fbpx

Oh NO! (Update, and then there were three!)

Home Forums Miscellany Community Oh NO! (Update, and then there were three!)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

We caught 2 more last night. There is just one left and the Momma, but I don’t think we will catch them. The last one is the most skiddish of them all, but I am hoping with the approaching hurricane Earl she will have a much better shot keeping one safe then four.

Here are some pictures!

Anyone interested in giving any of these fellows a home? So far, the Black and White is the nicest, the tabby is in the middle, and the snow shoe is going to be VERY difficult. If I bring him to a shelter they might put him down, she’s that bad… They’re all young enough though with some time and effort they will all come around I think. The black and white that we caught the day before the other two is already raising his back and his bum up when I pet him so he’s already making progress! The snow show is a girl, and the black and white a boy. Not too sure on the tabbys sex quite yet.

I’ve been calling them Haru

Faye

and Tracy

of course, they don’t even know that so the names can be changed obviously. It’s just easier to talk about them with names instead of descriptions.

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Rachel
      Participant

Awwww. I’m such a sucker for brown tabbies. Alas, I have my 2 kitty maximum, even if I could get one this far away.

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

I know, I’d LOVE to keep the Snow shoe, but I really can’t afford ANOTHER cat (of course I said that 2 cats ago…. then 1 cat ago….)

Got a busted Windstone?
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Tattoo Mother Kirin

Copper83
          Participant

Don’t lose hope on the skittish ones. We raised a litter of feral kittens a few years ago. They were hell to catch! I got bit by the biggest one. Took another day to catch the last one, a beautiful silver tabby. She was by far the most skittish of the bunch, but she did come around and was the most lovey of the bunch. After giving them the run of the house, I would wake up to find her curled up between my arm and side. It was really hard letting that one go. But the cat I had at the time was not going to tolerate another cat in the house. We really had to watch him while they were there.

One thing that I think really helped with them was that I held them in my lap when feeding them. They were so busy eating that they didn’t worry so much about me petting them, so they learned to trust me and associate good things with being held. Wish this had been done with my boys when they were rescued. They are totally convinced that bad things are going to happen when they are held. (They had to be force fed and medicated) Unfortunately, we reinforce this when we have to trim their claws or remove a mat. They are getting better though. After 5 years!

Good luck with them!

Azurielle
            Participant

oh that snowshoe is beautiful! Wish I could take her, but already have way too many cats, and just rescued another one that was abandoned…and the resturant where he waiting was giving him milk for three days, but never did anything else!!! Anyone want a beautiful, super sweet, orange and white boy? 😉

Keeper of the Fledgings

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

I really want to actually keep the Snow Shoe! Shaun is convinced we can afford another pet (shots, neuter/spay, flea control, etc etc…) She will be the toughest of the bunch and I usually like to take the one I am convinced will be the one that people might loose patience with if it doesn’t work out and just end up back out on the street again. Just to give them better odds, you know? Plus I find the hardest ones, are the ones who turn out to have the best personalities. I LOVE the black and white, but he’s going to be a very good pet with very little effort I think so he would be better with another family.

Good news is they’re using the litter box, bad news is they all have diarrhea from the tuna we used to catch them 🙄

Got a busted Windstone?
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Tattoo Mother Kirin

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

Oh! Anyone have any ideas what to do for the fleas? … or by the pictures are their any educated guesses on the age?

I can’t wash them with dish soap. I would traumatize them! I have a flea comb but it’s not 100% and I can’t bring them into the house either until the fleas are gone. I know advantage can be used on kittens 8 weeks and older, but do they look that old yet???

I don’t want to leave them in the garage too long. We have a hurrucane on the way in a few hours and after that it’s going to be HOT for DAYS! Too hot for them to be out there all day.

Got a busted Windstone?
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin

siberakh1
                  Participant

Oh, those are cute! I love the tabby! Too bad I can’t have a cat (mom won’t have one here in the house, plus I don’t know how my dogs are with cats). Soot is a handful as it is now (he’s pretty much deaf now, and his head is perpetually cocked – heh… he’s a cock-eyed cocker! *lol*, but now he has lost all of his spooky-ness, since he can’t hear and is just plain bold, brazen, and when he can manage it, a sneaky black ninja for anything edible *or perceived to be edible by him*).

Hopefully you can catch the last kitten and the mother. If you could catch the mother and at least get her spayed, that would be a bonus. She might not be able to be adopted, but at least she wouldn’t have any more litters. My great aunt has a feral, ‘Puss’, who comes around that she feeds. She managed to catch him once and had him neutered, so at least there won’t be any new cats from him. He will wander into the house and lay down on a certain chair or in the garage, but only for a very short stay. He never stays and goes on his way until he decides to stop by again.

Jasmine
                    Participant

Too cute!! Oh I wish I could have another one but hubby would have a fit. Hope you can get the last one and momma too. They’ve downgraded Earl to category 1 but still, stay safe!!

machineguts
                      Participant

Awwww they are so adorable! I’m so glad you were able to catch most of them!

drag0nfeathers
                        Participant

*phew* I just got finished flea combing all of them and I got them some flea medicine. I split one dose up between all 3 just to be safe. I convinced Shaun we are keeping the birman/snow shoe one for now. My manager is coming to pick up the other two from me tomorrow night and she is going to keep them in her camper. They are both really friendly now. A little skiddish still, but I got them to give me some little purrs while I was cleaning them up. The black and white one is especially friendly and gave me some little hand licks. On the other hand the snow shoe is still very quick to bite and yowls when touched. I will keep him for a while and work more with her to see if she will come around.

So the Black and White and the Tabby are both still available. I checked them again and they are both boys. The tabby is so FAT! Oh my goodness!!! He must have been the big boy and the other two the runts maybe.

I saw the momma and the other baby today, but I couldn’t get them. They are locked in inside garden though so they should be able to weather the storm just fine now. 🙂

Got a busted Windstone?
                          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                          Siphlophis Male Dragon
                          Calypso Hatching Empress
                          Tattoo Mother Kirin

Anonymous

oh Drag0n they are all so very precious – you’ve done an honorable thing by catching them – and they will find good homes. Wow, how different from one another they are! Pretty kitties! 🙂

drag0nfeathers
                            Participant

I know right!? I can’t believe they are all from the same litter. The 4th one I couldn’t catch looked like a fluffy russian blue. They were a beautiful litter of babies.

Oh!!!! I am SO IN LOVE with this cow kitty. He is SO SWEET!!!! He’s already rubbing face with me and purring like a little motor boat! *cries* I don’t wanna give them away!

Got a busted Windstone?
                              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                              Siphlophis Male Dragon
                              Calypso Hatching Empress
                              Tattoo Mother Kirin

drag0nfeathers
                              Participant

YAY! Despite discussing it until 2 am when I REALLY needed to go to bed early, I have convinced Shaun that we need the very friendly kitty to help aid in the very mean kitty’s recovery so we will be keeping Haru and Faye with the hopes they both work out with our other cats once they are introduced! 😀

I already had two people who wanted him, but both backed out and he was the only one without a home. So the sad “but nobody wants him face” worked to my advantage as well!

Got a busted Windstone?
                                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                                Calypso Hatching Empress
                                Tattoo Mother Kirin

darjeb
                                Participant

You are a wonrful person to take care of the kitties

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.