fbpx

Koshii art

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Koshii art

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 269 total)
  • Author

KoishiiKitty wrote:

That there is a question. Almost anything and Everything.

I am a big scifi fan, so almost anything alien grabs my attention immediately.
    reading stories like Dune, Hunt for the Icarus,Only Forward, The right to Arm Bears.
    Scifi Artists such as Wayne Barlow,HR Giger and Bob Eggleton.
    Barlow’s creature the Daggerwrist was a lot of influence.
    Anime: Technoman,Guyver,Evengelion,pokemon, but Digimon wins out with the most impact. I collect the cards and the cards have a very grungy art.Hayao Miyazaki’s works.
    The Final Fantasy series, mostly 7 and 10. 7 had a lot of grungy cities and wasteland like sceneries.
    Other games too Like Jack and Daxter, Kingdom Hearts.

And there is a long list of dead Artists. Dali the most with his extended limps,stilts, and deserted sceneries. Also Edvard Munch with his art full of dreary colors.

and then there are all the DA Artists..too manny to name. Jen used to be one but I ran into a nasty issue of being accused of style theft(along with 7 others and most with completely different styles) Long story. I’ve been leary of naming any sort of inspirations ever since.

and then there is all the natural things that have heavy inspiration. anything I can use for alien design. Dino’s, the sad birth defects of kittens, I have a small library of animal encyclpedias covering all sorts of species that I use regularely. My favorate to use are the deep sea creatures. I have a book by Fabien Cousteau that has photos on most of the deap sea ocean species.

Some times it is as simple as looking outside and seing something that would made just the most interesting creature.

Inspiration comes from every where and more then one place for me.It would be insane to try to name them all, but that should be the ones that affect me the most.

(No offense taken btw)
    Salvador Dali? I love his work. I have a couple of prints by him.

Starbreeze
    Participant

If you ever make it to the Tampa area, we have a Dali museum. ๐Ÿ˜€

starbreeze wrote:

If you ever make it to the Tampa area, we have a Dali museum. ๐Ÿ˜€

That would be sweet to see. Can you PM me the name and if you have their website?

KoishiiKitty
      Participant

yeah, Dali is just amazing..and so many hidden meanings in his pictures. everything is placed for a reason. I always love how things change with in one piece of art. Such as how he used themes of life and death.. or his more abstract elephants.

KoishiiKitty wrote:

yeah, Dali is just amazing..and so many hidden meanings in his pictures. everything is placed for a reason. I always love how things change with in one piece of art. Such as how he used themes of life and death.. or his more abstract elephants.

I didn’t know there were hidden meanings behind them. How do you find that out?

KoishiiKitty
        Participant

*snort rofl* I have two books on his art and life. A lot the things in his art were symbolic and you would be surprised that the reason his art was looks down one when he first started out was because of the subject matter that his art was about.

KoishiiKitty wrote:

*snort rofl* I have two books on his art and life. A lot the things in his art were symbolic and you would be surprised that the reason his art was looks down one when he first started out was because of the subject matter that his art was about.

Wow, that is fasinating. I will have to see if the library has books about him.

KoishiiKitty
          Participant

it is worth it. he is a fascinating artist and after learning, it makes looking at his art so much more interesting.

KoishiiKitty wrote:

it is worth it. he is a fascinating artist and after learning, it makes looking at his art so much more interesting.

Yeah, I bet it does. ๐Ÿ˜€

Skigod377
            Participant

KoishiiKitty wrote:

O_o I don’t even now how to go about doing it.

(I’m a noooob)

My son, who is 7, has just seen this pic… loves it… and wants it on a folder. I say “make it so!” ๐Ÿ˜† Well, if you do figure it out, you have your first customer. ๐Ÿ˜‰

That’s an amazing and fascinating beastie that’s wonderfully rendered in your style. I always love your work (puts mine to shame, it does!)

I agree, it would look amazing on folios and lined notepads for school. Much more unique than what’s out there.

You can look up a local print service provider or one online, if you wish to order and sell the items yourself. After a quick search, it seems most major print shops can provide the right card stock, fold/trim options, etc. I took a look at VistaPrint.com for you… decent price-per-item costs, but I am not certain about their quality from personal experience or anything. Printpelican.com had a nice set of options as to how it will be folded, cut etc, and a good per-unit cost (including shipping) when ordering upwards of 1000 units… obviously you’ll need to order a decent number to make the resale price reasonable and so you’ll still make profit. You might even be able to order a sample from some of them for cheap to get an idea of what they’ll be like and to use as a sales sample.

Do try other online services that will print single items cheaply, and ship to you if none of your local print shops can supply the right services. I did a search for “custom print services” and “print services folders notepads” to come up with example service providers to get a start.

KoishiiKitty
              Participant

ooo. hmmm. I think now I am going to have to go and do a little research.For some reason I had it in my little head that you just waited for some one to run accross your art, I had though of seeing if I could submit it.

Yeah I’d originally mentioned that too before I edited my post with all that info. It is possible to submit your art I imagine, but I think for the bigger companies (Mead/Five-Star etc) they have in-house designers whom they can pay cheaply to come up with designs, or pay for stock-art (possibly royalty-free) made available by famous artists. I’m not exactly certain how they go about it to be honest. It might be worth emailing someone at the various companies to find out if they welcome submissions (take a run-through at a stationery shop and collect their names and addresses where available on the backs of their printed products).

But yes, there is always the independent route (which is what most of my author-clients do when printing books, etc), when you can’t get picked up by a big name.

*LOL* Well, this explains why one person might have been complaining about VistaPrint before: VistaPrint Scam?

So do be careful when considering service providers…

KoishiiKitty
                Participant

I see, yeah.

Here is the next one I will be starting on. It is a Shadowrait, an alien species that belongs of Beast of Oblivion on DA. It will be for her contest, I just need to color it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 269 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.