fbpx

Holiday gifts.

Home Forums Miscellany Community Holiday gifts.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Melody
    Keymaster

What was your best/favorite holiday gifts that you’ve gotten?
      My favorite was a big stuffed toy horse, when I was about 7.

Melody
      Keymaster

Bodine
        Participant

Two of mine are my ALRLOW last year and a day of being spoiled by my kids one year.I didn’t have to play Santa,cook or clean.Nice gift 😀

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Anonymous

I remember getting a packaged jewelry combo of a bracelet, necklace and ring, with rhinestones that may as well have been diamonds. I was probably six years old, and we were so poor that Santa was not coming that year, we were sure of it. There were bags of potato chips, a turntable and I recall the dining room table was covered with small gifts for all six of us kids. I believed, that year. There was no other way it could have happened 🙂

windstonefan
            Participant

It was 1954 I was almost 4 and I got my first doll for Christmas always 1 gift and my uncle made me a wooden rocking bed to put her in. That was a great thing getting 2 presents. That was the last Christmas my father was with us.

windstonefan

Heather
              Participant

When I was about five, I got a sock horse made from these crazy red, yellow, and orange-banded socks, with a mane, tail, saddle, and bridle made out of yellow and red felt. I don’t remember if he was a Santa present or not. “Sock” followed me everywhere. His left side is all patched and stitched from various cosmetic “adjustments” I made when I was little, and was always removing or adding stuffing so that he looked more horselike. His mane and tail are on at least their third incarnation (there’s still a single strand of the original tail, which I’ve jealously defended) and for years he wore a pair of replacement ears made from brown fake fur, after his original ears fell off. Sock went with me to college, and he didn’t lose his pride of place on the bed until I got married. He’s out in the garage somewhere, snoozing in a box.

I sure wish I could find a pair of wild kneesocks that were durable enough to make him a little brother. Sigh.

Setsunawolf
                Participant

My grandma made me a teddy bear. She had had a stroke and lost a lot of control on her right side, so to get it back she braided my hair (ouch), and made stuffed toys. Mine was the only gray bear, and she gave one to all the grand kids that Christmas. I still have that bear in my room.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                  Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                  Sun Dragon Koi #3

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

My Emerald Male Dragon that was my first Windstone from my brother who NOW can’t even remember to call me on my birthday 🙄

Also, I remember getting a Sega Genesis like 2 decades ago and I was pretty excited! 😀

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Elena
                    Participant

My Windstones 😀 My parents have gotten me a few over the years. I don’t get them as much anymore since there is only one retail store here that carries them and it’s at the other end of the city. And it was easier to buy for me when I didn’t have so many 😳
                      Books. Can always give me books 😀

Growning up, probably the best present (that I remember 😈 ) was the year I got the Transformer Red Alert from some friends of the family. The three oldest kids all got Transformers but I was ecstatic because I was always told girls weren’t supposed to like Transformers. Had to zealously guard him over the years, but still have him 8) .

Lokie
                      Participant

A poem from my sister. Her door got dented on her first brand new car one summer, and I asked her repeatedly how it happened, but she kept avoiding the topic. I begged and begged but she kept brushing me off. It became my obsession to know, but I finally stopped hassling her and forgot about it. Then that Christmas, I opened up this beautiful box from her, with a handmade scroll inside. And printed on it, was a poem she wrote about how her car got damaged. It was a very personal story and more than just a parking lot ding and I understood then why she wasn’t so quick to talk about it. The fact she remembered, and spent so much effort presenting it like that, it’s definitely my most memorable present. It made me weep. I’ve kept it after all these years 🙂

When I was in high school my dad had been unemployed for a couple of years and there was not a lot of money for Christmas presents. So I asked for a rat for Christmas. But my parents had to ask my older sister if it was ok since she was afraid of them. She not only said ok but she let them hide the rat in her bedroom! Of course she stayed up all night watching the cage to make sure the rat did not escape! I named her Venus. She was the first of many rat friends.

And then there is the OW that Melody gave me from the raffle. Although he was not a Christmas present he came during the holidays and he is still the best present ever.

Azurielle
                        Participant

Hmmm…I have two. The first was my Rainbow Emperor, which my mother bought me, after swearing she would never buy me a “collectible.” And my father gave me a tool set that I use all of the time, so it was my most useful present. 🙂

Keeper of the Fledgings

twindragonsmum
                          Participant

Me favorite holiday gift was me boyohs 😀 They were due on Christmas Eve but decided to arrive about four weeks early! Today is their birthday and they’ve given Roddy and myself fifteen wonderful years of exciting holidays!

twindragonsmum 😀

tdm

Jerusha
                            Participant

The only one that keeps coming to mind for me, is last year I asked everybody to send me money for Christmas and my birthday (in January) so I could add a Moluccan Cockatoo to our family.
                              Lily has been with us a year now (I got her around Thanksgiving as an early present) and she is a wonderful presence (presents!) to have in our home!!! 😀

LadyFirebird
                              Participant

This is a wonderful thread! Makes you think back and appreciate certain things. Well to be honest, I can’t remember anything that really stood out in my mind that I was very, very happy to get. But I do have a couple of nice memories that happened during the Christmas season.

The first one was back in the mid 60s. I was visiting my sister-in-law for Christmas and my older brother was in Vietnam. Well imagine my surprise when she tells me that he was coming home for Christmas! I certainly didn’t expect this and I had quite a time washing all those clothes he had in his sack. I remember being surprised to see that all this underwear was green!

The second one involved my younger brother. I picked up that he wanted a leather jacket so I managed to get him one that fit. [He was a big guy.] Well when he opened that box and saw the jacket, you could see his eyes light up. He was so happy to get that! My sister told me that he was always wearing that jacket whenever she saw him.

Well both of my brothers are gone but I do have that leather jacket I gave to my younger brother over 10 years ago. It’s sad when your presents are returned to you in that way–but I just remember the look in his eyes, how delighted he was to get this and I keep it just for those memories.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.