fbpx

Hoofer Luv – squeek

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Hoofer Luv – squeek

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Allo all.

I hope you and the family are doing well in Oregon and at this point, you should be well settled in by now. Hopefully you and your menagerie of critters are all tucked in for the coming winter weather. 🙂

I’ve been lurking for to long, but finally have time to ask.

I understand the whole golden horn situation, so I definitely won’t be squeeking any time soon for the Grulla Unicorns that I missed out on. But I was curious if you had an idea how many you did create when you released them. Both the light and dark grey Grullas were very nice, I would have bought either had I had the opportunity.

Since they don’t have golden horns, let’s talk Pegasi!

Any idea on a time frame when you might restock the Buckskin Mother/Father? Before the end of year perhaps? I have definitely clicked on the ‘Notify me when back in stock’ buttons, but I rarely have a need to check my e-mails.

And here’s a shot in the dark, would Windstone consider a reserve item for those of us with Windstone accounts? I know it’s a stretch to ask such a thing, but asking never harmed anyone.

Surely the Notify button gives the company an idea on demand for a particular item you’ve created, especially your limited ones. What of a commitment to buy for those of us that definitely want to purchase now, but there is no availability.

Again, just a shot in the dark for consideration.

~Hoofer

Kim

Yeah I think reserving items to come back into stock would be cool although I don’t know how that would work if Windstone doesn’t always know when things will come out again and maybe don’t want to charge people or reserve them if there are no guarantees when they will come out. But if they can work something out, I would like that idea as long as people who committed to getting something would follow through.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Falcolf
      Participant

I think this sort of thing would work best as something like a Kickstarter, because then the money would be paid in advance and people would be guaranteed to get their piece.

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Melody
        Keymaster

We have resisted having any kind of pre-paid thing, just to avoid increasing the complexity of Susie’s workload!
          Keeping up with regular orders is enough to keep her busy, without her trying to keep track of who has paid for what, when.. etc.

HOWEVER we have been working ( slowly of course, like everything else we try to do) on a “Kickstarter” campaign for a product. That would be a way to let people prepay for a new piece.
          Kickstarter has some issues though, from what I hear…

I don’t know how many Grulla unicorns we did, but not a huge number. They were limited production and not normal production.
          I don’t want to do more Buckskin Pegasus because the tan color is transparent, which means that every splat and speck will show, and is impossible to paint over!
          Need a new color.
          That’s why I like Pintos and Appaloosas the best. Specks aren’t a problem, those colors are specked! How ’bout Grulla pintos? Or roans? Dapples are too complicated for limited production, unfortunately.

We have resisted having any kind of pre-paid thing, just to avoid increasing the complexity of Susie’s workload!
          Keeping up with regular orders is enough to keep her busy, without her trying to keep track of who has paid for what, when.. etc.

Well, I envision it as something that your IT people (person) could create for store pre-purchasing. A good way to address the idea and keep the workload off of Suzie searching around for the information. Of course, they’d have to create a limit on preorders, just in case a billion people wanted a particular sculpture/color scheme. :->

HOWEVER we have been working ( slowly of course, like everything else we try to do) on a “Kickstarter” campaign for a product. That would be a way to let people prepay for a new piece.
          Kickstarter has some issues though, from what I hear…

I’m sorta familiar with Kickstarter. I don’t know all the ins and outs of it by any means, just that it’s a way for smaller companies to gain funding from a much wider audience, in order to start their projects.

I have begrudgingly stepped into the Millennium and invested in a router and a laptop. So, I can make a point of stalking your store on a more regular basis. :->

As and aside, your items are so highly sought after, I see no problem with you gaining a nice foothold on Kickstarter for whatever project you put on there.

I don’t know how many Grulla unicorns we did, but not a huge number. They were limited production and not normal production.

I’m guessing less than 50 of each sculpture?

Does the above translate into, ‘you are done with the limited production of the Grulla Unicorns?’ Those and the Buckskin Pegasi are showing up with the “Notify me when back in stock” button, which implies that you might do more of them one day. Which of course, if you don’t plan to, that Notify button is a HUGE tease for those of us that did miss them.

Granted, I am aware that if you did decide to make more of the Grulla Unicorns, you couldn’t until you had the horn situation rectified.

I don’t want to do more Buckskin Pegasus because the tan color is transparent, which means that every splat and speck will show, and is impossible to paint over!

Noooooo! You lucky dogs that did manage to get them. They’re awesome and one of my favorite real life horse colors on my most favorite of all time fantasy horses, the Pegasus vs the Unicorn.

Ah well, although I’m disappointed with your answer, I do understand the pain it must be painting some of those color schemes (can we say Rainbow.) Thank you for your response though. I’ve been seriously on the fence about buying one of the few remaining Buckskin baby Pegasi, in hopes that one day, some day, I’d be able to get the Father, Mother in that color scheme from you.

