fbpx

Marketing to movies

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Marketing to movies

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

Hiya Ms.Melody,Jeff and I were talking about ways to expand Windstones to the public eye.We know there are some of them in the “Buffy” series and wondered if you considered marketing to movie folks for set props?They are noticeable and of course very worthy of the movies or any set for that matter.It would be cool to see some of our own sculptures{sorta} on the big screen.The mega exposure sure wouldn’t hurt either.Just thinking 🙂

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Skeeterdeee
      Participant

OH! This just reminded me! My hubby and I like to watch cheesy, low-budget scary movies. One night I saw a Bad Cat candlelamp in one of said movies!! They showed a close-up of its face in a scene!! It was called “The Haunted Boat” or something like that.
        There was another show on either A&E or Discovery about Extreme Collectors, and I saw one of the old cat gargoyles in someone’s cat statue collection!!
        Spotting a Windstone on TV is so exciting!!

dragonmedley
        Participant

If anyone ever played the game called Snark Busters, one of the things needed to unlock the next level is a dragon. And guess what, it has an uncanny resemblance to the gold SK! Red eyes and everything.

I have it on my iPad, so I’ll try to get a screen shot and post it.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Melody
          Keymaster

Hiya Ms.Melody,Jeff and I were talking about ways to expand Windstones to the public eye.We know there are some of them in the “Buffy” series and wondered if you considered marketing to movie folks for set props?They are noticeable and of course very worthy of the movies or any set for that matter.It would be cool to see some of our own sculptures{sorta} on the big screen.The mega exposure sure wouldn’t hurt either.Just thinking 🙂

No, but they seem to show up anyway ,from time to time. I always hope that they don’t play the part of cheap Taiwanese unicorns again.

Melody
            Keymaster

If anyone ever played the game called Snark Busters, one of the things needed to unlock the next level is a dragon. And guess what, it has an uncanny resemblance to the gold SK! Red eyes and everything.

I’d like to see it.

Bodine
              Participant

No, but they seem to show up anyway ,from time to time. I always hope that they don’t play the part of cheap Taiwanese unicorns again.

Taimanese unicorns???may I ask?

Skeeterdeee
                Participant

Wasn’t that Buffy?

dragonmedley
                  Participant

I’d like to see it.

I restarted the game and managed to take 2 screen shots. Even in the empty lock, it looks like an SK…

And here’s the key. I wasn’t quick enough to get a screen shot of the dragon inside the lock, sorry!

Purplecat
                    Participant

Where the game isn’t giving the artist credit…I’m pretty sure that’s in the “not ok” category. Is it a free or paid game?

Serendipity
                      Participant

If I remember correctly, it’s a paid app. I remember noticing the resemblance when I played through it as well.

dragonmedley
                        Participant

If I remember correctly, it’s a paid app. I remember noticing the resemblance when I played through it as well.

Yup, it’s a paid app. Also available as a PC/Mac game. I never read the credits, so who knows, Melody might be credited…

Melody
                          Keymaster

That was a Buffy episode that had a bunch of Windstone ( and other company’s) unicorns in it. It looks like someone from the prop department just went to gift stores and bought every unicorn they could find. The male unicorn played the part of a $3.95 Taiwanese unicorn. Not bad for his first acting job.
                            Has anyone got a link to that episode? Or some images? I don’t know how to find it.

Melody
                            Keymaster

I’d like to see it.

I restarted the game and managed to take 2 screen shots. Even in the empty lock, it looks like an SK…

And here’s the key. I wasn’t quick enough to get a screen shot of the dragon inside the lock, sorry!

Oy vey

Bodine
                              Participant

Wow,sure does look like it.

drag0nfeathers
                                Participant

WOW! That’s not a coincidence, that is exactly a secret keeper!

Got a busted Windstone?
                                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.