fbpx

Nuke's PYO's : Imperial Kirin Completed Pg 5

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Nuke's PYO's : Imperial Kirin Completed Pg 5

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    PurpleTurtle
    Participant

I really like it to. His scales look really neat. It looks very fluid, if that makes any sense. Leave him as he is πŸ˜‰ .

Adaneth
      Participant

Wow! He is one eye-catching kirin! Nice work! πŸ˜€

KoishiiKitty
        Participant

I think what the black antiquing did worked out. even if it looks messy, it gave a really cool affect, i really like how it turned out.

Laurie
          Participant

I’m not really a red person, but i do like the kirin. I’d leave it the way it is, It’s really pretty. πŸ˜‰

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

Wow! Looking awesome as usualy Nuke! Can’t wait to see what you’re planning next πŸ˜‰ 😳

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Kujacker
              Participant

I’ve used nail polish before on windstones… but in moderation. What color is the nail polish? The gold? I like the look of his red scales though!

Kujacker wrote:

I’ve used nail polish before on windstones… but in moderation. What color is the nail polish? The gold? I like the look of his red scales though!

It’s the red. I didn’t have any metallic paint that wasn’t red enough! The gold is imitation leaf.

kitsunelady
                Participant

It looks okay to me. o.o; Very liquid metal, like someone else said. =) What do you think is wrong with it? Is it rough to the touch? Too streaky?

Kujacker
                  Participant

Nuke wrote:

Kujacker wrote:

It’s the red. I didn’t have any metallic paint that wasn’t red enough! The gold is imitation leaf.

I think the red looks wonderful. I think you should keep him as is.
                    I’d buy him if he was for sale, and if I could afford him heheh.

Amanda
                    Participant

So cool! I love that shade of red, I’d leave her just like she is!

Lokie
                      Participant

If you hadn’t said it was ruined, I wouldn’t have know there was an issue and thought it was intentional. Some people aim to get there pieces to look that way. Very nice πŸ™‚

I assumed nail polish wasn’t good to use on the gypsum. Because it smelled so bad I thought there must be oils and other crazy non plaster friendly chemicals in them. I’m glad to see it works πŸ™‚

kitsunelady
                        Participant

Isn’t nail polish an acrylic? o.o I’d swear it is…but I’m too lazy to go upstairs to the bathroom and look at mine…

Lokie
                          Participant

kitsunelady wrote:

Isn’t nail polish an acrylic? o.o I’d swear it is…but I’m too lazy to go upstairs to t.he bathroom and look at mine…

I’m too lazy to go upstairs myself πŸ˜† so I googled it 😳

The common ingredients in nail polish are:

Ethyl acetate, butyl acetate, nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, tosylamide/formaldehyde resin, isopropyl alcohol, trymethy/pentaryl diisobutyrate, tripheny/phosphate, ethyl tosylamide, stearalkonium bentonite, camphor, diacetone alcohol, stearalkonium hectorite, benzophenone-1, citric-acid, dimethicone, calcium sodium phosphosilicate, mica.

Apparently that’s what the major brands make their nail polish out of, but if I’m understanding Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nail_polish), in 2003 water based nail polish was developed. However, I googled manufaturers of water based nail polish, and I didn’t recognize brand names (Suncoast, Natural Beauty). But maybe nitrocellulose is fine to use on porous surfaces :shrug: I’m clueless when it comes to this stuff πŸ˜†

Err, can you tell I’m bored waiting for paint to dry and Lost to start, that I’m willing to google nail polish πŸ˜†

He is complete! I had so much trouble with this guy I think I’d sell him just so I didn’t have to look at him and remember all that frustration XD I browsed through all the photographing tips and built my own DIY macro light tent and it works beautifully!

If anybody is seriously interested in buying him (starting offer will be $270 US plus shipping) Please leave a comment so I can determine if he will sell or not before posting in the flea market while he sits pretty and dries completely.

Stephanie
                            Participant

He’s absolutely stunning!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 78 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.