fbpx

okapis!!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody okapis!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    bayoudragon
    Participant

Hi Melody,

I have a big soft spot for okapis, and the unis are GORGEOUS!! Ebay is a little out of my range right now. >.< I am guessing with all the leg striping that the okapi pattern would be too time consuming for the store?? ๐Ÿ˜ณ If so, is there any possibility that there will be okapi poads?? squeek* My quagga poad is lonely. ๐Ÿ˜€

Ang

bayoudragon
      Participant
        WolfenMachine
        Participant

I LOVE actual Okapis (I even have a stuffed one and a little minature figure that the BF got me at the zoo last year :D) but Im not sure the color is so great on the unicorns. The baby is just precious though! I think the color might look good on a grand unicorn *wink wink*

PurpleTurtle
          Participant

I would freak if there was a a Okapi Poad! If it was ever a possibility, I would hope it would at least be a LP item. Ebay critters are way out of my league. I’ve been dying a little each time an Okapi unicorn has showed up on ebay.

Melody
            Keymaster

bayoudragon wrote:

Hi Melody,

I have a big soft spot for okapis, and the unis are GORGEOUS!! Ebay is a little out of my range right now. >.< I am guessing with all the leg striping that the okapi pattern would be too time consuming for the store?? ๐Ÿ˜ณ If so, is there any possibility that there will be okapi Poadโ„ขs?? squeek* My quagga Poadโ„ข is lonely. ๐Ÿ˜€

Ang
              Oh, of course I’ll do an okapi poad or two… we don’t have castings at the moment, or you’d be seeing them already!
              Yes the Okapi pattern is too hard to do as a store edition I think, but hey, that is what the PYOs unicorns are for!

bayoudragon
              Participant

Melody wrote:

Yes the Okapi pattern is too hard to do as a store edition I think, but hey, that is what the PYOs unicorns are for!

But the colors on yours are so beautifully rich and yummy-looking. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Purpleturtle, we can cry together when that Grand Uni comes out. :shout: ๐Ÿ˜†

Purplecat
                Participant

sigh….that’s a shame….I would have LOVED to see an okapi hatching pegasus, available to the storebuyers….it’s rare i see a piece I’ve longed for go for anywhere near retail on ebay. ๐Ÿ™

Melody
                  Keymaster

purplecat wrote:

sigh….that’s a shame….I would have LOVED to see an okapi hatching pegasus, available to the storebuyers….it’s rare i see a piece I’ve longed for go for anywhere near retail on ebay. ๐Ÿ™

The okapi markings would hardly show on a hatching Pegasus, maybe that would make them easier! Anything with tiny hand painted stripes is too complicated for a store version though. I am pushing the limits of stenciling with the poads’ markings.
                    ( I did do a Zonkey hatching Pegasus, it has almost the same markings as an okapi, but more leg stripes.)

WolfenMachine
                    Participant

Melody, could you please oh please paint another Okapi grand unicorn? *sad puppy eyes* He’s so gorgeous!

Andrea
                      Participant

I loved the first Okapi Male. He had redish undertones with the liver over. The supsequent ones had the red on top and it doesn’t look quite as rich in color.
                        The Numbat male is lovely!

Wampus Dragon
                        Participant

Please paint more Okapi males? I need him to complete the set, and the males do well as stand alone pieces also.

Melody
                          Keymaster

Sechan wrote:

Please paint more Okapi males? I need him to complete the set, and the males do well as stand alone pieces also.

At the moment we have exactly FOUR male unicorn horns left. Then we are OUT of them. I have one ” Barbados sheep” colored male I have painted, and then I can paint three more males. I will do them as Okapis, if you’d like.

Wampus Dragon
                            Participant

Okapi Okapi!

Then maybe a Palaminto? I still want to see this mint unicorn… ๐Ÿ˜€

Syn
                              Participant

I too love the Okapis, but I am also squeaking for a Fish Bone Male Uni to match my Mother Fish Bone. ๐Ÿ˜€

I won her by accident; it was an “I can’t believe I did that” moment when I realized I had won the wrong piece, a piece I did not even intend to bid on. However, when I received her and finally opened her up, I loved her. I checked and could not find that a matching Male has been up yet. Any hope that one will be coming?

Skeeterdeee
                                Participant

Are the Numbat critters one of the “easy to paint, but look extremely complicated” color schemes? I would be as happy as a clam if they became an LP in the store! That color makes me want to start collecting hoofers, too! ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.