fbpx

Name the kitty poll

Home Forums Miscellany Community Name the kitty poll

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    BDW
    Participant

Hi Guys…my son and I are having some difficulties deciding on a name for the new kitty.
      We’ve looked at several names. But Michel has some problems pronouncing some of them.
      ๐Ÿ™‚ The kitty is male and very playful, funny, can be gentle at times but does like to bite ( ๐Ÿ™ got to teach him to stop that). He’s cuddly, and wants to be on your lap all the time. His eyes at the moment are between gold and green.
      Reminds me of Raven’s eyes at the same age. Raven’s eyes turned green as he aged.

Chauncey/Chancey = Chancellor/chance or look at this link for more meanings: http://www.babynamespedia.com/meaning/Chancey

Jamal = Beauty

Griffyth = Griffin Lord/ strong chief

Riyaaz = garden of purity

Sagar = king/Wise one

Shayten = Falcon

Smittyn

Chauncey

Aiden = fire/ fiery (I might want to reserve that for a firery pet.

The following are the last 3 that are easier for Michel to pronounce:

Rebel

Hazel: http://www.nameplayground.com/Hazel
      was popular for a boy in 1886 and then in 1940
      Hazel means strong,happy,crazy and funny

Merlin Michel has a little bit of difficulty here

Please feel free to comment or suggest.

BDW
      Participant

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

I like Hazel ๐Ÿ™‚

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Amanda
          Participant

He looks like a Merlin to me, I just can’t get my mind to think of Hazel for a boy ๐Ÿ˜› I’m huge on nicknames too, my cats are Sneezer and Callie, and are frequently called Buggy and Beanie. I’d probably call a Merlin “Merl” or “Fluffbutt” lol

Fantastic picture of the new kitty and Michel!

Laurie
            Participant

I like Merlin too. How about Max? Would Michel like that and would it be easier? ๐Ÿ˜‰

WolfenMachine
              Participant

Jamal -this sounds like a name for a big black guy. No offense meant, but thats just my opinion.

Griffyth = Griffin Lord/ strong chief
                Shayten = Falcon
                Aiden = fire/ fiery (I might want to reserve that for a firery pet.

I like these three. I’m guessing the kitty is a boy? How about…
                Denver
                Radley
                Napoleon (I think its a cute name!)
                Noah
                Dakkar
                Damian
                Thor (the thunder god!)
                Adelo

Check out babynames.com You can search by letter, or by origin or by sex ๐Ÿ™‚

Purplecat
                Participant

I also like the name Hazel. ๐Ÿ˜€

Elena
                  Participant

I would lean towards Merlin especially since you decribed his personality and it does sound like Merlin the Wizard. But if your son has trouble with it, you might want to choose something else. I like Hazel as well
                    I had an Uncle named Merlin but everyone called him Moe, maybe theres a solution? ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous

I was vote #2 for Hazel – Witch Hazel, Green Eyes – Hazel Tree or Shrub – monoecious!!

Well, it’s just perfect plus Michel can pronounce it ๐Ÿ™‚ Hands down for Hazel!

::chanting:::

Hazel, Hazel, Hazel, Hazel ……. well, you think I like the name?! lol

Skeeterdeee
                      Participant

I voted for Hazel too. Hazel just sounds like a cute name for a kitty, and it’s easier for him to pronounce ๐Ÿ™‚

BDW
                        Participant

Yes he’s a male.
                          ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Wow! I’m must say I didn’t expect anyone to pic Hazel.
                          Most of the people I asked said Hazel was totaly wrong for a boy. But I like it and some humans were named Hazel somewhere in history.

Skeeterdeee
                          Participant

Blackdesertwind wrote:

Yes he’s a male.
                            ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Wow! I’m must say I didn’t expect anyone to pic Hazel.
                            Most of the people I asked said Hazel was totaly wrong for a boy. But I like it and some humans were named Hazel somewhere in history.

It sounds a little girly, but that’s what’s great about cats-they don’t care! I had a grey cat named Ginger and a black cat named Pumpkin, just coz I liked the names, they didn’t care as long as I petted and fed them ๐Ÿ˜€ If you guys like the name, use it.

I’ve known some guys named Hazel…. they used their nickname, Haze.

But I like that name. ๐Ÿ™‚

Purplecat
                            Participant

Hazel is a good name…if I recall, it’s the name of a male rabbit in the book Watership Down. And yeah…cat names dont always have to be serious, we have an ENORMOUS white and orange tabby named Macaroni. The spots on his butt when he was born, were the shape and size of macaroni noodles. His full name is Macaroni Cheezeball Fluffybuns.

WolfenMachine
                              Participant

purplecat wrote:

Hazel is a good name…if I recall, it’s the name of a male rabbit in the book Watership Down. And yeah…cat names dont always have to be serious, we have an ENORMOUS white and orange tabby named Macaroni. The spots on his butt when he was born, were the shape and size of macaroni noodles. His full name is Macaroni Cheezeball Fluffybuns.

LOL XD Super cute! My best friend’s roomate has this fiesty inbred looking cat she named Colby because he’s orange and white like Colby Jack cheese ^_^

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.