fbpx

Old school Cereals that no longer exist

Home Forums Miscellany Community Old school Cereals that no longer exist

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

i know we had a post on our favorite cereals but how about those sugary sweet cereals that are long gone . Some are really bad and some bring us back to those summers long ago where we ate our Fruity Island , Smurfs or C3PO’s and hit the slip and slide . Here are a few of those wonderful and not so grand eats from our past.

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e1/C-3PO’s.jpg/180px-C-3PO’s.jpg[/img]

I remember Smurf cereal made you pee blue!!!

I was never allowed to eat any of those cereals. I do remember a boo berry… (I don’t think it’s still made is it?)

Pegasi1978
    Participant

Boo Berry is still made, but I think it only comes out around Halloween now.

Laurie
      Participant

There was a cereal I loved when I lived up north, they sold it at Krogers, Buc Wheats. No one can find it now. If you do let me know, I’ll buy a few boxes and you can send them to me. 😀

Bob

I was thinking Boo Berry and Count Chocula or how ever it’s spelled

lamortefille
          Participant

Somehow I missed all of those…

Purplecat
            Participant

squeeeeeeeeee!!!! pac man! pac man! I loved the pac man cereal! 😀 😀 😀

Necron99 wrote:

MMMMM cereal made by purina, they cant even make a healthy dogfood, LMAO.

Strawberry Honeycombs (the entire box is completely strawberry… I know they tried introducing them again, but mixed in with regular honeycombs.

Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves Cereal! I actually liked the taste of that one. Then it disappeared from shelves. Sadness.

I remember Ghostbusters Cereal!

Booberry and Count Chocula is still around, as is Frankenberry.

yeah boo-berry ,count nad franenberry are still around like Peg said only around halloween now .around here you can only buy them in a 3 pack so if your only a fan one one or two ..your screwed, birds do like chocula though
              best bet to find them is BJ’s or Sams club since they are considred bulk .

back in the 70’s there were 5 monster cereals. besides booberry, count chocula and frankenberry.. there was Fruity Brute the werewolf featured above and Fruity Yummy Mummy ..i know im sad 😛

here are some old adds for Monsters Cereals

ruffian wrote:

Necron99 wrote:

MMMMM cereal made by purina, they cant even make a healthy dogfood, LMAO.

i put that one up because of the art, it was done by Ralph Bakshi the guy who drew Wizards, Mighty Mouse and most noteably Fritz the Cat

my fave as a little kid

heh, had to wiki it, to see what they had to say. Hmm, Dollar General stores are supposed to be selling some of the classic cereals like King Vitamin and Quisp. Bah, they also say Quisp is identical in flavor to Capn Crunch. What do they know.

Quisp, the first Internet cereal ??? Ah, sold directly from Quaker over the internet.

oh, wow. just did a search out of curiosity, on Amazon you can buy the classic cereals, and candy from the 70s, and all kinds of “hometown favorites” and nostalgic faves…

um, Chick-O-Stick candy, anyone ?

I want the Nintendo cereal! 😯 😆 No fair, I wasn’t even alive when it was first sold 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.