fbpx

How Mom is getting her Windstone gift tomorrow

Home Forums Miscellany Community How Mom is getting her Windstone gift tomorrow

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Ive been holding onto the Gold and White Guinea Pig for a few months now, knowing sometime I would give it to my mom for an occasion. I had decided on Mother’s Day (I’ll make her an addict if it’s the last thing I do)!

Instead of wrapping it in its box etc., Im going to play on my mom’s instincts in knowing how wacky and spontaneous I can be. Ive tried it out with others and thanks to such wonderful eyes that Windstones have, it works!

I have the Guinea Pig swaddled in a blue blankie with just an opening around the eye so that when anyone peers in, thats what they see real fast and think it truly is a live animal. Mom knows not to put it past me to bring home a stray or buy her a new family addition. After all, not only was I born like that but my mom was a kid who brought home all kinds of animals like a skunk, duck, kinkachu (not spelled right), mice and tons of dogs or cats.

When I was growing up, we had a set of Guinea Pigs, they mated and had one baby and they were great fun to have in the house. Mom always adored them so it would be nice for her to add such a life like one on her baker’s rack near the other Windsies Ive gotten her over the last year.

I plan to walk into the house with a “shhh” look and expression on my face, etc. Holding very gently the slightly moving guinea pig swaddled in my arms very carefully (I cant lie worth a darn but when it comes to acting for a good cause like this- aint nobody better)!

She’ll start to say, “OMG… what the heck have you done now”, while an unconscious smile plays about her mouth that she wont be able to help. She’ll start saying things like “oh no, I hope you can return this: this isnt good right now!” Etc etc. I’ll tell her she just wont be able to resist and let her peak through the opening hole I spoke of earlier and let her glance quickly at the eye… very quickly cause the Guinea Pig will just wriggle at the time causing me to pull away a bit to make sure I dont drop it or it doesnt jump out. You see where Im going with this.

She’ll continue to protest but I’ll tell her once she holds it, she wont be able to resist. I’ll take her over to her bed so that should it “wriggle free” it lands on something soft while I tell her I have all it needs in the car. I’ll let her unwrap it and enjoy her delight!

Yea- Im a sneaky brat but mom makes it so easy! Hee hee hee!

Happy Mother’s Day!!!

Stephanie
    Participant

Sounds like fun! Let us know how it all works out. πŸ˜€

Pegasi1978
      Participant

Awww that sounds so sweet! You’ll have to tell us if it does play out like this tomorrow.

purpledragonclaw
        Participant

That sounds like a great idea! You put a lot of planning into this! I see I am not the only one getting my mother a Windstone tomorrow. πŸ˜›

That’s so cute! πŸ˜€

Jasmine
          Participant

That’s a great idea. πŸ˜†

Aww, she’ll love it. I’ve also been known to adopt all sorts of critters. I never got to keep them though. One was a mouse that me and my best friend at the time saved from a cat. Poor little thing. We had a big fight over who got to keep it. It ended up back in the wild pretty quickly. Neither his Mom or my Mom wanted it. πŸ˜† I can’t imagine why…. (sarcasm)

purpledragonclaw wrote:

I see I am not the only one getting my mother a Windstone tomorrow. πŸ˜›

Definately not the only one.

Mine will be getting the good cat candlelamp.

~Hoofer gallops off towards Moms place

Andrea
            Participant

Well… How’d it go??? Did she fall for it? Did she love it? Was she disappointed cause she wanted a real guinna pig?

Speaking of which… Have you ever seen the Disney short “Pigs is Pigs”? I loooove that one. That and “Lambert the Sheepish Lion” are my favorites!

Pegasi1978
              Participant

Phoenix wrote:

Speaking of which… Have you ever seen the Disney short “Pigs is Pigs”? I loooove that one. That and “Lambert the Sheepish Lion” are my favorites!

I love Lambert! I think I remember it showing before Dumbo on the version my dad recorded of television many years ago and was dissapointed to find it wasn’t on the newest Dumbo release.

Andrea
                Participant

I found it on a Merry Melodies DVD. It was an anniversary edition, but you can still find it out there. I loved watching it as a kid and then showing it to my kids and watching them laugh at it when Lambert tries to “bah”.

Pigs is Pigs is about a train station manager that goes by the book. One of the deliveries is a pair of guinna pigs. He wants to charge for pigs, but the owner says they’re pets. The owner leaves and the two pigs turn to 5. 5 turn to 10… You get the point. It’s a Merry Melody as well I think.
                  I love Disney!

Andrea
                  Participant
                    Andrea
                    Participant

And found Pigs is Pigs!

dragonmedley
                      Participant

That was so cute!

I watched Susie the little blue coupe too πŸ˜€

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.