fbpx

Not Signed Item

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Not Signed Item

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
  • Author

You can’t be clearer than that. I’ll guess we’ll just have to wait and see what the seller’s response is.

lamortefille
    Participant

darjeb wrote:

I wasn’t trying to be snotty or anything I just thought she might want to know

I wouldn’t worry about it darjeb…you just can’t be nice to some people. 😉

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Oh I was quite clear.. polite but clear. She hasn’t responded to me.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

lamortefille wrote:

That’s a rather snotty reply to you, darjeb. It certainly doesn’t encourage me to bid….imagine what they would say if it arrived damaged? 🙄

darjeb wrote:

I think lamorettefille meant the seller was being snotty to you, not you being snotty. 😀 I don’t think you were being snotty. 😉

BDW
        Participant

Jennifer wrote:

She hasn’t responded to me either…was my message impolite? 😯

Laurie
          Participant

You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink. 🙂

darjeb
            Participant

Blackdesertwind wrote:

Jennifer wrote:

She hasn’t responded to me either…was my message impolite? 😯

ABSOLUTELY NOT

lamortefille
              Participant

eaglefeather831 wrote:

lamortefille wrote:

That’s a rather snotty reply to you, darjeb. It certainly doesn’t encourage me to bid….imagine what they would say if it arrived damaged? 🙄

darjeb wrote:

I think lamorettefille meant the seller was being snotty to you, not you being snotty. 😀 I don’t think you were being snotty. 😉

Yup, that’s right…the seller was snotty, not you darjeb.

BDW
                Participant

Well the seller finaly replied to my message but I sent him/her two messages one for each Windstone and it’s funny how the seller delibritely chooses to ignore the one for the white dragon but instaid chooses to answer the one for the green dragon:
                  Here is his reply:

“I would change it but it has already been bid on. Since this seems to be very apparent, (from the countless e-mails we’ve received), I think the clear photos would let anyone who knows about these dragons determine this for themselves.

– ilovefeds”

But I did notice that he/she didn’t change the title and description for the white dragon that has no bid yet…so what is the excuse for that one? Oviously he/she is doing this intentionaly for more money. That’s totaly wrong for him/her to do that!!! GRRRR

I decided to send this message following his reply:

“Dear ilovefeds,

You don’t have a bid on your other auction:
                  http://cgi.ebay.com/Windstone-PENA-Dragon-Candle-Sculpture-RARE-SIGNED_W0QQitemZ260262586507QQihZ016QQcategoryZ35873QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Shouldn’t you change it before there is a bid?
                  It’s very misleading.
                  Thanks

– blackdesertwind”

then I followed it with this:

“Dear ilovefeds,

Not every one knows everything about these dragons and could think they are actualy getting an actual signature and would probable be willing to pay more for it.
                  Maybe an added note would be in order.
                  And a modification of your other auction: Item number: 260262586507 before it’s too late since you now know that they are not signed by Melody Pena.
                  Thank you

– blackdesertwind”

Yeah, I saw those auctions too.

eBay, to my knowledge, requires full disclosure of the seller to the buyer, and that would include being as accurate as possible with the description of whatever one is selling. For that seller to not post a correction, regardless of whether or not there have been bids on an item, is bad eBay practice, and the winner of that item could easily file a complaint that the item was falsely listed.

I’d thought about pointing that out to that person too.

I’m just surprised they didn’t thank you for the 411 and make the addendum to the listing. (This is the first time I’ve come across a seller who’s made such a stink about it. Whenever I’ve pointed out an error, I get thanked and the item corrected.) They are now deliberately misrepresenting the item if they don’t change it, which is against eBay policy (to my knowledge).

Not cool.

I had to comment to the seller. On that dragon candle holder, someone had asked:

Quote:

Q: Hi- Where is the signature on this? Jul-20-08
                  A: Hi there, It’s on the back near the base of the sculpture, I beleive one of the photos shows it, but it may be difficult to see… Thanks, Marni

So I sent a note to the seller what others have as well, about the piece not being signed.

I also sent the same note to the seller about the green dragon, because bid or no bid, that item is misrepresented.

Quote:

This piece is not signed. The “Pena” is the copyright stamp. The Windstone artists sign their pieces on the bottom of the item (usually on the felt pad). Nice dragon candle holder though (nice green Windstone male dragon though).

not only that, if I’m not mistaken, didn’t they represent the candlelamp as being painted by Melody as well? I may have that mixed up with another misleading auction I read. I may bid on the emerald male if he continue to stay under retail, but I am tempted to leave some low DSR’s for the seller’s behavior towards the forum members. They CAN revise an ad after bids are placed, and if as a result of that revision, bidders choose to retract a bid, then it would be allowed, especially if the seller does not object. But what the seller does not seem to understand is that with the condition of the dragon, and that it retailed for more than the bid is now, they would have no problems selling it for a lot more money–if they would just be HONEST!!!
                  :spank:

is it possible for one of us to contact Ebay about this, and say that they have been sent notes to correct this, and have refused to revise their ads? I am almost positive Ebay will pull their ad, since there have been bids, and the complaint can be made anonymously.

BDW
                  Participant

I did contact eBay about this since the seller clearly to me shows his intention of misrepresenting the items in order to get more money wich in turn is againts eBay policy rules. But eBay will not discuss any of the outcome for privacy issues.

Sorry I’m just getting tired of cheaters on eBay. I had my fair share.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.