fbpx

it will be interesting to see what this goes for

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone it will be interesting to see what this goes for

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • Author

That’s alright, We will be seeing a couple of the white curls perhaps from them too. They bought 3. πŸ˜•

Maria
    Participant

SPark wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Hm. I figured if it was a forum member they wouldn’t have started it off $20 more expensive that what Windstone sold the fledges for. That flege should have gone to Arlla or somebody on here who really wanted it, instead of somebody who’s just out for the money.

Well… to tell the truth, if I were to sell mine (though I never would!) I’d probably offer it up for more than I spent on it.

I like you guys, you’re great. I consider some of you friends. But for my friends I offer advice, conversation, consolation, support, and occasionally free art. But for my friends I don’t give discounts on my costumes, and I don’t sell my Windstones cheap!

I’m a horrible, evil, mercenary person sometimes. *grin*

Naw, you’re not, you’re practical. And I’m sure that fledge would easily hit $120 even if the seller started at $100. But I still think it would have been better in the hands of someone who appreciates it instead of someone who just wants more money.

lamortefille
      Participant

WindstoneCollector wrote:

That’s alright, We will be seeing a couple of the white curls perhaps from them too. They bought 3. πŸ˜•

I hope this isn’t a new trend. I would hate to see a few people buying them all up at auction and reselling them., esp. since there aren’t enough to go around as it is. I have no problem with people trying to make a profit, but I would not like to see the auctions take that route.

Maria
        Participant

My words exactly, lamorte. It would be very unfair to collectors.

Skigod377
          Participant

That would indeed bite. I can understand buying two and saving it for a while and then reselling for a profit, but not taking a bunch and immidiatly relisting. πŸ˜•

SPark
            Participant

That is one way to look at it! They’re giving those of us who missed these auctions a second chance, after all. At a somewhat higher price, sure, but it is a second chance all the same.

That is true Spark. πŸ™‚

Lokie
              Participant

lamortefille wrote:

I hope this isn’t a new trend. I would hate to see a few people buying them all up at auction and reselling them., esp. since there aren’t enough to go around as it is. I have no problem with people trying to make a profit, but I would not like to see the auctions take that route.

I hope this doesn’t become a trend. Even if everyone just bought 2, one to keep and the other to resell, it would still half the amount of items that collectors can buy at BIN (and half auction times).

Maria
                Participant

In comparison to some no-name buying BIN and selling for more, I much prefer the system we have now, where a couple people buy extras and can distribute them to those who missed. Admittedly not everyone gets one that way, but if enough people beg Melody makes more…

WolfenMachine
                  Participant

Well considering I didn’t catch them, I’d gladly pay the $20 extra. But I now owe my mother money so I’ll have to wait and see if the seller sells her other one later.

Bob

I hate it when poeple buy just to turn around and resell. What is the point? Usually you do not make that much money when you sell it right away

Jodi
                      Participant

It’s not worth it to go through all the hassle and deal with ebay fees and PayPal fees for the possibility of getting $20. Although that’s more than I usually make on ebay stuff.

I’m getting out of the whole ebay store thing myself, once I sell through my stuff. It costs too much for all the work I have to put into it, and I’m not making that much money. It was fun for a while, and it helped pay for school, but now I’m too busy and I just want the stuff gone. Especially if I move.

I have Best Offers accepted on most items. You should see if you want anything. I’m taking any reasonable offer — I just want to get the money invested back.

Oh, and I was just thinking… maybe this person bought two, thinking his/her friend wanted one and it turns out they didn’t. So now s/he needs to sell it to get the money back. It could be something like that too. Not just for profit, but as long as s/he has to sell it…

Yeah, but the funny thing is she bought 2 of the Fledgies in green, and 3 of the Cowpies in white…I guess it doesn’t matter, but sheesh! Now I wish I had bought another just so I could pass it along on the forums to someone here that REALLY wanted one who didn’t get one… πŸ™

But, my luck, I would have bought it, and no one would have wanted it… πŸ˜›

Jodi
                        Participant

Then you could sell it on Ebay and made some money off it… πŸ™‚

Tiffany
                          Participant

well on the auction it said they bought two… for some reason i thought i remember they bought three, hmmmm.ahhhhhhhhhhhh you know what they bought THREE of?! the white curl!!!!!!!! wow! gasp!!! gosh those are so pretty i am kickin myself for not getting one, but i was saving for the russet. i hope i’ll get one of those when they come up! no missing it again for me! oh, anyway the white curl, i saved the auction so i took a look! i wonder when those will surface huh? thats sounds like more than a spare for a friend there! yes that would a be a very scary trend of peeps looking to make moolah buy like 6 at a time or heck why not all of them?! at that point then windstone i think should set up a one or two piece limit, to prevent money grubbers!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.