fbpx

Not Another Thread of Mourning…but dammit

Home Forums Miscellany Community Not Another Thread of Mourning…but dammit

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

drag0nfeathers wrote:

but George Carlin passed away today and that makes me VERY sad…

I have posted this on the entrance door at Astral Castle:

Quote:

“Thanks to our fear of death in this country I won’t have to die. I’ll pass away. Or I’ll expire, like a magazine subscription.”

George Denis Patrick Carlin
    (May 12, 1937 – June 22, 2008)

Skigod377
    Participant

I heard that on the radio this morning. He had some funny sayings. One of the guys here in the office is a big fan.

I couldn’t believe it when I saw the news online this morning πŸ˜₯ ….that’s the end of an era.
      I have several of his earlier albums on vinyl. My favorite was “On the Road”….that had the 2 Minute Warning and the Dog skits on it.
      *sigh*…..he’ll be missed, for sure.

Kasie
      Participant

He will be missed! πŸ˜₯

To whomever asked, he died of heart failure. He was complaining of chest pains Sunday afternoon/early evening I believe. He’s had several major heart attacks already, so it wasn’t entirely unexpected, by himself even. He even joked about it in some of his performances. It was just a matter of when really.

I love his humor so much! I used part of his ‘7 words you can’t say on television’ speech for my high school graduation speech 😈 He had a very honest way of looking at things that was blunt and he felt he needed to let people know about it. He was very intelligent and knew how to present things well and pressed the envelope.

He will certainly be missed by the comedic world! πŸ˜₯

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

The Castle [Dave wrote:

“]

drag0nfeathers wrote:

but George Carlin passed away today and that makes me VERY sad…

I have posted this on the entrance door at Astral Castle:

Quote:

“Thanks to our fear of death in this country I won’t have to die. I’ll pass away. Or I’ll expire, like a magazine subscription.”

George Denis Patrick Carlin
          (May 12, 1937 – June 22, 2008)

Awwwww!!!! That’s so nice!!!! It’s the perfect quote to use too!!!

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Laurie
          Participant

I was walking by the tv and heard them say he passed. He was so funny its a shame.

I won’t miss him.

I’ll remember him fondly and treasure every skit, movie and voice-over he’s ever done.

Hoofer wrote:

I won’t miss him.

I’ll remember him fondly and treasure every skit, movie and voice-over he’s ever done.
            I will miss the thrill of anticipation at the announcement of a new recording or broadcast, not knowing how many apposite comments he’ll direct at my own stupidity and ignorance, with me being totally grateful to him for the insight into my condition.

Allison
            Participant

*Sigh* I’ll miss him, I loved how intelligent his humor could be…among other things πŸ˜‰

He was Mr. Conductor when I was little and watched Shining Time Station, just after Ringo Star finished up. Imagine my shock when I first saw one of his real shows a few years later πŸ˜†

I got to see him live a few years ago. It was the only time that I have, but I have watched his HBO Comedy Hours repeatedly until I laughed so hard my face and head and belly hurt. I will miss him, as he was a hero to me. I saw my first show with my babysitter when I was only 8 or so….(Thank goodness mom didn’t know.)
              I will miss him, he was my absolute favorite. So, now Kinneson and Carlin are dead, and Eddie has gone Disney… πŸ™

Arya wrote:

*Sigh* I’ll miss him, I loved how intelligent his humor could be…among other things πŸ˜‰

He was Mr. Conductor when I was little and watched Shining Time Station, just after Ringo Star finished up. Imagine my shock when I first saw one of his real shows a few years later πŸ˜†

Kinda like finding out about PeeWee? And the fact he was a crazy guy in one of the Cheech and Chong movies? πŸ˜† I was almost scared of him after watching him run around and clap his hands like he was crazy. 😯

WindstoneCollector wrote:

Kinda like finding out about PeeWee? And the fact he was a crazy guy in one of the Cheech and Chong movies? πŸ˜† I was almost scared of him after watching him run around and clap his hands like he was crazy. 😯

Yeah, PeeWee exposing himself that one time at a movie theater and some kid seeing him. He (PeeWee) actually was born and went to school (through 3rd grade I believe) at my college town (technically a city… small but still qualifies as a city!). The original Simba (adult Simba) in the Broadway production of The Lion King was also from the same place too (also dead – suicide). My friend Brad went to school with him.

I actually went as PeeWee for halloween one year! πŸ˜† I procrastinated finding a costume and it was the only one I could find that I thought was neat that wasn’t the usual witch/princess/black cat that everyone seemed to be doing!

lamortefille
              Participant

Actually, he (Paul Reubens) was arrested for (allegedly) masturbating in an adult movie theater. He pleaded no contest to the charge. Probably not the brightest move on his part (the act, not the plea) but he is human after all….

Well, I didn’t know Carlin either, but he does have some pretty funny stuff. RIP.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.