fbpx

need tracking help

Home Forums Miscellany Community need tracking help

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

I have a major problem.I have shipped back and forth with member in Canada now for a couple of years and have never had any shipping issuesbut once and it got returned to me.I always mark “return to sender”.Last month I sent 3 out to Canada at the same time.Around the 5th.None of the three have reached their destination.I have called the 800 number,went to my post office,checked numerous times on the net and it says,departed Gulfport sorting on the 7th but from this…nothing.I am returning to the po first thing Monday morning but last time she just went to her computer and checked the track,got the same answer I did at home and just gave me a DUH look.Totally useless.I know and understand the frustration from the members waiting on their packages but I am too,more than you know and I am at a loss what to do.They seemed to all have dropped off the face of the Earth.All 3???? I cannot replace these things and surely don’t have the funds at the moment besides the fact that I don’t want to be ripped off either.If we have no way to find them or know they are delivered,how do I know that they haven’t been ?I am not pointing a finger,PLEASE do NOT think that.This is a valid question.I do want everyone to get what I sent them,one was a gift and they are all important.So my question is,how do I handle this properly and what do I do so all persons involved get what they should?Please,need advice.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Grayfire_artz
      Participant

1 it is a big no no for a facility to let a package sit for more then 2 days. Bring that up. Let them know you want to talk to the manager of that sorting facility and that they will give you a phone number. Other wise you’ll go the you local news station. This happened to me an dfeathers recently and it took 2 and a half months but we got the emp that was in the mail back. The managers of the post facility will work with you and they are the ones that you need to call. Also call georgia Lost mail facility and let them know that your boxes are lost. I have that number if you need. When you call it’ll put you through to an answer machine stay on the line and it’ll put you back through the ringing loop. Make sure you talk to someone! Be persistent and start claim after claim if you have to. also check online for the sort facility number. Your post office may try to give you the run around and be sure to call there BS let them know you mean business and want your boxes back. I only was able to get more info after I threatened to go to the news about my situation.

Grayfire_artz
        Participant

Also do not let them blaim you because they will try! With tracking to canada they do track up until it reaches customs if it doesn’t say that it has gotten there it is still in the usa. Also file an insurance claim even if you didn’t put insurance on it insurance does not cover their neglect in loosing a package. They guaranty safe shipping but not that the item will still be in one piece. Have your customer file for one to and complain. Keep all your paper work and let them know that you know someone else who has dealt with this ,aka me, and that they don’t mind supporting you in going to your local news to try and get to the bottom of this.

Scathach
          Participant

You can also try going to the Canada Post tracking site and enter the tracking number from the USA. If it made it into Canada, it should show up on that system. Often, too, if the tracking number begins with an “L” there seems to be less information available on the USPS system than if the tracking number begins with a “C”.

I had a giant panic attack a while ago when a package coming to me from the USA and seemed “stuck” in the state of origin. Just as I was about to rain down holy &#)) on both postal services, it arrived.

I have had some packages take nearly 3 weeks to arrive (rare but it has happened). My typical time for pacakges fro the USA is 7-10 days (USPS) regardless of the shipping service used.

Did you contact Canada Post and use their 800 number too?

I don’t know if this helps you or not. I hope it does.

Life is beautiful.

Skylover
            Participant

How were these packages shipped – first class or priority? If they were first class, they can take awhile to arrive. I had one take 6 weeks and another take about 8 weeks. I know for both of them I was very worried, and neither of them were traceable once they went through customs. I called and talked to people, but there didn’t end up being anything anyone could do for me. They both did arrive eventually though.

windstonefan
              Participant

Just for future refrence you can now track a package when it is sent priority to Canada. If you do it on line there is a special section you just have to click on it and it will track for you. You have to check yourself to see where it is at. But even when it is delivered they will send you a message. Nice huh?

