fbpx

Holidays

Home Forums Miscellany Community Holidays

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    lamortefille
    Participant

Anybody have any cute/funny Holiday stories to share? I subscribe to a newsletter where people share all kinds of stories. This was in the latest issue:

A friend’s grandmother decided to send money rather than shop for her
      grandchildren. She bought cards, addressed them and put in a nice note
      saying β€œbuy your own gift this year”. (:shock:) She sent them out and was shocked
      after the holidays when she looked at her checkbook and saw she had
      forgotten to put the checks in the cards. The grandkids really laughed.

My story:
      I remember when I was little, my parents told my sister and I that Santa wouldn’t come unless we were asleep. I remember being about 4 or 5, looking out of my bedroom window waiting to catch a glimpse of him and his reindeer. I saw a red flashing light in the sky (hindsight says it was a plane lol) and panicked because it MUST have been Rudolph’s nose and there I was still awake! I jumped back into bed and hoped I wouldn’t be passed by. lol It was nice to really believe in Santa. I still believe in “Christmas Spirit” and hope that it touches all of you in it’s own way, no matter how you celebrate the Holiday Season. πŸ˜€

SPark
      Participant

skigod377 wrote:

PM addresses and I will send CHOCOLATE!!!

ZOMG!Chocolate!

(seriously?)

Skigod377
        Participant

Yes! I love it and want to share it with other chocolate lovers. I can bring myself to share some bars.

Umm chocolate. My sister brought some for me from Wales.

My family tradition when I was little:
          On x-mas eve we would go see the lights sing x-mas songs and then my mom would ring the santa bells and after we heard that we ran into our rooms to get our new P.J’s. X-mas day we would open our presents and then go up to my g-ma’s house to open more presents. Santa would come and pass out more presents.

Now we just have dinner on either x-mas eve or x-mas day. If it is on x-mas eve then we get to open 1 gift.

wolflodge100
          Participant

😯 chocolate…(eyes go out of focus, drools)

Pegasi1978
            Participant

CherylKaufman wrote:

mimitrek wrote:

OMG — you actually still have a…record player? 😯

Garage sales! And yes, they still work πŸ˜€

My dad still has his record player and lots of records. Only thing that needs replacing from time to time is the drive belt – looks like a giant rubber band and has a bad problem with drying/stretching out and breaking.

Pegasi1978
              Participant

We had a family tradition of opening one gift on Christmas eve that my husband and I will probably continue with our two year old son. The rest of the presents were opened on Christmas Day. I’ll also carry on my MIL tradition of giving a package of new socks and underwear.

“We got UNDERWEAR?” my husband and his brother would say. πŸ˜†

This year my husband is home for Christmas (he came home from year long deplyment Iraq the day after last year) and we are planning on taking leave to visit both our families so we aren’t putting up the Christmas tree, which is probably a good thing with a 2 year old about who loves to climb anything.

Some of the ornaments are breakable, non-replaceable since they are decorated eggs my grandmother made when she was still alive. I’d be sad to see those break now even though I know we lost lots of them over the years.

Patricia
                Participant

skigod377 wrote:

CherylKaufman wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

I plan on sending chocolate bars!

To me?!! Well hell, lemme give you my address!

Yeah! PM me!

What? I missed someone sending out chocolate! 😯

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

NirvanaCat13
                  Participant

Mmmmm chocolate advent calendars! *crap, I think I missed a few days! Eeeep! runs to catch up =P*

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

Mmmmm chocolate advent calendars! *crap, I think I missed a few days! Eeeep! runs to catch up =P*

Maybe you need two calenders? JUST to make sure you get the dates right?! You know, a back up.

Skigod377
                    Participant

I have the chocolate! I will be mailing them out tomorrow, so PM addresses if I dont already have them. Supplies are limited. Act now! Just a question…Did anyone else have probs getting on here today? I was locked out for HOURS!

Starbreeze
                      Participant

I’ve been off and on all day…wonder what the problem was?

How much chocolate do you have?

Maria
                        Participant

Guess which question starbreeze wants answered first… πŸ˜€

Starbreeze
                          Participant

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Skigod377
                            Participant

I still have some *Takes a huge bite* but they are going fast πŸ˜›

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 114 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.