fbpx

My 1st Muse… be gentle :o Update better pix

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone My 1st Muse… be gentle :o Update better pix

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

It’s so pretty!! in it’s own odd sculpture way. I like it a lot, great job! I hope this gives you more confidence to show us your other PYOs ๐Ÿ˜€

She’s adorable! I love the hair and beads. The details are really nifty. I can’t do tight little things like that because I don’t have the patience.

I also caught on to the strawberries and blueberries. I think you did a good job. See, I don’t know what you were worried about. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Brian
    Participant

He is cool. I like it. ๐Ÿ™‚

wolflodge100
      Participant

Your muse is so sweet! She can come over and exchange secret muse “musings” with mine any time! ๐Ÿ˜€

Katherine
        Participant

I like it a lot! It’s nice that they had a muse with yours and your mom’s favorite color for eyes!

You guys are very sweet in your comments but trust me, my head is not swelling. My confidence was better when I was younger. But I like the muse’s so much because I dont think you can go very wrong, I might do quite a few more of them and see if I can get just a couple dollars for them on eBay.

Havent dont other PYOs (well, the blk unicorn but while special to me, isnt special in coloring or anything, so isnt much to see… and I dont like the muzzle blending). I’ll have to see how I feel about future ones I do. If I feel comfortable enough, I’ll stick my neck out and post it. The one on deck to paint is the griffin. I want to do it in colors I like (always have liked throughout life), but Im fearing they are too close to the retired Blk Griffin style. I’ll have a pic of that with me during painting so as to avoid coming too close to repeating Windstones. Im not looking to do that… but I love black and I love purple and I really enjoy interference and irridescents.

Anyho0… last thing Im trying to do with Miss Muse here is utilize that cool hole in her beak. Trying to figure out something special that can fit in there and mean something to my mom as well. I have a very, very thin gold chain that has my grams’ (mom’s late mom) single round pearl hanging from it. I might be able to thread it in there and have the pearl dangle. I dont wear the necklace because the chain is too fragile and, Im wearing something my mom gave me and more than one chain gets tangled together and in my hair.

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate it! And thanks Ski for linking that thread for me and for others!

She’s very sweet! Has your mom seen her yet? She’s going to be thrilled!

boskydragon wrote:

She’s very sweet! Has your mom seen her yet? She’s going to be thrilled!

Not in full glossy form with her jewels and what Im trying to do by dangling her mom’s mother of pearl in the beak. She’s seen the PYO on this site, naked and thought it was adorable to the nth degree. She’s like me and agrees that it kind of reminds her of an owl- and we love owls. She has seen some of the paint job but only from the LCD screen of a digital camera which didnt show enough detail. She was already touched enough by the thought of my doing one for her and I sort of spoiled the surprise by showing her I was doing one for her, because she is mourning the death of our Siamese (19 yrs old- can you believe!) I felt helpless and wanted to do anything at all to lift her spirits so I blew the surprise and showed her the pix in the LCD camera.

And, thanks to a very patient, loving and understanding member here on the forums (you know who you are you dragon you!), Im able to be giving her a Lg Bird Wing Siamese Flap Cat (which looks a lot like the one that just died since he was a chocolate point) for her birthday, with the Muse, on August 26th. Luckily, Im the only brat (meaning, only child), so she will love anything I give her… so I get a leg up there! Yay! But at this point, Id spin on my head in a pool of honey just to give her a smile.

Pegasi1978
          Participant

PhoenixTears wrote:

for her birthday, with the Muse, on August 26th

My Mom’s birthday is August 26 as well!

pegasi1978 wrote:

PhoenixTears wrote:

for her birthday, with the Muse, on August 26th

My Mom’s birthday is August 26 as well!
            Thats wild!!!

Well I hope she likes the muse…but surprises are so much more fun. ๐Ÿ˜‰ How are you going to attach the pearl?

dragonessjade wrote:

Well I hope she likes the muse…but surprises are so much more fun. ๐Ÿ˜‰ How are you going to attach the pearl?

Well baby, YOU make the surprise end of it very possible and Im forever grateful to you for that!

Im not sure how Im going to attach the pearl. I might just leave it as the necklace and let mom have it in whole once Im gone. After all, it was her mom’s. It wont fit my mom’s neck but I know she has kept her mom’s jewelry in a special box. If I do attach it, I’ll use the very fine chain and thread that through the hole in the Muse’s beak, and let the pearl dangle from it.

Im about to update the photos in my first post with better photos of the Muse. Those will be in focus and have the gloss sealant on it. Last thing I need to do is add some of the gemstone jewels in the holes that are on her body- if I can.

Mom’s are very forgiving when they get personalized gifts (or gifts in general) from their kids so Im not worried that she might not like it. I know she’ll love it even if Im hard on myself about the paint job in certain areas. She probably wouldnt even notice… unconditional love goggles for her kid, yanno!

I think your muse is amazing! She’s completely adorable. Very nice job.

My sister’s birthday is August 27th.

PhoenixTears wrote:

dragonessjade wrote:

Well baby, YOU make the surprise end of it very possible and Im forever grateful to you for that!

Im not sure how Im going to attach the pearl. I might just leave it as the necklace and let mom have it in whole once Im gone. After all, it was her mom’s. It wont fit my mom’s neck but I know she has kept her mom’s jewelry in a special box. If I do attach it, I’ll use the very fine chain and thread that through the hole in the Muse’s beak, and let the pearl dangle from it.

Im about to update the photos in my first post with better photos of the Muse. Those will be in focus and have the gloss sealant on it. Last thing I need to do is add some of the gemstone jewels in the holes that are on her body- if I can.

Mom’s are very forgiving when they get personalized gifts (or gifts in general) from their kids so Im not worried that she might not like it. I know she’ll love it even if Im hard on myself about the paint job in certain areas. She probably wouldnt even notice… unconditional love goggles for her kid, yanno!
            Hehe…anything I can do for a forum member I will. ๐Ÿ˜€

Well maybe if you had some thread/string that was the same color then you could tie the pearl to it. I still have to figure out how to attach the things that I got for my muses.
            And I know how the making gifts for mom thing goes. They are very forgiving.. you should see some things I gave to my mom. haha

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.