Delivered CANADA 09/07/12 1:04pm

Arrival at Post Office CANADA 09/07/12 10:27am

Customs clearance CANADA 09/06/12 1:24pm
                processing complete

Customs Clearance CANADA 09/06/12 10:42am

Processed Through Sort CANADA 09/06/12 10:42am
                Facility

Processed Through Sort ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) 09/01/12 4:47am
                Facility

Arrived at Sort ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) 09/01/12 3:30am
                Facility

Dispatched to Sort NEW BOSTON MI 48164 08/30/12 4:45pm
                Facility

Acceptance NEW BOSTON MI 48164 08/30/12 2:12pm

Shipment Accepted NEW BOSTON MI 48164 08/30/12 2:11pm

Electronic Shipping 08/29/12
                Info Received

Reminder: Track & Confirm by email

windstonefan

littleironhorse
                Participant

Like Scathach said, try the Canada Post website. When I’m waiting for something I always check both sites, sometimes the USPS site has more info and sometimes it’s the Canadian site.

Also just a note: I once had a package spend 3 weeks in customs before being released. It doesn’t happen often, but it does happen. So although it’s unpleasant, I wouldn’t panic quite yet.

Tara
                  Participant

For me most of my packages come in 1-3 weeks though I have had atleast 1 take a month or so to arrive. I’m pretty sure that usually when they are seriously delayed it’s cause they’re stuck in customs. Also tracking from US to Canada doesn’t always work right. I’ve had packages (possibly even ones sent priority) that appear to be sitting in one spot forever and then just when my patience has run out and I decide I’m going to contact the seller the package shows up. First Class parcels are worse for inaccurate tracking than priority. So the parcels may not be lost just taking their sweet time(let’s hope that’s the case).

Bodine
                    Participant

Oh my friends,you don’t know the long deep sigh I had when I read these.
                      Thank you so very much.I kept an eye on it but it says sorted facility Gulfport on Aug.7 and the info stops there.Gulfport is about 25 miles away so first thing in the morning,that’s where I am headed.I got stonewalled at my po here.All she did was go to the track on-line like I did before I even went there.No help,no concern.I have had only one incident in shipping to Canada and it returned to me but this has me so frustrated and worried.
                      Greyfire,thank you.That is excellent advice.Please pm me that info when you have time.
                      I did try the Canadapost and it says it has no info on them.One was a yellow envelope with the photo inside and it has not arrived either.This makes no sense.I sent them all,same time,same place and all have vanished.I will most certainly do everything y’all suggested.I know they were sent and I want the recipients to get their things.I understand things happen but this is a new headache to me.I am losing sleep now.Your good advice will help and I will keep you posted.Goodness knows this will not be the last time one of us has to deal with this.I am so sorry this has happened and I will do whatever I can to make it right with you guys.Thanks for the help and the friendship. :bigsmile:

Ann

That is frustrating! I hope it’s just a normal delay. I would suggest not threatening to go to the news. First of all, I doubt the news will care that you are missing a couple pieces of mail, and second, whenever someone starts to make threats like that, I figure they tend to over-react and I tend to take everything they say with a grain of salt. Good luck!

Scathach
                        Participant

Any luck tracking down your packages?

Life is beautiful.

siberakh1
                          Participant

It is also a possibility that the item was never scanned through part of it’s journey, so could possibly be elsewhere MIA. I sent a commission package of several completed pyos to someone in Canada. Fretted for 1-2 weeks as no one could tell me where it was. It was never scanned, not even when I dropped it off. The only things that ever showed up on tracking were the initial printing label created by me online on USPS, and eventually, the scan that the item arrived at it’s destination about 2 weeks later (a MAJOR relief!). It was busy and during the holiday season, but geez, you’d think they could at least scan it once? The post office was nice at least in trying to track it down, but by the time they were looking, it was probably already in CA and going through customs there.

Good luck! Don’t give up and don’t let up in bugging them.

Bodine
                            Participant

Hi all,thanks for the encouragement.No new news but I did speak to the po master general here yesterday,again,and she promised me this time she will find them for me.I will give her a couple of days and go back in Friday.I won’t give up.Thanks :bigsmile:

Starbreeze
                              Participant

I’m so sorry they haven’t turned up yet. Please keep us updated.

Scathach
                                Participant

Any word, yet?

Life is beautiful.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.