fbpx

Hurray for misleading ebay auctions!

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Hurray for misleading ebay auctions!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 84 total)
  • Author

So I won this auction a few weeks ago:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=011&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=320106134707&rd=1&rd=1

Finally got the dragon in question and while it’s in pretty good condition, I believe these photos will show that it is NOT “in perfect condition”

Note the attempt to hide the chip by colouring it LOL

I am emailing the seller now to discuss a partial refund because I don’t mind keeping the little fella with his chip but obviously he’s not as described in the auction nor was the chip ever mentioned or shown.

Boo-urns!

Aldana
    Participant

“perfect condition” yeah right.
      I hope you can get a paritial refund on that!

I Would love an Old Warrior one day.. any Old Warrior!

I got one of those in Mint condition for the price you paid. I do hope the seller is helpful.

Aldana wrote:

“perfect condition” yeah right.
      I hope you can get a paritial refund on that!

Thanks!

That’s what I get for not asking for a picture of the other side, lazy bum me! LOL

dragonessjade wrote:

I got one of those in Mint condition for the price you paid. I do hope the seller is helpful.

I’d seen a bunch of auctions for mint YD’s and that’s what I thought I was getting! LOL Ah well, thanks for the hope ^_^

Maria
      Participant

Sheesh, some sellers… 😕 Good luck getting the refund, sunhawk.

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Sheesh, some sellers… 😕 Good luck getting the refund, sunhawk.

Thanks GB ^_^

Aw he is really nicely coloured as well 😀 I hope you can sort something out 8)

Update on the situation, this is hilarious

So the seller emailed me back: “I was not aware of any flaw like that. I had purchased this off ebay about a year ago. Put the dragon back in the box and write return to sender or refused on the box. The post office will send it back to me without charging you. I will then refund your money and contact the person I bought it from.”

I called CanadaPost and they told me it’s a no go if you actually opened the box, which I had to do to see the dragon LOL

So I emailed her and said “You sold something on Ebay that you didn’t personally verify its condition before you sold it? That’s not good seller practice. Look, it will cost me to send it back to you and I’d prefer to keep it rather than risk losing it in transit to you, how about you give me half my money back and we’ll call it even?” which I thought was a good compromise on the situation.

Apparently that didn’t go over well because I got this response:

“I sold this to you for less than what it cost me. I am not going to take another half off. I looked at the picture, I did not see any chip. When it left my house it was in perfect condition. I think that I would have noticed something wrong with it. My refund policy states that you can return anything and the cost will be refunded to you except for shipping. If you don’t want it send it back and I will do that, as for a chip, I did not see anything wrong with that, when it left my house it was in perfect condition. I inspect everything that I receive when I buy it and before I send it.”

And this is what I just sent her about it:

“It is not my fault that you chose to start the bidding for this item at lower than your cost and that it ended lower than what you paid for it. Are you saying you didn’t see a chip in the original photo you used for your auction? Because the chip is on the side not shown in that photo. And if you mean my photos, here is an updated version with the chip highlighted: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/sunhawk/peacockwindstonechip2detail.jpg – It is not a flea bite, the chip is nearly half a cm in size. Perhaps you missed it because it was coloured but it still makes your auction inaccurate. The fact it was coloured means it couldn’t have just been a chip that occured in transit by mail, it was a deliberate act to cover the chip up. This is not just a matter of me receiving the item and deciding to return it because I don’t want it, this is your chance to avoid negative feedback and a report for a fraudulant auction. You have no return policy stated anywhere for this auction.”

Skigod377
        Participant

Dang. the drama 🙄 What crap. At least she is responsive though 😆 Mine has not responded to me at all.

LOL what happened with your seller, Ski? How did they try to rip you off?

Lokie
          Participant

So sorry, sunhawk 🙁 From your photo, I have a hard time believing the seller wasn’t aware of the chip. Looks like a pretty obvious “touchup” to me. It’s just crazy to me that she’d sell it in that condition with it listed as “perfect condition”, and then expect the buyer to not complain once it arrives. Really sad.

Hopefully the seller does the right thing without any further threats.

Thanks Lokie!

Sadly, our hopes are not turning out, this was her reply to my last message:

“I can also call ebay on you. I also have pictures of this before it left my house. There wasn’t a chip, nothing was covered up and the return policy was stated in plain language. It is illegal to threaten me by slander in order to get money and that is what you have done. I will refund your money when I get the dragon back. Why did you wait over 2 weeks to send me an e-mail. Ebay will want to know that also. We can fight about this forever, if you want your money back, return the dragon. I have proof there wasn’t a chip and that there wasn’t any cover up. “

*chortles* How exactly did I slander her? And I waited 2 weeks because duh that’s how long it took to get to me! LOL

This was my most recent reply to all this drama:

“Please show me the photos of the item before it left the house, specifically a shot of the head on the same side where the chip is, I want to see proof of your claims the same way I showed you proof of mine. I “waited” two weeks because that’s how long it took for the package to get to me, I don’t know how long you took to mail it to me after my prompt payment. The Return policy under that section of the auction was listed as “Return policy not specified. Read item description for any reference to return policy.” And the Item Description made no mention of a return policy, go read the auction yourself. What is to stop you from running another misleading auction like this if I do return the dragon to you? Most sellers would just admit their error and look for a compromise, your attitude is not helpful when I have provided clear proof of my problem with your item.”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 84 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.