fbpx

Just Letting Everyone Know

Home Forums Miscellany Community Just Letting Everyone Know

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

Thanks again everyone ^_^

So I talked to the radiologist and apparently my heart is enlarged as well and they estimate that by what they see that this has probably been going on for a long time. I need to see a um… what did they call it… begins with a “p” but it’s basically a lung doctor and and also a heart doctor after that probably. Something like th eblood vessels in my lungs aren’t supplying my heart with the oxygen it needs, so my heart is in overdrive all the time.

Anyway, I got some ER bills in the meantime, so I just put a thread up in the Classifieds area with some ebay pieces, one is the Sun Stripe Hatching Emperor I just bought from a fellow forum member. He’s beautiful and in perfect condition, but I just put him right back in the box so I don’t get attached! LOL! I also have a really lovely male Kirin by Olimpia up too.

I also just made the “phonecall” to my mother and step father requesting that there be no smoking while I am there for Thanksgiving. It went over better then expected, but yea… my whole family are a bunch of chain smokers and which is probably 90% of the reason I am in the situation I am in in the first place. I’ve always had someone chain smoking next to me until I finally got my own place like 4 years ago. Even when I was living with my sister when I was younger, she smokes about 2 packs a day, plus her boyfriend is right behind her… I dunno, we’ll see how that goes when the time actually comes though. I already see people sparking up and just “forgetting”

My neice is now a little over 4 months old and when her mother was pregnant we asked the fam to please not smoke while she was pregnant… yea, that lasted about 2 hours and ended with her leaving right after dinner, crying in a fit because everyone just started smoking anyway cause it was too cold to stand outside. Yea… I don’t want to criticize my family, but we have the good half and the bad half and when it comes to holidays you kind of can’t descriminate who you will and won’t invite. If that’s the case this year, I’ll be spending the holidays alone this year.

I can’t thank you all enough to be here and how much all your posts mean to me. Not many people seem to be taking this very seriously.

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Misty
      Participant

I have been gone all last week so I just now read this. Holy cow. I can’t really add much more than what others have said so I will just say…

I really hope you get to doing better hun. Many HUGS!

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

Awe thanks opal ^_^ Now that I know what’s going on and I am taking the right steps I’m sure I’ll be okay. It was just sort of scary and depressing at first I guess, but nothing is going to change it now. I just need to learn how to manage it my health better for the future. At least I am hoping it’s all that easy!

Got a busted Windstone?
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Tattoo Mother Kirin

You were one of the first Windstone painters I met and I will surely be praying for you daily. Many hugs and please do keep us updated. <3

www.nakaseart.com

dragonmedley
          Participant

Now that I know what’s going on and I am taking the right steps I’m sure I’ll be okay. It was just sort of scary and depressing at first I guess, but nothing is going to change it now. I just need to learn how to manage it my health better for the future. At least I am hoping it’s all that easy!

Taking care of yourself can only help… I hope lifestyle changes will help the most – they’re the cheapest, yet can be really tough.

Maybe you’re scheduled to see a pneumologist?

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Scathach
            Participant

I’m really glad that you are getting somewhere with the MDs. You know I’m thinking of you often and keeping a good thought (or many) that all’s well. Do what you need to do to stay healthy. If that means spedning thanksgiving in a smaller non-smoking group, then so be it.

Take good care and PM or email anytime. You know where to find me 😉

Life is beautiful.

pegasus4240
              Participant

I, too, hope that you continue to figure out what’s going on, so you can get better. 🙂

-- Angie

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

Ah yea, I think that’s it, a pneumologist! LOL!

Thank you again everyone <3 I wish I could give you all big teary hugs right now!

Got a busted Windstone?
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin

Heather
                  Participant

I’m sorry to hear that your family hasn’t been supportive of non-smoking requests in the past. I would say that if they can’t refrain from smoking while you are there, then they do not deserve to have your company that day. Which sounds horrible, I know, but for crying out loud, you have clear-cut medical reasons to need to protect yourself. Smoke will NOT help you and could even trigger an attack. Therefore, smoke needs to not be present. Is there any way you can set up a “backup plan”, someone you can spend the holiday with instead of your family, if they prove unwilling to behave themselves? Having a Plan B, even if you don’t need to use it after all, would be a way of reducing the stress. Nobody wants to spend a holiday alone…but at the same time, nobody wants to spend a holiday in the emergency room either. Protect yourself. First and foremost, protect yourself.

Kiya
                    Participant

Another idea is to host Thanksgiving yourself if you’re worried about it. Maybe not for your family, but you could have friends come. We tend to collect “strays” for Thanksgiving – friends who aren’t living near their families so they have somewhere to go. It’s been MUCH less stressful than when we were trying to do big family dinners. Plus I can control the guest list and menu – so only people and food I like are there. 😀

Whatever you do – please make sure you take care of yourself! It sounds like this could be serious *worries* so on top of no smoke, you really need no stress!!!

*hugs* take care of yourself!

Setsunawolf
                      Participant

Hugs. Keep us updated. The enlarged heart could have been caused by several things. In my uncle’s case, he contracted a virus. There wasn’t much that could have been done to stop the damage even of we’d caught it in time.

You absolutely need to what’s best for you. If your family can’t behave then shame on them. Bit you are right, the smoke could easily set off an attack. Hugs.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                        Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                        Sun Dragon Koi #3

Take care of yourself! If that means Thanksgiving by yourself, then do it.

Your own health and well-being is much more important than any family gathering.

Keep us updated!

LadyFirebird
                        Participant

Oh my! You certainly are going through a lot of health issues and they’re scary! I hope you feel better soon and glad that you’re improving with the MDs

siberakh1
                          Participant

If you felt like making the drive, you could come visit me! No smoking here (just family, such as it is, and a dog). If it weren’t such a big deal for my mom (MA brother isn’t hosting this year), I’d skip out and drive out there for the day. 😛

Setsunawolf
                            Participant

Sounds like a good invite. I’d offer to leht you come to ours, but that IS a very long drive. 😮

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                              Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                              Sun Dragon Koi #3

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.