fbpx

I am sooo cold–snow pics added for those who miss the stuff

Home Forums Miscellany Community I am sooo cold–snow pics added for those who miss the stuff

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author

In NJ and NY we are having kittens out of season because it has been so warm!

siberakh1
    Participant

I live about halfway between NYC and Montreal along the Hudson River. Other than one day with a trace of snow (you could still see the grass) before New Year’s, there has been no snow to speak of. On January 6, I took a pictures of all the stuff growing outside with a little sign next to them stating the date, location and temperature – a balmy 68 degrees F! 😯 We have tulips that are about 1.5 inches out of the ground and our first dandelion blooming. No cross country ski areas are open in the area and the downhill ski areas that are open have only a few trails open each. Most I can count on a single hand. This is NOT a normal winter. This little snowball is missing her snow, and they are talking about this probably being the warmest summer on record 😥

Bob

I miss the snow but not the work that comes with it. I’m happy with the rain. I have heard several times it’s supposed to be an El Nino winter but nothing so far

AsH

We’ve had flurries here but not one day with snow that stayed on the ground. I’m sad that we had a green christmas though, Its nice enough out that we can go out in just a long sleeved shirt and sweatshirt. It seems very wrong that we dont have snow….

nessiemom
          Participant

I’m getting iced in… I’ll be glad to send it along to whoever wants it!!

Bob

No thank you I just need rain to bring my overtime

Maria
              Participant

I’d be happy to take all the snow in those pics, ruff. Today’s going to be spring again.

Bob

I would love to see teh snow again but I do not think. I could live in it again. I really do not like the cold. I feel horrible when it’s too cold out

WolfenMachine
                  Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Lucky people with snow. My birthday should be in the dead of winter, but January thinks it’s actually the middle of May.

Same here (of course) it was 75* here today…warm enough to wear no jacket and a skirt. I’ve never seen REAL snow….I would hate to learn to how to drive in the snow. (Although I heard in Arizona they don’t know how to drive in the rain)
                    BUT minus the driving….I’d love to play in it, or like GB said, grab a sled

Bob

most people do not know how to drive in any big city anymore

Maria
                      Participant

Aw, that just gives the big cities one of their defining characteristics – lousy drivers!

Bob

well to be fair I’m almost always in a hurry and stupid slow drivers drive me NUTS!!! I yell at them all the time

Jodi
                          Participant

We actually don’t have that much snow as in those photos. There’s grass poking through most of it. I guess I should change my description location. It is really cold here now though, like 6 degrees F. Gets below zero at night.

Where I am, we’re having a severe cold snap and are getting close to record lows — 28 degrees F is predicted for tonight! 😆

Bob

we may have a white winter in CA. It’s supposed to be a very rainy winter soon

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.