fbpx

How Mom is getting her Windstone gift tomorrow

Home Forums Miscellany Community How Mom is getting her Windstone gift tomorrow

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    purpledragonclaw
    Participant

PhoenixTears wrote:

^^^ But thats the great and odd thing about it. I dont like cooked fish either cause then it’s chewy or real smelly. If it’s cooked, it has to be REAL bland. Great thing about Sushi is that it has no smell and hardly any taste whatsoever. If no one told you what you were eating, you might have a seriously hard time figuring it out. Really!

The only one I have trouble with is sea urchin. I just don’t like the taste. Yuck!

purpledragonclaw wrote:

The only one I have trouble with is sea urchin. I just don’t like the taste. Yuck!

Dont go in and get “sashimi.” That is the clump of rice with a raw piece of fish on it which would include the urchin.

Go in and order a Rainbow Roll. Before you do (if you work this way), read what it is and notice how is does NOT smell at all and how you can chew it with only your tongue if need be (babies could eat sushi as far as consistency goes; takes no effort), and notice that the fish itself is actually tasteless if not bland. The sushi rolls have rice and seaweed (which you also dont taste but that is what you may find you have to chew the most until you get use to it but try it, I beg you)! And avocado, cucumber, etc. Some even have cream cheese in them like the Ecstasy Roll. Most are bite size pieces but cut them in half (and yes, make a mess) until you get the hang of it. Then try adding some of those fresh ginger pieces (pink stuff) to enhance the flavor and a bit of Wasabe (clump of green stuff but dont be fooled, it is very hot mustard)! Those 2 are a taste sensation and will over power any taste of what you put them on such as a piece of sushi.

At the very least… go in and grab a take out menu and read about the Sushi creations and what is in what roll πŸ˜€

purpledragonclaw
      Participant

I swear, PhoenixTears, you and I could talk for HOURS!!! I had the sea urchin as sushi and still didn’t like it. I have never seen it available as sashimi before. I am a sushi-holic, been eating it for years. It sounds like you have too! πŸ™‚ A Rainbow Roll is heavy: it is raw fish on top of a CA Roll. If it were just the raw fish and rice it would be easier, but the crab and avocado make it harder to eat. Most raw fish doesn’t smell, with the exception of freshwater eel. We could go out for lunch together if we lived closer together. My father and I ordered a small boat that between the two of us we ate! The waitress stopped writing our order to stare at us. It was like “Do you two know what you’re doing?” πŸ˜† All we left on that boat was daikon!! πŸ˜† One of these days I’ll PM you some of the sushi rolls available where I live. I think you’d like them. The Philadelphia Roll sounds like your Ecstasy Roll. πŸ™‚

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.