fbpx

New color on ebay

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone New color on ebay

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 82 total)
  • Author

skigod377 wrote:

I dunno… I kinda like the colors on the Ebay one. More yellow.

Hmm…maybe you want to get this one and sell the one you have? I think the one on Ebay actually looks more like the flame ones than the violet flame.

Skigod377
    Participant

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

😯 I thought you’d like more of the pink!?!?!?! 😯 LoLIm not myself today.

Mimi, I had the same thought. I was thinking of doing a BIN of what this one goes for or a little higher, but there is no guarantee it will sell… then I will be stuck with a BIG Windstone bill with no way to pay it 😯

dragonmedley
      Participant

mimitrek wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

Hmm…maybe you want to get this one and sell the one you have? I think the one on Ebay actually looks more like the flame ones than the violet flame.

Actually, he reminds me of the copper mauve. I like him a lot, but I have a feeling I’ll lose the “we need to pay the mortgage” argument πŸ˜€

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Now that is a beautiful Windstone

I love him! And I love the blue eyes – I like them more than the red. He’s very handsome. Unfortunately, I bet he will go for a bunch. If only I had won the Mega Millions yesterday….

Skigod377
        Participant

I asked about how many were in the “Series” and this is what Miss Melody said: “I’ve got three of these violet flame guys, I think. The next one is Blue Violet and has a broken toenail that I need to repair. I think there is one or two other Violet Flames similar to these, but I will probably keep one.. -M”

skigod377 wrote:

Mimi, I had the same thought. I was thinking of doing a BIN of what this one goes for or a little higher, but there is no guarantee it will sell… then I will be stuck with a BIG Windstone bill with no way to pay it 😯

From what various people mentioned in previous threads, someone on the forum might want to buy your violet flame one from you.

Maybe you want to post a thread to see who would be willing to make a commitment to buy it at the price you’re asking? Or course, you’d have to decide on the price now, before buying the one that’s currently on Ebay…

Melody
          Keymaster

skigod377 wrote:

Yup! I saw it. I was kinda surprised when I saw a OOAK violet flame ow when I have one sitting on my shelf. Im not sure I understand the OOAK in a series thing, but I did ask how many are in a series.

This is a test paint piece. He doesn’t match the other flames, he was a test paint that I did to come up with the flame color for the limited edition of flames. This guy has copper on him, bold violet on his wings, and gold spots on his wing webs. He isn’t as “Flaming” as the flames, because the orangish color on this dragon is copper instead of ruby and gold paint.
            We also purposely tone down the ebay photos. John worked hard to make this dragon not look too bright in the photo.
            I also meant to call him “Violet bronze” not flame, since he is really more bronze color.

Skigod377
            Participant

Melody wrote:

This is a test paint piece. He doesn’t match the other flames, he was a test paint that I did to come up with the flame color for the limited edition of flames. This guy has copper on him, bold violet on his wings, and gold spots on his wing webs. He isn’t as “Flaming” as the flames, because the orangish color on this dragon is copper instead of ruby and gold paint.
              We also purposely tone down the ebay photos. John worked hard to make this dragon not look too bright in the photo.
              I also meant to call him “Violet bronze” not flame, since he is really more bronze color.

LOL @ flaming…Thanks for the explanation. I think this one looks better than mine.

Maria
              Participant

I like the bright colors on Ski’s and Nirvana’s much better. And the blue eyes on the E-Bay one seem so unfitting, somehow, while Nirvana’s OW’s blue eyes don’t… πŸ˜•

Jodi
                Participant

I think I like the more muted one on Ebay, but I won’t be able to bid anyway. I just have to wait for the production OWs (Gold, hopefully, but I’d take Black Gold too at this point).

Melody
                  Keymaster

skigod377 wrote:

Melody wrote:

LOL @ flaming…Thanks for the explanation. I think this one looks better than mine.

It doesn’t look better, just different. I chose to paint the violet flames like yours because they were brighter and more impressive than this copper-based one. I’ve got a cart full of OOAK’s that look somewhat like the limited edition colors. I test paint several dragons before I decide on an exact color/pattern good enough to do an edition of them that are all the same.
                    I have lots of test paint OOAK versions of black gold, regular flame, black peacock, gold,silver… etc. They are all different from the limited edition ones.

Skigod377
                    Participant

Oh! Well in that case….*Dispenses all thoughs of ever selling* πŸ˜€ I will just try to get this one, too. I like the gold/coppery color, though.

Doing hypnosis….Nobody sees the violet flame, it belongs to Romeo….nobody will bid on it…. πŸ˜†

haha, good luck with that one. πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 82 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.