fbpx

How Mom is getting her Windstone gift tomorrow

Home Forums Miscellany Community How Mom is getting her Windstone gift tomorrow

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Andrea
    Participant

Oh! I love that one. I’ll have to look for Alice Blue Bonnet? I can’t recall if that was the name, but the story always makes me tear up! Found it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3lAztMhIWI

Katherine
      Participant

How fun! πŸ˜€ I want to read about how it took place once you get a chance!

Suckerrrrrr! Yep! She fell for it hook, line and sinker! She was in the bathroom (which is like a huge palace; she had the house built to her specs and she loves her a large bathroom) doing her hair and make up and I came in with the swaddled blue blankie saying, “shhhh! Happy Mother’s Day,” I whispered.

Her eyes grew large and her mouth started to gape before she knew what it was. She assumed it could be any animal and since we love them all, she was already thinking, “cute! cute!” but was a bit apprehensive. She knows I know she cant take on more animals right now but she also knows Im prone to saying, “WTF, why not? Cant hurt.”

She actually said aloud first, “this better be a statue!” I kept my facade up and diverted her from such a thought quickly with little things I do. I let her peer at the eye and she was like, “awe! what is it?! I said everything she needed was in the car and not to worry and then she was really into it.

It was “wriggling” in my arms so I asked if she wanted to hold it but only over her bed in case she escaped. She carefully swaddled it and said, “whew, well, statues arent this heavy!” HAHAHAHAHA! Before going further she said to me, “honey, I dont want another animal, mother is getting old and cant handle more. I hope you can take it back or keep it yourself, whatever it is. Dont break my heart!”

She leaned over the bed and carefully unswaddled it (with her cats surrounding the blankie which was perfect, like they were in on it! Actually they were interested cause the blankie smells of their nephews (MY cats… think it through. Im mom’s daughter, her cats are my brothers, hence my “kids” my brothers nephews…. and yes, we are that wacky family that does refer to our animals as kids and family to this degree)!

When it was all out in the open, she was so touched and cooing and oohing cause she remembered the enjoyment we got out of the GPs we had when I was a kid. She really admired it from all angles and is increasingly impressed with Melody’s work. Bottom line, she positively loved it and it was a great presentation.

Then we got to do it all over again for my step dad watching TV in the living room and he too fell for it, so I got 2 for 1! Piggy was then placed carefully yet prominently on the baker’s rack and we went out to get a sumptuous Sushi dinner… our favorite!

Hope everyone had a great mother’s day! Thanks for letting me share my experience with you and for your sincere interest!!!

dragonmedley
        Participant

Hahaha! That’s great!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

My mother was so surprised when she saw the Good Cat Candlelamp. It reminded her of her lifelong friend, her grey, long-haired cat, which passed approximately 6 months ago. As far as I was aware, that was not my intent when the statue screamed, ‘I am for your Mom!’, at me.

She commented on how it even had the blue eyes like her cat did and pulled her picture of him off the mantle to show the similarities in the face.

Needless to say, she was very happy with the gift, for more reasons than I had expected.

The impact that statue had for my Mother was priceless.

Thank you Ms. Melody.

~Hoofer

Katherine
          Participant

Hehe…how sweet! I am so glad she loved it!

lamortefille
            Participant

That was cute, PT: -)

purpledragonclaw
              Participant

Ah, PhoenixTears, that’s great! I’m glad it went over so well! And you did get a 2-for-1 reaction with both parents! πŸ˜†

Hoofer, I’m glad your candlelamp left such a good impression on your mother! All of us sound like super gift givers! πŸ˜€

My mother enjoyed her Windstone too! She had been wanting a Ruby Fledgling for months but couldn’t afford it, so she knew when she saw the box that I had gotten her a Windstone. It’s currently sitting on our cable box in the living room. She now has 3 Fledglings, two of which I bought for her. πŸ™‚

Oh, and PhoenixTears, we went out for sushi too! It was an acquired taste for my mother, but she loves it now! πŸ˜†

purpledragonclaw wrote:

Oh, and PhoenixTears, we went out for sushi too! It was an acquired taste for my mother, but she loves it now! πŸ˜†

It was the opposite for me. I grew up in NY and my parents (both chefs at heart but just not by profession) exposed me to TONS of cultural restaurants. Dad never liked Sushi but mom all her life did. I was never a big eater as a kid (I mean it was really bad cause I was lazy and didnt like chewing!) so in my early 20s was when mom “tried” to introduce me to sushi. We were out with girlfriends who also loved it and they tricked me into a piece of eel. They should have waited for me to swallow cause as soon as I knew what was in my mouth (despite it being tasty), I freaked and ran to the bathroom.

Then, about 7 yrs later, out of the darn blue, my body had a HUGE craving for Sushi. I dont know how it happened cause I had never had sushi enough to crave it. The eel was even cooked so I never even had the real raw fish. Anyway, I went to my closest one in south FL and got some sushi rolls and savored ever little bit. From then on (tho not now) it was Sushi at least 3 nights a week! To this day, I absolutely LOVE Sushi and am so glad I gave it a chance. So much protein; barely any chewing if at all save for rice; no fishy smells or tastes; smooth; easily digestible and filling to the point of pure contentment!… and even great as leftovers… just go to the fridge and pop a bite size piece of the roll in your mouth!

purpledragonclaw
                Participant

Yer makin’ me HUNGRY!!! πŸ˜†

purpledragonclaw wrote:

Yer makin’ me HUNGRY!!! πŸ˜†

Mwahaha! My master plan at work!

Seriously though, if we lived near each other, Id be calling you on the phone saying, “let me take you out for Sushi!” right now!!! I would just have to tape Medium at 10pm so I wouldnt miss it! AHHH and it’s 10 right now so Ive got to pay attention!

Hee hee!

I adore sushi, and it was a tough call when choosing where to go on Saturday, but Sunday was also hubby’s birthday and he’s not wild about sushi, so we went to a steakhouse.

After getting the bill, we wished we’d gone to sushi, it would have been about $40 cheaper! Not kidding…and I for one would have been a lot more satisfied.

That’s okay, gonna see about getting some sushi for lunch on Friday.

Glad everyone had a good mother’s day and got to pull a few little tricks while they were at it. *grin*

Kyrin

darjeb
                  Participant

Glad to hear everyone had a great Mother’s Day and the Windstone gifts were received with great joy.

*sigh*….I just can’t do that whole raw fish thing. It’s still kinda ingrained in my mind that I’m eating the bait. πŸ˜† I’ve tried it, after a lOT of pressure from friends….. but nope. Pass me the steak house menu. I don’t even like fish when it’s cooked, unless it’s a mild fish like sole or flounder. And I’m married to a guy who’s half Portuguese, and LOVES to fish. Yahoo….. πŸ˜‰ But hey, at least y’all had fun on Mom’s Day, right?

^^^ But thats the great and odd thing about it. I dont like cooked fish either cause then it’s chewy or real smelly. If it’s cooked, it has to be REAL bland. Great thing about Sushi is that it has no smell and hardly any taste whatsoever. If no one told you what you were eating, you might have a seriously hard time figuring it out. Really!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.