fbpx

Im Fostering Puppies!!! Pic on PG 4

Home Forums Miscellany Community Im Fostering Puppies!!! Pic on PG 4

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

Dragon87 wrote:

Well… puppies get depressed if they are by themselves, but I understand the sentiment. πŸ˜€ At least the other lady’s are getting adopted, right? So that’s good news, kinda!

Yeah, and im wondering how hers are getting adopted and mine are not getting any publicity at all!!?? πŸ˜†

mamawolf544 wrote:

Good for you taking in the puppies. We do allot of rescues, most not by choice we live in a rural area and they get dumped. Once about 5 years ago the meals on wheels van stopped right in front of our house and threw out 2 Akita puppies!
      But come on guys I have 3 Chihuahuas, Sandi is almost 14 and weighs 7 pounds, Dakota is 12 and he weighs in at 5 and litlle Kay-Dee is also 12 and she weighs in at a whopping 2 1/2 pounds. And they are sweet and my babies. And we also have indoors shasta a 11 year old cocker and Ruby a 9 year old Basset hound and they all get along.
      And outside I have 6 more dogs and about 18 cats. All rescues, over the past 8 years we have probably had 25 or so dogs outside that we have found good homes for.

As a big dog lover, I don’t understand why people love chihuahuas. But I will say that everyone at the shelter loved that little 5 month girl, and got in trouble for spoiling her so much (we were in the wake of a parvo episode, and were supposed to be taking cautions to not spread disease. Carrying the thing around everywhere hardly qualifies). In her defense I will also say she was quiet, unlike that border collie we had… that thing would bark from 8am when we came in to 6pm when we left without pause. We walked him alot to try to calm him down, and he didn’t bark when walking, but we can’t do that for 8 hours every day.

But when that little one came in, the other dogs got ignored completely. And that is what I hate the most about that breed. People see them, and all other dogs are ignored in their presence, as they are a status dog. I think there was only 4 or so of us at the shelter who tried very hard to ignore the little one (she was getting enough attention) and pay attention to the other deserving dogs. Man did we get yelled at for that. πŸ™„ She didn’t need our attention, the other ignored dogs did.

Skigod377
      Participant

Ok, I finally unpacked my camera last night. I turned in the disposable camera pics and will pick them up today. This is the pup I have left. The other two were adopted at the “Meet and Greet” on Saturday. They left from there… I didnt know it was a meet and greet and take home. πŸ˜† Oh well… only one left and I already have someone nearby who wants her and who filled out an app.

Jasmine
        Participant

Oh, sooooo cute!!

Stephanie
          Participant

Awwww! *heart melts* She is so adorable.

At last a picture πŸ˜† She is tooo cute. No wonder they went so fast πŸ˜‰

Green **Grey

dragonmedley
            Participant

Puppies are just so cute…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Megan
              Participant

What a little sweetheart! πŸ˜€

Starbreeze
                Participant

Awww!!! How can you resist someone as cute as that!!! πŸ˜€

Skigod377
                  Participant

A couple more pics:

Starbreeze
                    Participant

I can see why people thought they were Moocah and Rab’s pups. The black and tan coloring does look like them.

Travistie
                      Participant

They are adorable pups!

Oh they are soooo cute! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ Makes me want a puppy, but my fiancee said no. πŸ™ *pout*

Laurie
                        Participant

I’m glad someone wants the little girl. She looks lonely. πŸ™

twindragonsmum
                          Participant

Awwwww! They’re so sweet… I don’t know if I could foster puppies. I’d get too attached and not want to let them go… Good on you, ski! They’re darling πŸ˜€

tdm

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 80 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.