fbpx

Just how white is white?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Just how white is white?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    littleironhorse
    Participant

A question for everyone out there who have several white pieces…

How much variation is there in the white dragons? I just got my first white one (the fledgling) and I wouldn’t exactly call him white. He is a very, very, very, (how many verys do I need?) pale yellow with gold accents. I actually think pearl is an excellent name for him!

Don’t get me wrong! I absolutely LOVE the color and the dragon! I was just wondering about variation…

I can’t wait for the sitting spectral to come out in white, I think that’s the color I’m gonna get both spectrals in.

littleironhorse
      Participant

I got most of mine between 1999-2001 and they all seem to be pretty consistently metalic white with the yellow highlights- the big pieces anyways…none of mine really seem to be yellowish white.

The old warrior is the only one I have in white. He seems to be pretty white but I think he does have more gold accents than the older white dragons:

Is your fledgling about the same color or more yellowy?

oooh- mine is way whiter than that (I know the question isn’t directed atme but still..)! A lot less gold detail in the undercoat.

Aha…that would be consistent with what I’ve noticed, that the older white dragons have less gold…

littleironhorse
        Participant

Here is the ebay picture of my fledgling but he is a little yellower live, closer to Mimi’s Old Warrior.

Jodi
          Participant

My white Young Dragon is not as yellow/gold either. Much whiter. She must be an old little baby. 🙂

Jodi
            Participant

littleironhorse wrote:

Here is the ebay picture of my fledgling but he is a little yellower live, closer to Mimi’s Old Warrior.

You can get a hint of that from the photo, but it’s not too clear. I bet he’s cute though!

I once sold the white young dragon from my collection and he was yellowish which I don’t so much care for but I regretted it even before I shipped it. So I got another- and he was much whiter- I was very happy!

Participant

The male and mother dragon I purchased from stores (back in the day) were very white, with very little gold shading. I purchased Enchantment’s white lap and it was so gold I would call it a gold pearl. She said that it was one of the newer pieces made before retirement – so you probably have one the later pieces as well. The only ones I have seen are either really white or really gold, only the pieces that seem to be in-between are the OW, Rising Spectral, etc. that can be purchased from the factory directly.

Skigod377
                Participant

I have a white male who is reeeeally white (A fledge, too), and a white mother who looks more cream. So does my white spectral. My white Emperor looks kinda more gold, too.

frozendragon
                  Participant

My whites are all pretty white….with a lot of the gold accent and stuff….but still very white….and it depends on the light natural light they are whiter….soft white bulbs make them look golder and warm…

flourescent bulbs make them look yellowy and old….

Skigod377
                    Participant

Show off! *Eyes collection enviously* 😛 I really will never get tired of seeing that pic!

frozendragon
                      Participant

LOL…I know huh

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.