I’m such an optimist though. There is always the resale market. Although I’ve not seen any being offered, I have been checking the resale market for the Grulla Unicorns from the various venues available.

I’ve been considering offering up some of my regular production Dragon sculptures for trade on the forums here. But I know I wouldn’t be tempted to trade either the Grulla Unicorns or the Buckskin Pegasi for regular production Dragons had I had the opportunity to purchase either of them when they were offered. So I’m kind of doubtful anyone else that obtained them would consider the Dragon trades, so I’ve not really bothered.

Need a new color.
          That’s why I like Pintos and Appaloosas the best. Specks aren’t a problem, those colors are specked! How ’bout Grulla pintos? Or roans? Dapples are too complicated for limited production, unfortunately.

Why a new color? I LOVE the Grulla Unicorn coloration! Why stop the Limited Production now? Out of thousands of us Windstone collectors, 50 (my guess) is barely a drop in the market for a Limited Production.

You still have signed, Limited Production, Rainbow winged, black Pegasus fathers and babies in stock from years back, not to mention the new Opoponax color is still in stock. Which to me indicates that the solid black color scheme isn’t nearly as desirable as the Grulla, Przewalski’s, Palomino and Buckskins that are long sold out.

I truly believe that it’s because of the different color shading that goes into those color schemes. It just makes your horse sculptures so much lovelier, which in turn translates into much more desirable by us addicts, I mean collectors. :->

Personally, I’m not a huge fan of the Appaloosa (speckled, spotted colors) on your horse sculptures. Although I do like a really nice blanketed App in real life, I just don’t care for that color choice on your sculptures. I know there are adoring fans of the color, not knocking you folks, it’s just not MY cup of tea for her Limited Production horse sculptures.

If you’ve retired the Grulla, and want ideas on a new “fresh” color scheme that lends well to paint mishaps, how about the rich, dark red color of the liver chestnut?

Of note, liver chestnut is not an official recognized color of chestnuts in the real world, they’re all grouped as ‘Chestnut’, but the deep, rich red color might be a nice option for Limited Production consideration.

As mentioned, I love the Buckskin color because of the variation to the muzzles, ears, manes, tails and legs and you even gave them a blaze! And of course, in regards to the Pegasi, the gradual shading you did for the wings. And it’s the same reason why I like the Grulla color so much. It’s the shading on the ears, muzzles, legs, manes and tails that made the grey color POP when viewed.

I could see the dark red of the liver chestnut lending very well to either the Unicorns or the Pegasi. They naturally have darker legs. Some even have very subtle, dark red striping along the legs and although you don’t want to paint it (understandably,) they can have very subtle dappling along their sides.

My liver chestnut has a really neat, very subtle dapple patterning along her barrel. Which is really only noticeable during the winter months when she grows in her fluffy winter coat and if I keep her in a stall during the summer months, which prevents the sun from bleaching the coat so much that they can’t be seen.

Ignoring the dappling and stripping that can occur with the Liver Chestnuts, you could administer creative licensing with the rich, dark red color by giving them black manes, tails and muzzles with darker red shading along the ear edges and legs. If creating a darker red shading for legs and ear tips proved to be to difficult for blending, you could continue to apply the leeway of creative licensing and use black for highlighting the ear tips and legs. Blazes are a definite. Lots and lots of blazes on the sculptures. No such thing as not enough blazes.

Roans are a very nice idea, but I’m sure the shading accuracy could be a bit of a pain for Limited Production. And I suspect the same would hold true with Limited Production paints, fear of splotching the white while painting the darker paint patterns would also make them a pain for Limited Production.

Man, its times like this I wished I could find some extra time out there to devote to my creative side. I can so envision the rich, dark red color scheme with black highlights and although I used to pencil draw horses and paint ceramics, I put down my brush and pencils long ago. Course, I did supplement the addiction with spending what free time I have with my real horses. So it’s not all that bad. :->

Thanks again for the responses and Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

~Hoofer

Falcolf
          Participant

Oh man, I would be SO STOKED for a production/limited production appaloosa or pinto colour and did I mention I LOVE grulla? (Grulla pinto would be AMAZING!!!) Squeak, squeak, squeak!!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Kim

Is there a chance of making baby unicorns like this colour? I think it’s like a sandy buckskin or dun? I love the sandy colour and blue eyes if there were babies like this. Otherwise I guess a grulla would be close in colour.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Oh man, I would be SO STOKED for a production/limited production appaloosa or pinto colour and did I mention I LOVE grulla? (Grulla pinto would be AMAZING!!!) Squeak, squeak, squeak!!

Ditto. I love the pinto patterns on the grab bags and would love to see them production or limited production. Especially grulla pinto or roan.

KaytanaPhoenix
              Participant

I’m a fan of the white splash markings, also love that sandy color as well (just the color tone, not the dappling)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.