fbpx

LE Male Dragon?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone LE Male Dragon?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Andrea
    Participant

Andrea
      Participant

Is there anything special about this male: http://cgi.ebay.com/Windstone-Editions-Dragon-Statuette-LIMITED-EDITION_W0QQitemZ250561561301QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a56a202d5

I’m wondering if there were any special Emeral pieces or the seller might have the wrong idea of LE?

Azurielle
        Participant

Probably thinks it is because of the little tag around it’s neck that says “Dragon Lore Limited edition”. Looks like a regular Emerald to me, and the tag probably has nothing to do with the dragon.

Keeper of the Fledgings

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

Yea, if it was a Limited Edition anything, it wouldn’t say Dragon Lore, it would say something with Windstone verbage. I just think the seller is either misinformed or they’re trying to pull a fast one.

It “might” have chips… isn’t too much of a seling point so I’m guessing they’re trying to up the value, but they didn’t even TRY to get the red rope around the neck so who knows. Probably just don’t know what they’re selling.

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

PhoenixTears
            Participant

I was wondering the same thing since that auction started! I thought I knew Windstones didn’t come with those kinds of tags. Technically, isn’t this seller then misrepresenting the item? Wonder what seller would say if asked “what makes this dragon a limited edition? It doesn’t come with any of the documentation that Windstone gives such pieces.” Can you tell I don’t like those that misrepresent and sell something to a trusting buyer who thinks they are getting something more special and in turn, paid for just the words of auction rather than the actual uniqueness of the piece? Would like to see them called on the carpet.

“Fate whispers to the wolf, you cannot withstand the storm; and the wolf whispers back, I AM the storm.”

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

*gag*

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Adaneth
                Participant

Calm down, folks 😉 Considering everything else they sell is computer parts, they’re probably completely ignorant of Windstone (said it was made of ‘metal’ for one) and they might even have gotten it from someone that way. Tag probably belongs on another dragon.

Can hardly complain about their starting price! 🙂

PurpleTurtle
                  Participant

Adaneth wrote:

Calm down, folks 😉 Considering everything else they sell is computer parts, they’re probably completely ignorant of Windstone (said it was made of ‘metal’ for one) and they might even have gotten it from someone that way. Tag probably belongs on another dragon.

Can hardly complain about their starting price! 🙂
                    Indeed 😉 !

megamibabe16
                    Participant

Very nice price indeed. Someone should probably tell the seller the truth about the dragon. It would only serve to benefit them.

PhoenixTears
                      Participant

I know someone in my family contacted the seller (she found the tag attached familiar as if she saw it on another dragon line in a store but wanted to let seller know it didn’t belong to Windstone), and this was the response from seller which was nice:

i bought this item from an auction and it was exactly like that . and i copied the description to the ebay > i have no idea about any windstone pieces . about the material i don’t know but it looks like metal > sorry about that.

So yep, seller doesn’t know about Windstones. Personally, when I feel and look at Windstones, I don’t get the metal vibe though. I know lots confuse it for resin which to me is much lighter than gypsum, but metal? Mmm, don’t know. I still think the seller should alter the description (can you do that on ebay? I’m not an ebay person) and adjust it to let potential buyers know it is not a true LE.

In any case, perhaps someone here will get a nice Emerald for a nice price!

“Fate whispers to the wolf, you cannot withstand the storm; and the wolf whispers back, I AM the storm.”

Pegasi1978
                        Participant

Yes you can edit auction descriptions on ebay, even after someone makes a bid…unless it is in the last 24 hours of the auction (i think that’s the time frame) and then you can not edit at all.

Kujacker
                          Participant

Sway wrote:

I know someone in my family contacted the seller (she found the tag attached familiar as if she saw it on another dragon line in a store but wanted to let seller know it didn’t belong to Windstone), and this was the response from seller which was nice:

i bought this item from an auction and it was exactly like that . and i copied the description to the ebay > i have no idea about any windstone pieces . about the material i don’t know but it looks like metal > sorry about that.

So yep, seller doesn’t know about Windstones. Personally, when I feel and look at Windstones, I don’t get the metal vibe though. I know lots confuse it for resin which to me is much lighter than gypsum, but metal? Mmm, don’t know. I still think the seller should alter the description (can you do that on ebay? I’m not an ebay person) and adjust it to let potential buyers know it is not a true LE.

In any case, perhaps someone here will get a nice Emerald for a nice price!

I think if they were now informed of what the item actually is, they really need to change the description. But they probably don’t really care.

Nicole
                            Participant

I don’t think they can change it now that there is a bid

Kujacker
                              Participant

NicoleH wrote:

I don’t think they can change it now that there is a bid

Yes, I’m pretty sure you can. Like Pegasi said, it’s only within a certain amount of time before it ends.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.