fbpx

I figured there would be more people on this late

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone I figured there would be more people on this late

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)
  • Author

seeing how the white SK is ending in what an hour?

frozendragon
    Participant

SSSSHHHHHHHH….

darn it…. 👿

SPark
      Participant

Well, a lot of people can’t afford a Secret Keeper at all, and a fair number more don’t really care for white. I’m only up this late because I usually am, though I do plan on popping over the ebay to watch the auction, just to see how high it goes.

I figure it could go super high, as it’s the first of a new color, but being a regular production color, and ending so late, it might not go super high. Guess we’ll see!

frozendragon
        Participant

I hope not…cause it’s not numbered…just hopefully no one acts like a freak and bids knowing they don’t want it just to drive up the price….like when it first went up….

I hate when people do that…

SPark
          Participant

Well, I figure it doesn’t matter at all when something this big first gets listed. There’s no way on the planet it’s going for less than $1k, so why not bid a couple hundred, just because? If somebody’s willing to pay $1k in the last five seconds, they’re going to pay $1k in the last five seconds, whether it was $7 or $700 before that.

But then that’s how I view auctions, not how others do, judging by the behavior of some bidders I’ve seen. People are weird!

No worries about me, I am working that is why I am here, I am pretty much here every night this time. But I am pretty excited about being able to watch the end of the auction, I dont usually get too.

frozendragon
            Participant

SPark wrote:

Well, I figure it doesn’t matter at all when something this big first gets listed. There’s no way on the planet it’s going for less than $1k, so why not bid a couple hundred, just because? If somebody’s willing to pay $1k in the last five seconds, they’re going to pay $1k in the last five seconds, whether it was $7 or $700 before that.

But then that’s how I view auctions, not how others do, judging by the behavior of some bidders I’ve seen. People are weird!

I agree…they usually start them at $1….so bidding $300 or something is different than waiting and bidding stupid amounts…and besides if you’re willing to pay $300…they there you go…

but just random stuff….just to drive up the price…and there are some out there that do it…get on my nerves…

Hey I admit I have done that, I did it on the strippy griffin, I did wnat him, but when I bid up to 295 and was out bid I figured no way and i going higher than that.

frozendragon
              Participant

ruffian wrote:

Hey I admit I have done that, I did it on the strippy griffin, I did wnat him, but when I bid up to 295 and was out bid I figured no way and i going higher than that.

yeah…but you didn’t just sit there rebidding higher and higher just do be mean did you?

I know on the last one I saw go or that much…that’s what happened they were just upping the bids on each other to be mean….and someone that didn’t want it ended up getting to pay for it anyway….

but that’s the justice in it I guess

SPark
                Participant

He he he. Yeah. If you don’t want it for that much, don’t bid!

No I dont, I was really interested, and went higher than I thought he was worth because i wanted him, once I got to 295 I stopped I figured someone is fracking nuts and wnats him way more.

SPark
                  Participant

Yeah, some people are a little crazy!

Though I guess I’m kind of crazy too. I’m eyeing this Secret Keeper and going “Hmmm, well, I could dip into my savings, I mean right now I’m not actually trying to save up because of the legal mess I’m in….”

(Long story, sums up to I might get sued shortly, and if I have no money, they’re less likely to actually go through with the suit, basically, so I’m no longer building my savings account, I’m just letting it sit there.)

that sux spark, I hope it goes in your favor.

SPark
                    Participant

I’m hoping they notice I’m not rich and just give up!

But anyhow, hey, it’s an excuse to just spend what I have, right? I wouldn’t go into debt for an SK, but since I could always sell it later if I really needed the money, why not?

That’s only if it doesn’t go too high though, so odds are I still woudln’t do it. I do LOVE Secret Keepers, and the white is even kind of growing on me, but there are other colors I might like more. Though I suppose I could probably trade this gal for another one later, if that was the case….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.