fbpx

MGutz latest painting: "Stormfire"

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion MGutz latest painting: "Stormfire"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    machineguts
    Participant

Here is my latest painting. A violet tornado rages against fiery hues of red, orange and yellow! “Stormfire”, original acrylic painting on approx. 30″ X 15″ stretched gallery canvas. Currently for sale at http://www.machineguts.com. I have also listed this painting on Etsy at http://www.etsy.com/listing/48708256/stormfire.

machineguts
      Participant

Jasmine
        Participant

Very cool, will head over there when I’m done here. πŸ˜€

fabulous, as always! by the way… i was wondering, how do you do your prints? do you source it out or do you print your own?

Very nice! I might have to get my hands on a print from you. Like that Arabian mare…. hmm….. πŸ˜€

Anonymous

Wow — CONGRATULATIONS!
            I really like your Heppni, and the story of it – and unfortunate miracles (lol) but I would never remove one from the ocean! EVER!!

So I am wondering if you hand sign and date your prints – maybe I missed it while browsing your site. The site is fluid, easy to maneuver (and no I didn’t explore every tab) – I LIKE IT! And again, congratulations to you not only for being an artist but for launching your website, how EXCITING that must be for you!!

A bit huge WTG and ^5!

OMG!!! Too cool! Love the storm photos! One of these days…I am seriously gonna have to add one of those to my walls. 8)

machineguts
            Participant

Thank you so much everyone, I really appreciate it! πŸ™‚

@Thanks so much Jessie! Yes I source them out now. I have an inventory of high quality giclΓ©e prints left from the bright animals series, but everything else is now done elsewhere.

@Dragon87 Thank you very much, I’m glad you enjoyed Arabian Mare! πŸ™‚

@Poems Good point! Yes I do hand sign and date my prints, but I forgot to mention this on the item listings. Thanks for catching that! πŸ™‚ Yes it’s so awesome to finally get my official site up and running. It’s been a long time in the making, but sooo worth it in the end! I’m very excited about it!

@WindstoneCollector Thanks so much, I’m glad you like them! I go storm chasing every chance I can get to take photos. Storm season is one of my most favorite times of the year! πŸ˜€ (It can be like Christmas to us weather geeks LOL!)

lamortefille
              Participant

I already have my eye on one of those storm prints. They are awesome. πŸ˜€

Not to stick my nose in, but I think you should watermark everything, if possible. We all know how people like to “borrow” pix.

lamortefille wrote:

Not to stick my nose in, but I think you should watermark everything, if possible. We all know how people like to “borrow” pix.

ditto.

machineguts
                Participant

Yes, you are right. I used to watermark, then I had an incident where a girl (who happened to be a good friend of mine at the time, go figure) saved one of the pics and painted an identical copy of it, calling it her work. She took it down after I spoke with her firmly about the possible legal action I would take against her, and needless to say, we are not friends anymore.

After that I was so burned I didn’t even bother marking them anymore. However I need to start doing that again, just so people that do save the images know where they are from and who made them. Unfortunately I know from experience that won’t stop people from copying, and so far the only way I’ve been able to catch them is if I stumble upon it or someone notifies me.

Nina
                  Participant

very nice looking site & easy to navigate well done πŸ™‚

I LOVE!!! πŸ˜€ Your storm prints and brightly colored paintings are awesome. squeek*

PurpleTurtle
                    Participant

Too cool MG! I’m going to need to buy some prints from you at some point. Love your style so much! Congrats, lady!!

machineguts
                      Participant

Thanks so much, guys! I really appreciate it! πŸ™‚ *Hugs tight*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.