fbpx

It's snowing !!

Home Forums Miscellany Community It's snowing !!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Melody
    Keymaster

AHHHHH!!!!

Melody
      Keymaster

Rachel
        Participant

Hrmph. It already snowed here. And last weekend we got freezing rain (that resulted in hundreds of wrecks throughout the metro). And we’re scheduled to get more snow/freezing rain just in time for Thanksgiving. 😛

twindragonsmum
          Participant

We’re getting blizzarded on… It started yesterday in the wee hours of the morning and it shows no sign of stopping 😮

twindragonsmum 😀

tdm

LUCKY BUMS!! 😛

It’s raining over here! 😀 I love it, because I love rain, but I miss the snowfall we used to get when my family lived in KY. 😥

ive seen snow fall…. once? in my life. its got to be pretty neat. especially for the holidays. guess thats what i get for living in arizona and california. haha… enjoy and keep warm! <3

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

GAH! I WISH I only saw snow that often… I’m not looking forward to it. EVERY YEAR we get MORE AND MORE! It makes my cry 😥 I hate snow…

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

siberakh1
              Participant

drag0nfeathers wrote:

GAH! I WISH I only saw snow that often… I’m not looking forward to it. EVERY YEAR we get MORE AND MORE! It makes my cry 😥 I hate snow…

Then send it my way! The last two winters have been too mild! I want a good, hard winter with some hard freezes. Time to kill the bugs which haven’t been getting killed off as well the last 2 years! 👿

Adaneth
                Participant

siberakh1 wrote:

drag0nfeathers wrote:

Then send it my way! The last two winters have been too mild! I want a good, hard winter with some hard freezes. Time to kill the bugs which haven’t been getting killed off as well the last 2 years! 👿

Yes, yes, YES! One can NEVER have too much snow. Never! 😆

siberakh1 wrote:

drag0nfeathers wrote:

Mosquito death!!!!!! Can never have too much cold for that!

I love snow, if you don’t like it, I’ll take it! I miss the “higher-then-I-was-as-a-kid” snow that we used to get… well, except the time that I fell through some badly packed snow. That wasn’t fun (and I blamed my dad – hey I was like 3 at the time!!! 😆 ) We always used to get 3-4ft of snow (with snowdrifts, it was probably about 1-2ft overall, unless I’m exaggerating because that was SO long ago… :scratch: 😆 )

PurpleTurtle
                  Participant

I’m not a big fan of snow myself, but I even have more of an issue with the shorter hours of daylight during winter. I work nights, so my day doesn’t start until after 1pm during my days off. I only see a max of two hours of daylight some days. Ick. I can’t wait for the winter equinox.

Dragon87 wrote:

I love snow, if you don’t like it, I’ll take it! I miss the “higher-then-I-was-as-a-kid” snow that we used to get… well, except the time that I fell through some badly packed snow. That wasn’t fun (and I blamed my dad – hey I was like 3 at the time!!! 😆 ) We always used to get 3-4ft of snow (with snowdrifts, it was probably about 1-2ft overall, unless I’m exaggerating because that was SO long ago… :scratch: 😆 )[/color]

No your not exaggerating I remember those snow drifts too, by halloween even, pfft most of the way through Nov and we have like 3 inches of snow.

ruffian wrote:

No your not exaggerating I remember those snow drifts too, by halloween even, pfft most of the way through Nov and we have like 3 inches of snow.

Haha, that’s nice to know. 😀

Although the 3″ of snow is sad. And just as miserable to drive in.

Elena
                    Participant

Yay! Snow! 😀
                      We’ve gotten about 5 inches in the last week. Maybe it will stick around and we will get a white christmas this year 😀
                      And Yay it looks like we’re climbing (slowly) out of the deep freeze. No more -20 degree (-35 with wind chill) dog walks XD

Lupin
                      Participant

Ruffian & Dragon, even I remember how much more snow we used to get in Alberta!! (Lived her late ’80’s) but if you really want snow that’s been cut down you should have seen the difference in snow 20 years ago & 40 years ago when I & my Mom was a kid in Labrador!! Seriously the sledding hill (& Some used it for skiing too) was down our roof, across our yard & down the street!!
                        By the time I was a kid it never fully covered our windows, & by the time I moved away 10 years ago it was barely ever making it up to the bottoms of them!!
                        Oh & the cold rarely ever put in as hard & strong an appearance. As in Enough “Cold Days” That they were adding days on at the end of the year into Summer, Vs dropping the temperature at which the kids got out of school.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.