fbpx

Now Only 1 Brown OW Left

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Now Only 1 Brown OW Left

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    Travistie
    Participant

skigod377 wrote:

I really think everyone should grab the signed stuff while they are available. Miss Melody seems to be phasing them out with a quickness.

I think you’re right about that!

siberakh1
      Participant

I noticed my Brown OW has a number on his underside on the felt. Is that an indication of the number that were made? It’s a fraction (I’m at work, so I can’t confirm until tomorrow morning).

That’s strange. The limited production dragons aren’t supposed to be numbered.

siberakh1
        Participant

Yeah, I didn’t think so either (just limited edition and artist editions had signatures) that’s why I’m curious what it means 🙂

Mmloda
          Participant

Romeodanny wrote:

That’s strange. The limited production dragons aren’t supposed to be numbered.

Thats really cool…can you post a pic 😆

Marzena

siberakh1 wrote:

Yeah, I didn’t think so either (just limited edition and artist editions had signatures) that’s why I’m curious what it means 🙂

My brown fledgling (limited production) has a circled “1” written on the felt. I asked Melody about it, and she said that it indicated the group # — i.e., mine was from the first group to be painted, so the next group would have a circled “2”, etc.

I’m not sure what the fraction means though…

siberakh1
            Participant

Hmm, I’ll have to check my brown hatching emperor too.

Mmloda, I’ll try and get a pic tomorrow and upload it before work if I can. If not, I’ll be doing pics of some pyos on Saturday and can get a pic of him at the same time.

siberakh1 wrote:

Oh, sorry! I actually meant to say “brown fledgling”, not “hatching brown emperor.” I’ve corrected my post above.

By the way, I just checked my hatching brown emperor and he doesn’t have any number on the felt, just the signature.

mimitrek wrote:

siberakh1 wrote:

Oh, sorry! I actually meant to say “brown fledgling”, not “hatching brown emperor.” I’ve corrected my post above.

By the way, I just checked my hatching brown emperor and he doesn’t have any number on the felt, just the signature.

I don’t think my brown fledge has a number, I’ll have to check that out.

Tiffany
              Participant

in regards to the white OWs, i bought #5, which then made four. my bank account is quite distressed at this point, but i didn’t want to miss out on another limited ow. i wanted a brown but missed them, so i wasn’t going to miss out again. i may sell my rainbow mom to help balance things out moneywise….
                folks with the brown scratchers… any chance you might post pics of yours in your collection? look what the pics and comments did for the OWs, i bet if people here saw how nice yours look, it would inspire them to buy! i’m sure the folks at the factory would love to see them move! honestly i love the brown, but i thought the pic of the scratcher made him look a little funny; a little dark around the eyes and light on the rear leg (me being picky)… i’m sure he is soooooo much nicer looking in person! show em off folks! make the rest of us jealous!

I love the browns, but, I just can’t afford to buy anymore of them. I only have the hatching empress, fledge, mother coiled, and the curled now. I would have loved to get the OW.

Travistie
                Participant

siberakh1 wrote:

I noticed my Brown OW has a number on his underside on the felt. Is that an indication of the number that were made? It’s a fraction (I’m at work, so I can’t confirm until tomorrow morning).

That is strange. Mine doesn’t have any numbers on the bottom. At least I don’t think he did. I didn’t really look at the bottom of mine good. I just glanced underneath while holding him up to see Melody’s signature. Very interesting! Make sure you ask Melody about that, and please post pics if you get a chance. I’d like to see too. 🙂

Travistie
                  Participant

tfsculptures wrote:

in regards to the white OWs, i bought #5, which then made four. my bank account is quite distressed at this point, but i didn’t want to miss out on another limited ow. i wanted a brown but missed them, so i wasn’t going to miss out again. i may sell my rainbow mom to help balance things out moneywise….
                    folks with the brown scratchers… any chance you might post pics of yours in your collection? look what the pics and comments did for the OWs, i bet if people here saw how nice yours look, it would inspire them to buy! i’m sure the folks at the factory would love to see them move! honestly i love the brown, but i thought the pic of the scratcher made him look a little funny; a little dark around the eyes and light on the rear leg (me being picky)… i’m sure he is soooooo much nicer looking in person! show em off folks! make the rest of us jealous!

See, the store photo of the brown Scratcher was good to me. I liked the look of the dark around his eyes. He is very much nicer in person though… I think that’s the case with all the dragons really. Pictures never do them justice. I still need to get me an imageshack account or something so I can post pics. I’ve been wanting to do that, but I also need a decent camera too. The one I have sucks. 🙄

Tiffany
                    Participant

oh i definitely agree that pics never do em justice! (thats what i figured the case was). hmmmmm let me think of a good example… ahh how about…. white dragons! wow! big surprise! lol! they almost always look blown out in pics, but look awesome in person, or a casual home shot as opposed to a studio shot.
                      i love dark eye rings on the dragons actually; i managed to get lucky and got all my rubies with dark eye rings, squee! i love how it makes their eyes pop.
                      as for having a frumpy camera, i totally hear ya there, the one i had was AWFUL until my dad got me a new one for my b-day. he got me a “canon powershot a560” a small, and very easy to use camera that takes really nice pics and movies! only 150 bucks at bestbuy! they go on sale too- i think he got mine for 110. it took pics almost as nice as his multi-thousand dollar professional camera (he’s a photographer). check it out sometime if you are feeling spendy! 🙂 i am totally uncamera savvy and i found it really easy and common sense-y to use!

Travistie
                      Participant

I definitely need to check that camera out. I have a crappy phillips something (I can’t remember the exact model) digital camera. I’m wanting to get one that is under $200.00… and the one you mentioned seems to be perfect. Thanks for the tip!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 136 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.