fbpx

How I came to know of Windstone and M. Pena's work…

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone How I came to know of Windstone and M. Pena's work…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Prior to last Thursday I had no idea what a Windstone Dragon was. In fact, I’d never heard of Windstone period. Now I have 5.

I was out with a friend at a thrift store. I’ll routinely make the thrift store rounds as there are often cool things to be had. And, one never knows what awaits. I like the serendipity of it all.

So I was waiting as my friend was trying on like 20 articles of clothing. And, my eyes came to rest on this dragon emerging from an egg.

I now know it to be the Empress Hatching in peacock. But, at the time it just seemed cool, intriguing, and cute…all at once. It had two minor chips and the original tag still attached. And it was asking to be taken home for the staggering sum of twelve dollars and 50 cents.

In a moment I’ll forever regret I didn’t buy it immediately. My friend emerged and we both looked at it and commented on how cool it was. But for some reason I decided to walk around and look some more while I mulled it over. We left the store and walked to another (it’s a Salvation Army with a cluster of stores). I kept thinking about the dragon, and after about 30 minutes walked back to buy it. And, of course, it was gone ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

*bangs head against monitor*

That night I looked up online what I remember it had printed on the bottom and side: “Windstone Editions” and “M. Pena”. I found out that is was an Empress Hatching and much much more.

And here I am.

I even e-mailed Melody that night after seeing her e-mail on an EBay posting. I explained I had just discovered Windstone and was looking for an Empress Hatching. She wrote me back a nice long e-mail and referred me here. She seems to be a genuinely nice person.

So, with that still on my mind the next day I went to a different Salvation Army (I live right near one). And I was cruising about my eyes came to rest on the dragon below. How is that for lucky? I missed one the day before and found another the next day in a different store.

I am imaginging someone donated both (and maybe more) and one went to one store and one another.

The one below has a few minor chips. And it cost $8.
    Anyone know the name?

So the one below is actually my first. Now I have another 4.

And, I plan to get an Empress Hatching to make up for my lack of good judgement that Thursday…

Well, here is the first of my dragons, purchased last Friday..

frozendragon
    Participant

that’s the peacock coiled dragon….and $8 is good…

some of those go for $100 or more on ebay…

Jennifer
      Keymaster

You have a coiled Male Dragon in the now retired Peacock color. Congrats! He is a very very nice dragon. The retail price on those guys was anywhere from $52-63, and now that they are retired they tend to sell well on eBay, with an average price around $80 for a mint one.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

keschete
        Participant

Welcome to the Wild World of Windstone Addiction!!!!

Hehehe…I have been collecting for 20 years…I can’t help myself!!!

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

What an amazing deal!!!! That chip is nothing to fix either. Welcome to the Windstone Community!!!

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Mmloda
            Participant

Welcome to the forum… ๐Ÿ˜€ the coiled male was a great fine…. ๐Ÿ˜†

Marzena

Jasmine
              Participant

Great find. Welcome to our addict support system.

Maria
                Participant

$8! And you let a $12.50 hatching empress get away! ILTD, you seem to be a magnet for cheap Windstones. I wanna hang around you. ๐Ÿ˜†

darjeb
                  Participant

Boy are you lucky you seem to find some great Windstone buys. Congratulations on the Peacock Coiled that was a GREAT price

Bob

Welcome again and CONGRATS on the wonderful Windstone finds

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.