fbpx

It's Official…

Home Forums Miscellany Community It's Official…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    LadyFirebird
    Participant

I am now retired–was checking on my bank accounts and saw my first annuity payment deposited. There is a mixture of joy and sadness. I’m happy that I have a steady income that I can rely on and sad that things didn’t work out like I expected. I now stare at a certificate which represents over 2 years of my life of hard work. I think to myself that I will never use it and it will go into the file called ‘What Could Have Been’.

I feel sad also too that a chapter has closed in my life–almost like how a woman’s child bearing years come to an end–you’re glad but it’s final. It isn’t the end of the world but for some strange reason, I feel that my productive days are behind me. I will no longer be a valued employee at any organization. My contributions are no longer needed or wanted.

But there is also a new beginning–the things I wanted to do but didn’t have time for. The income is fixed but at least I have something coming in and I do see myself working part-time somewhere. There are things I want to learn–how to paint for instance. Maybe I’ll write–possibiliies are endless.

I’m happy yet I feel like crying–life’s changes will do that to you.

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

A big congrats LadyFirebird! I can’t wait until the day I can utter those same words ^_^

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

dragonmedley
        Participant

And you can work part-time or volunteer in places where your hard-earned skills will be useful.

It wasn’t a waste of time, and it wasn’t in vain. Anything learned is good, if only for you. So, yes, do take the time to do things you never did, but don’t put aside those skills yet!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Bodine
          Participant

And you can work part-time or volunteer in places where your hard-earned skills will be useful.

It wasn’t a waste of time, and it wasn’t in vain. Anything learned is good, if only for you. So, yes, do take the time to do things you never did, but don’t put aside those skills yet!

I shadow your words Dragonmedley.The world is open to you LFB.The melancholy will pass.Be happy! :bigsmile:

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
            Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

chrisherself
            Participant

I appreciate your honest thoughts on it, thank you for sharing. My mom’s boyfriend is retiring in a couple months and you seem to feel the same way he does. It’s helpful to have it said so eloquently. 🙂 No one is ever unneeded. <3

Skigod377
              Participant

Well congrats on retirement, but a steady income does not mean you have to stop being productive if you don’t want to. Its the beauty of retirement! You can either learn something new just for you… Im looking forward to learning to play the piano… or do some volunteer stuff or get another job. I hope the sadness passes. I don’t know what certificate you had that took two years, but if it was any form of education, that is NEVER a waste 🙂 Hope you feel better!!

LadyFirebird
                Participant

Thanks everyone for all your encouraging comments. I’ve been on a roll for these past two years studying, stressing and doing all I can to become employable again and I just hit a brick wall–wasn’t in my plans, but you know what happens to plans.

Skigod, the certificate I studied for and got was in Medical Assistant and it took me two years because I learned both the adminstrative and clinical skills and went through a local junion college. Couldn’t afford to take out a loan for a private one which would have gotten me out faster but then I would be owing this money and no job eeeek!

I just got bummed out–was on this incredible high and then the bottom dropped out. Some of my other classmates are in the same boat–still looking for jobs. I still have my applications in where I interned and one of them only wants someone there on Mondays to assist with minor surgery–I can do that. I did learn some new skills as well as a new language. I can take your vitals, give you an injection, draw your blood, prep you for minor surgery and all around can make you feel great! Both doctors and patients have complimented me about my bedside manner–said this position is right for me–but still no job.

I do feel much better now that I had time to think things over. I consider myself very fortunate to come of age where I would become eligible for this pension. I now have a steady income and am not as stressed about finances like I was. I’m now going through my house and getting rid of a bunch of stuff I no longer need and getting together with friends I haven’t associated with because of my homework and schedule. I do look forward to learning stuff just for me–I’m currently taking Shinkendo–a martial arts that trains you how to use a Samurai sword. I also want to learn how to paint.

In time I do see myself working part-time–maybe the 40-hour thing just isn’t for me any more–things do happen for a reason. But now I can be on here more and catch up with what’s happening with the forum members and offer encouragement to those who need it.

So thanks again–the old lady will survive!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.