fbpx

"I Just Bought A–" Celebration thread, v.2

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone "I Just Bought A–" Celebration thread, v.2

Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 1,428 total)
  • Author
    Maebnus
    Participant

Thanks, folks!

travistie wrote:

Wasn’t me either. Though, I was very tempted to bid on this one today. I loved that one from the start, when Melody posted the Lace Poad(tm) pics in the gallery. I was watching the auction, and saw it shoot up from $300.00 something to $405.00 in the last 5 seconds. I was like holy crap! 😯 Too rich for my blood. So far… this one is the most expensive Ebay Poad(tm). She is a beauty though. Congrats Meabnus! πŸ˜€

Yeah, I loved her too from the pic (I even asked Melody what she was named so I wouldn’t miss her). I was afraid the cost would go high… darn max bids. But I knew it’d be the only way I’d get her… I have terrible luck sniping, and I’m never awake when these auctions end (I can either be awake for them or be awake at 2am to check for new stuff in the store… not both). I’m glad you didn’t go after her though… you got the other one that I’ve liked so far!

But I still can’t believe the final price. Oy… she costs more than my Purple Wolf Male Griff! Darn Poadie snipers πŸ˜‰ !! Well, at least I won’t have to hide her from hubby… just the receipt!

Maria
      Participant

Congrats on the Poad, Maebnus! Pricey, but I bet she’s worth it.

Travistie
        Participant

Maebnus3 wrote:

Thanks, folks!

travistie wrote:

Wasn’t me either. Though, I was very tempted to bid on this one today. I loved that one from the start, when Melody posted the Lace Poad(tm) pics in the gallery. I was watching the auction, and saw it shoot up from $300.00 something to $405.00 in the last 5 seconds. I was like holy crap! 😯 Too rich for my blood. So far… this one is the most expensive Ebay Poad(tm). She is a beauty though. Congrats Meabnus! πŸ˜€

Yeah, I loved her too from the pic (I even asked Melody what she was named so I wouldn’t miss her). I was afraid the cost would go high… darn max bids. But I knew it’d be the only way I’d get her… I have terrible luck sniping, and I’m never awake when these auctions end (I can either be awake for them or be awake at 2am to check for new stuff in the store… not both). I’m glad you didn’t go after her though… you got the other one that I’ve liked so far!

But I still can’t believe the final price. Oy… she costs more than my Purple Wolf Male Griff! Darn Poadie snipers πŸ˜‰ !! Well, at least I won’t have to hide her from hubby… just the receipt!

I’m kinda suprised that one went as high as it did. It went higher than the crazy lace one. That one had lots of detail and color on it… so I knew I wouldn’t have much of a chance with it. πŸ˜†

I’m crazy about the Poads(tm) though, so do bid on each one that gets put up for auction. I’m trying to stick to a limit though. This one you got went pretty high with 1 day left… so decided I was just gonna let it go, and watch the end of it. I am trying not to spend more than $300.00 on special Poads(tm) anymore. I’ve done in twice already with the first Tiger ones. It’s hard to believe I’ve got over $1300.00 worth of Poads(tm)! I am so glad my husband doesn’t know this! πŸ˜†

But, I’m glad you won this one Maebnus. She is very pretty. A lot prettier than what the Ebay pic shows. Make sure you post a pic when you get her. πŸ˜€

Adaneth
          Participant

Maebnus3 wrote:

I won the Green Eyed Lace Poad! Yay! (I just woke up, so just found out). But crap… who’s making me pay so much by putting in that last bid? πŸ˜› Anybody here?

I bid $300, but the $400 last-second bid was NOT mine.

Congrats on the win! πŸ˜€

Setsunawolf
            Participant

Maebnus3 wrote:

I won the Green Eyed Lace Poad! Yay! (I just woke up, so just found out). But crap… who’s making me pay so much by putting in that last bid? πŸ˜› Anybody here?

It was me. I didn’t have enough time to up my bid max bid, so be glad I goofed and didn’t bid higher from the start. I figured nobody’s max bid would have been higher than $400. I was wrong πŸ˜₯
              I hope you enjoy the Poad.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
              Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
              Sun Dragon Koi #3

Maebnus
              Participant

You had the same thought I did. I didn’t think anybody’d be crazy enough to pay that much, so I gave it a go :roll:. I’m glad it stopped there though! It could’ve been worse. I just look at it as making up for missing the last couple releases (green curlie 1st time, Sugar Poad 2x). Sorry you didn’t win though. I always feel a little bad when I win knowing that someone else here didn’t.

I’ll make sure to share pics with everybody. I’ll add in my special black & tan grifflet too… oh! and my green curlie. New Poads always force me to stop being lazy and take some pictures…. Now if only something would kick me in the rear to work on my PYO. 8)

Purplecat
                Participant

Congrats on your new addition!!! Totally neat! Be sure to post those pics! πŸ˜‰

Travistie
                  Participant

Make sure you post a pic of the COA sketch that comes with the Poad(tm) too! Melody did the cutest sketch that came with my Lace Poad(tm). She sketched her making happy noises! I need to try and post it tonight…. if I have time. Work has been a real biznatch lately. Argh! 😑

I got three Emeralds recently and I’m sooo Happy. All have very minor chips so I’m thinking of trying the repairs myself. Wish me luck! πŸ˜‰

Here is the Mother

The Oriental

and the Hatching Kinglet

I also have a Wizard Cat Candlelamp that someone got paint on. I’ll be sending that one to Kyrin most likely. I’m afraid I’d get the color screwed up if I try it on my own πŸ˜†

Oops , got the wrong picture posted of the OS That is only sticker residue on the belly. I’m also still learning to use the digital camera I got for Christmas
                    πŸ˜• πŸ˜†

Jasmine
                    Participant

Congrats on the new pretties Khat and Maebnus.

Setsunawolf
                      Participant

Maebnus3 wrote:

You had the same thought I did. I didn’t think anybody’d be crazy enough to pay that much, so I gave it a go :roll:. I’m glad it stopped there though! It could’ve been worse. I just look at it as making up for missing the last couple releases (green curlie 1st time, Sugar Poad 2x). Sorry you didn’t win though. I always feel a little bad when I win knowing that someone else here didn’t.

I’ll make sure to share pics with everybody. I’ll add in my special black & tan grifflet too… oh! and my green curlie. New Poads always force me to stop being lazy and take some pictures…. Now if only something would kick me in the rear to work on my PYO. 8)
                        Don’t feel too bad. I think I must have you Burnt Sugar Poad. I bought him for BDW and she got one before reading my post. But I like him so I’m keeping him. But he told me he was lonely and needed a friend. If you don’t mind my asking what was your max bid?

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                        Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                        Sun Dragon Koi #3

Maria
                        Participant

Congrats again on your new treasures, khat. πŸ˜€

Congrats on that gorgeous sugar poad. That was my favorite of the bunch I think. Can’t wait for those pics.

Silver lap arrived yesterday. She’s looking quite pleased with herself. I love the darker shading on these. (No flash used in these)

Maebnus
                          Participant

Kachina has monkey wallpaper? πŸ˜† They look like snacks behind that Lap.
                            Man, oh, man, I love those Silvers. I haven’t decided which sculpt to get yet though (besides the fledgling, once they’re released). But I’d really like some with lavender eyes. I like the royal blue, but otherwise I’m bored with blue eyes in so many colors.

Setsuna, it was $450. So I’m glad it ended when it did! (cuz either I’d be out another 50 bucks or she’d belong to someone else)

Khat, those are some great photos. I love the hatching Emperor… so cute.

Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 1,428 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.