlet and several of the other Gerry Anderson series. I don’t think he’s a big Thunderbirds fan, but most of the rest of it he likes. I think we have the box set for U.F.O. but I’m not sure what else might be lurking in the box colony out in the breezeway. 😛

Anyone remember Thunderbirds 2086? (Hint: Japanese animation)

if i had to choose just one old toon i could watch for the rest of my life i would have to pick Robo-Tech, the only anime i can stand besides Shin-Chan

Good old Robotech! 🙂 I bought the two-disc soundtrack when it came out. And another Shin-Chan fan! “Ass dance on Aisle Five!” 😆 Okay, Shin is one sick little puppy, and I don’t know why they thought that show needed punch-up writers, but we still watch it . . . . You saw their Star Wars parody, right?

Barrdwing wrote:

Good old Robotech! 🙂 I bought the two-disc soundtrack when it came out. And another Shin-Chan fan! “Ass dance on Aisle Five!” 😆 Okay, Shin is one sick little puppy, and I don’t know why they thought that show needed punch-up writers, but we still watch it . . . . You saw their Star Wars parody, right?

no i missed that. they only showed him ontv here for a short time, i amthinking of getting the series on dvd though

I have the Robotech series on DVD. Just recently I started watching it again. 😉

Barrdwing wrote:

Then there were all the Krofft shows . . . . 😳

Ah yes, the Krofft shows. How wonderously rediculous and goofy they could be. The Muppets were an all time favorite of mine.

As for cartoons, I remember that there were a lot of super hero cartoons, including women super heros. Isis was a favorite of mine, though it’s a very vague memory.

~Hoofer

I’m sure that I’ve seen Isis tapes (and DVDs, nowadays) at Comic-Con. They’re usually being sold by bootleggers (which can be awkward . . . but when it’s the only way to get the series I’m after, I do shop there. I’d rather buy a legit release, though :/) There’s been a small but persistent return of shows like Isis, or Electra Woman and Dyna Girl. I can look up business cards for these dealers sometime if you like . . . . 🙂

purpledragonclaw wrote:

for anyone who wants a copy of Fraggle Rock
        http://www.amazon.com/Fraggle-Rock-Complete-First-Season/dp/B0009RQSSW/ref=cm_lmf_tit_1_rdssss0

Heheh… Crayon Shin-Chan! I remember watching the old Robotech when they used to show Sailor Moon on Cartoon Network right after school.

Robotech is coming back! Actually the Robotech tour is coming to the Providence Anime Convention this year (Providence, RI… new convention. Created by the same people who do Anime Boston, only this con is for those 21 and older only, preregistration only with a cap at 2000 people – I’m definitely going if I can get my registration in).

siberakh1 wrote:

Heheh… Crayon Shin-Chan! I remember watching the old Robotech when they used to show Sailor Moon on Cartoon Network right after school.

Robotech is coming back! Actually the Robotech tour is coming to the Providence Anime Convention this year (Providence, RI… new convention. Created by the same people who do Anime Boston, only this con is for those 21 and older only, preregistration only with a cap at 2000 people – I’m definitely going if I can get my registration in).

i guess i have earned the white hairs , i watched Robotech when it first hit American shores in the early 80’s

Skigod377
        Participant

I was a Transformers, Thundercats, and Silverhawks baby. Courage the Cowardly Dog is so disgusting, but I cant help but watch it. 😆 Dexter is funny too. I dont know whats up with some cartoons today. I saw a cartoon with a chair for a head. I dont get it…

Skigod377
          Participant

I was a Transformers, Thundercats, and Silverhawks baby. Courage the Cowardly Dog is so disgusting, but I cant help but watch it. 😆 Dexter is funny too. I dont know whats up with some cartoons today. I saw a cartoon with a chair for a head. I dont get it…

i liked dexter till they changed his Voice and Gendy Tardakawski went onto Samari Jack then Dexter Fell apart …i nver could get into Samari Jack.

The chair head you sure you werent watchig Pink Floyds The Wall 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.