fbpx

"I Just Bought A–" Celebration thread, v.2

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone "I Just Bought A–" Celebration thread, v.2

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 1,428 total)
  • Author
    Travistie
    Participant

Kachina wrote:

Congrats Silverdragon, he’s very handsome. It really makes me wish I had someplece nearby to go see some of these in person.

I got my pink curlie that I won a couple weeks ago off ebay today. I know they just released more in the store, but I’m thrilled with the amount of darker pink on this girl. Especially on her back. Is it true the ones coming out now are much paler?

That’s a pretty curlie!

The first batch had mostly pale pearly pink ones, then the brighter ones came out later. They all kinda varied though from everyones pics. I got one from the first batch, and it was like a medium pink. Very pretty. I had to sell it a while ago though. But I did get myself a replacement last night! πŸ˜€ So we’ll see how pale or intense she is in just a few days!

Please post some pics when she gets there! If this batch are pale pink I need to grab one before they’re all gone. πŸ˜† I’d love to have two different ones.

Purplecat
      Participant

Congrats!!! πŸ˜€

Travistie
        Participant

Yep, I will. I’ve actually got a lot of pics to post of Poads(tm), and some other dragons I’ve gotten since Christmas time.

Your pink curlie has a bright stripey thing going on too. Some didn’t have a stripe.

I just got my Silver Lap Dragon in the mail not half an hour ago- I havn’t even put the box away and I just had to post these pictures (excuse the bad lighting- I tried using a flash but it didnt come out very well);

Hes really quite stunning, I bought him sort of impulsively with some money I’d been saving for a different Windstone piece and while I’d been waiting for it to arrive in the mail I kept thinking, what if I shouldnt have bought it, what if I’m disapointed with it (its my first Silver and Id never seen one in person before) But I actually gasped when I took him out of the box. The pictures dont do him any justice at all.
          My husband tried to talk me out of buying a silver one, he thought the other colors were much more flattering, but hes going to be eating his words when he gets home! hahaha.
          And he looks great with my other pieces. Now if I can just get a hold of a black sitting griffin chick (*squeak, squeak*) and a red fire OW, I’ll be happy. (till the next cool piece comes out anyway). πŸ˜†

Travistie
          Participant

Very nice!!! Congrats on your purchase. Looks like you made a good decision afterall!! πŸ˜€

travistie wrote:

Very nice!!! Congrats on your purchase. Looks like you made a good decision afterall!! πŸ˜€

Yeah no kidding lol. I’m seriously thinking about getting the silver male and female now. He really pops amoungst my other pieces- kind of outshines them at first even! I knew he was going to pretty, but he is more than I expected (always a great feeling).

Travistie
            Participant

VampireBiscuits wrote:

Yeah no kidding lol. I’m seriously thinking about getting the silver male and female now. He really pops amoungst my other pieces- kind of outshines them at first even! I knew he was going to pretty, but he is more than I expected (always a great feeling).

I have a silver male, and I love him. I’m not a huge fan of the male sculpt, but he looks beautiful in silver!

Just a little Windstone dragon fact for ya… the Lap is a female per Melody! πŸ™‚

Beautiful lap! The silvers are my favorite, can’t wait till next week when my lap gets here. My collection’s gone from 0 to about 10 in less than a month. πŸ˜†

Have you thought of putting your RF OW on layaway? That’s what I’ve done, makes it easier to take than one big payment.

Maria
              Participant

The lap is pretty, VampireBiscuits. She looks great in your curio.

travistie wrote:

VampireBiscuits wrote:

I have a silver male, and I love him. I’m not a huge fan of the male sculpt, but he looks beautiful in silver!

Just a little Windstone dragon fact for ya… the Lap is a female per Melody! πŸ™‚

Oh I didnt realize it was a she πŸ™‚ I guess I automaticly call things with no specific gender males- all my life I grew up with dogs and all but one of them were male, so its just kind of automatic.

And after seeing this Silver piece in person I thought about getting the male and female too, but I dont know if Id like them as much, the gold horns on the lap really set off the gold accents in the scales.

Kachina wrote:

Beautiful lap! The silvers are my favorite, can’t wait till next week when my lap gets here. My collection’s gone from 0 to about 10 in less than a month.

Have you thought of putting your RF OW on layaway? That’s what I’ve done, makes it easier to take than one big payment.

And I’ve already got the money for my red OW all saved up and ready to go. Layaway drives me nuts, the wait is too much for me lol.
                And wow- 0 to 10 in a month? Did you hit the lottery or something? lol. Lucky!

Greater Basilisk wrote:

The lap is pretty, VampireBiscuits. She looks great in your curio.

thank you! πŸ˜€

lamortefille
                Participant

She really does “pop”! Lovely!

VampireBiscuits wrote:

And wow- 0 to 10 in a month? Did you hit the lottery or something? lol. Lucky!

Nope, just a husband who loves to see me smile and has a great career to fund my new obsession. πŸ™‚

Maria
                  Participant

Lucky you, Kachina. πŸ˜†

Purplecat
                    Participant

She’s very beautiful!!!!! A big Congrats!!!! πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 1,428 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.