fbpx

new Hoarder ? dragon

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody new Hoarder ? dragon

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Chloe
    Participant

I’ve been patiently waiting, as well. πŸ™‚

John
      Keymaster

Melody thought that I should answer this. The truth is they have been waiting for someone here to start a KickStarter campaign and offer the first ones in a variety of finishes. We had started to put it together and then, due to an employee relocation, it lost momentum. Our employee is now re-settled in Montana and he says he could get on it again. It may not be an A-One effort due to the fact that none of us are into having video presence, but it will, no doubt, attract some attention, which we sorely need. Any suggestions as to ways you would like to see them painted are welcome.

Stormbreeze
        Participant

I’d help spread the word in any way I can.

As for colors, an autumn-themed dragon would be a great way to start to a new sculpt. Or perhaps something having to do with nectarines. You know, white ones. With bright red accents and silver horns πŸ™‚

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

jmoore
          Participant

All of the test paints I saw in the pictures on Facebook looked awesome…… I remember some Autumn Leaf, Sand, Blue Morpho…..

pipsxlch
            Participant

I also hope that these have awhile yet to bake, as there is no way I could afford even a foo pup at the moment.

I don’t know enough about Kickstarter to give a good opinion, all I know is what I read here when it was brought up awhile ago. While for myself I would like to see them released in production colors past and present, that probably isn’t the best idea for a Kickstarter batch. I think a grab bag style batch would work best, with a variety of colors and patterns both natural and fantasy to showcase all that the sculpt can be. This way, whether you are more attracted to ‘real’ looking pieces or ones that would make an acid trip look tame, you should see one that makes you say “Wow, that’s really neat! I would love to see these made and get one!” A paintjob that you don’t like can kind of ruin a piece to you, so I do think it’s important to have a variety to show people. So some simple pieces, some crazy complex, muted natural colors, vibrant shades, metallics, pastels, just a variety to hopefully make something that will appeal to anyone and everyone.

I don’t know how you really publicize it, maybe ask people to put it up on their Facebook page? I don’t have Facebook, so I don’t know how this works.

yolanda
              Participant

Can someone explain the kickstarter for me ?? πŸ˜‰

Stormbreeze
                Participant

I think it’s where people donate money to a cause, and then receive a product in return. (I don’t really know either! :P)

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

SPark
                  Participant

Can someone explain the kickstarter for me ?? πŸ˜‰

I’ve run three campaigns so far! It’s basically for two things:

One is how it’s mostly used, for when you have a product you want to make, but the initial startup costs are just too great for you to pay, so you tell everybody “Hey, pitch in and help me get the funds to do this project, and I’ll give you stuff.” Usually the stuff is the project in question. Like I needed to get some resin dragons cast, and the caster had a minimum order, so I needed to have enough funds to do at least 20 of them. (Most of my backers got the dragons after they were cast, though I also offered a few other options for people who didn’t want or couldn’t afford them, and still wanted to help.)

The other is basically doing a project you could fund normally, but you’d rather let the community have a chance to “own” it by helping fund it, and maybe get some publicity/advertising out of it as well, which I think would be what Windstone would be doing here, since obviously they’re totally capable of making hoarder dragons without needing special funding.

A good kickstarter campaign has rewards at different levels ranging from quite cheap to WAY expensive, so I personally think it would be good to have both unique, grab-bag ones, and a batch of ones painted production style (maybe in a kickstarter exclusive color?) that would be slightly cheaper, to give more people a chance to donate.

And preferably there should be some smaller rewards, like say special fuzzies or something, so people who want to help out, but don’t have money, can pitch in a couple of bucks and still get something.

I don’t have the time/spoons to help actually run a campaign, but if anybody at Windstone wants to ask me about my experience with kickstarter, I’d be happy to help, btw. All three of my projects were quite small scale, but they were all three successful, which I’m pretty sure is beating the odds, quite a few campaigns fail. πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.