fbpx

Im Fostering Puppies!!! Pic on PG 4

Home Forums Miscellany Community Im Fostering Puppies!!! Pic on PG 4

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

I dont think its mange. From watcing Animal Cops, I know there are two types, but they are not caused by fleas. One is genetic and I dont remember the other one… They have been to the vet to get wormed and I think first shots. Thats what the lady who dropped them off said anyway. I took the camera in to get developed but spent the whole afternoon picking up my car and getting it registered. Hopefully tomorrow I can do it. 🙂 The pups are fun and not much trouble. We are having a blast. People keep asking if they are for sale… they see Rab and Moocah and assume the pups are theirs. 😆

twindragonsmum
      Participant

😆 😆 are foster puppies rescued puppies? how are permanent homes found for them? Sounds like your having a great time!

tdm

Skigod377
        Participant

twindragonsmum wrote:

😆 😆 are foster puppies rescued puppies? how are permanent homes found for them? Sounds like your having a great time!

Yes, tehy are rescue cases, but I dont know their whole story. Static-y phone connection. 🙄 No permanent homes yet. I know they have to be spade first.

Generally in adoption cases, someone visits the shelter or humane society, and they fill out an application for the animal they want to adopt. If there is more then one application for a specific animal, then one is chosen based on said application, or if the application has something really bad on it, like extensive criminal record, no job, or a place that doesn’t accept animals, then the application can be denied at the shelter’s discretion. A lot of shelters either fix the animals beforehand (spade for female, neuter for males) or they give a discount on them getting fixed. Where I worked you get a 50% discount, but if you don’t fix them, they can repossess the animal. At least that’s how it worked where I was, it might be different there.

I remember the time we got a 5 month old chihuahua puppy in, we got 7 applications for her in 2 hours, and none for any of the other amazing dogs. Everyone wants a chihuahua. 🙄

Skigod377
          Participant

Chiuauas even have a movie coming out. I just dont share the appreciation for the breed. 😆 I should have pics of these guys today. OUR FURNINTURE IS COMING TODAY!!! 😀

Starbreeze
            Participant

What do Rab and Moocah think of the pups??

Skigod377
              Participant

starbreeze wrote:

What do Rab and Moocah think of the pups??

They are annoyed by them. The puppies adore them and act so submissive that its adorable, but all Rab and Moocah do is growl and walk away. When we are all outside, they are fine, but in the house, they want to be left alone.

Starbreeze
                Participant

They probably don’t want to be nipped by puppy teeth!! They hurt!!! 😆

laphon1
                  Participant

Dragon87 wrote:

…..

I remember the time we got a 5 month old chihuahua puppy in, we got 7 applications for her in 2 hours, and none for any of the other amazing dogs. Everyone wants a chihuahua. 🙄

Not me! I can not stand chihuahuas!

laphon1 wrote:

Dragon87 wrote:

…..

Not me! I can not stand chihuahuas!

skigod377 wrote:

Chiuauas even have a movie coming out. I just dont share the appreciation for the breed. 😆 I should have pics of these guys today. OUR FURNINTURE IS COMING TODAY!!! 😀

Me neither. They are yappy little things that my parents cat could have easily ate. But he was scared of the one he met. Apparently that little dog strutted around like he was a king after that (the owner and my dad work together). Did I mention Fluff is about a 13-15lb cat? 😆

I’m more the St. Bernard type. They are my favorite breed that I will probably never own. 😀

Starbreeze
                    Participant

So are the puppies introducing themselves to your furniture, now that it’s arrived? 😆

Skigod377
                      Participant

starbreeze wrote:

So are the puppies introducing themselves to your furniture, now that it’s arrived? 😆

They are being very good. Its a good thing we broke them of chewing on the Aloha furniture 😆 I have some sad news. We are losing a puppy. 🙁 One of the other foster ladies also had 3 but two of hers got adopted so they want me to give her one of mine to keep her loner socialized. Would it be awful if I just told her NO! 😆

Good for you taking in the puppies. We do allot of rescues, most not by choice we live in a rural area and they get dumped. Once about 5 years ago the meals on wheels van stopped right in front of our house and threw out 2 Akita puppies!
                        But come on guys I have 3 Chihuahuas, Sandi is almost 14 and weighs 7 pounds, Dakota is 12 and he weighs in at 5 and litlle Kay-Dee is also 12 and she weighs in at a whopping 2 1/2 pounds. And they are sweet and my babies. And we also have indoors shasta a 11 year old cocker and Ruby a 9 year old Basset hound and they all get along.
                        And outside I have 6 more dogs and about 18 cats. All rescues, over the past 8 years we have probably had 25 or so dogs outside that we have found good homes for.

Well… puppies get depressed if they are by themselves, but I understand the sentiment. 😀 At least the other lady’s are getting adopted, right? So that’s good news, kinda!

Skigod377
                        Participant

mamawolf544 wrote:

Good for you taking in the puppies. We do allot of rescues, most not by choice we live in a rural area and they get dumped. Once about 5 years ago the meals on wheels van stopped right in front of our house and threw out 2 Akita puppies!
                          But come on guys I have 3 Chihuahuas, Sandi is almost 14 and weighs 7 pounds, Dakota is 12 and he weighs in at 5 and litlle Kay-Dee is also 12 and she weighs in at a whopping 2 1/2 pounds. And they are sweet and my babies. And we also have indoors shasta a 11 year old cocker and Ruby a 9 year old Basset hound and they all get along.
                          And outside I have 6 more dogs and about 18 cats. All rescues, over the past 8 years we have probably had 25 or so dogs outside that we have found good homes for.

😆 Sorry for baggin on your chihuahuas… they are dogs too… kind of… 😛 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.