fbpx

Hobbies??

Home Forums Miscellany Community Hobbies??

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

So, really, really bored lately and other than trying to figure out where to go for college (artz school!!) I would like to get into something new. I like to paint & draw (I don’t think i’m great, but its a matter of opinion…), I do upkeep on our container flowers, I read, and I would try to get into beading, but sometimes I lose interest (inspiration!) and sometimes it gets expensive… any ideas on hobbies/boredom busters?? Perferrably something I can put down for later work?

Knitting. Stamp collecting. Coin collecting. Any kind of collecting. Internet researching (on collections) Painting. Creative writing. Take a summer class in dancing or photography. Pen pals. Volunteering. Rug making. Rock hunting. Jewelry making. Scrapbooking. Card making. Pressed flowers. Baking goodies for the fire and police and hospitals, including convalescent homes. Volunteering at an elementary school to help an overworked underhelped teachers. Help organize an event for a favorite charity. Help out at an animal shelter. Spend some time with neglected teenagers, like teaching them something you know about, ie, cooking, guitar, organizing stuff, etc. Volunteer to be a Big Brother or Sister. Most of all, find something you are passionate about or always wanted to do or find out about and do that. You won’t always have all this delicious time on your hands, might as well use it for something you really want to do or find out about. Good luck!!!

I do chainmaille, but that gets kind of expensive as well…..

LadyFirebird
    Participant

I do crocheting and it’s nice because I can put it down and when I finish the project, I have a nice item to use. Right now I’m working on a couple of afghans–one I plan to give away as a Christmas present. Since I don’t have too much money right now, making my own gifts is so enjoyable because it is so personal. I did macrame at one time as well and you can make plant holders, hanging chairs, tables, jewelry and such. So many things you could do that wouldn’t be that expensive.

Jennifer
      Keymaster

If you are looking for an out of the house hobby, Geocaching is my favorite. πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

Purplecat
        Participant

Cake decorating can come in handy, and can lead to job openings later. Or, you can get a part time position and get training on site…but I dunno if it’s a hobby then….or maybe a hobby that pays you, depends on how you look at it. πŸ™‚

Apari
          Participant

Jennifer wrote:

If you are looking for an out of the house hobby, Geocaching is my favorite. πŸ™‚

I was going to say the exact same thing! What’s your user on there? I haven’t been caching in a while but was going to try and start back up this summer.
            Great way to spend the evening and it’s free to do. Other that buying a GPS

Jennifer
            Keymaster

sagiaparri wrote:

Jennifer wrote:

I was going to say the exact same thing! What’s your user on there? I haven’t been caching in a while but was going to try and start back up this summer.

I’m Nambroth on there. I had a lapse of a few years where I couldn’t geocache but I’m getting back into it again. πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
              My art: featherdust.com

Jasmine
              Participant

Volunteering always looks good on a resume. And if there are any animal shelters around you, they always need people to play and walk the dogs.

Rachel
                Participant

sagiaparri wrote:

Jennifer wrote:

My BF has been taking me out geocaching with him. Our phones (Android-based) can be used as a GPS with a free app. It has all kinds of features, so it’s really nice not having to get a separate GPS.

Bob

I do WAY too much voluneeer work
                    I’m working on starting my own business though and that could end up taking up a LOT of the little amount of free time I have

I almost forgot about this thread… 😳 Thanks DM.

I’m looking up any places for geo! It sounds fun! πŸ™‚

It’s weird. I love animals, I want to make sure they get good homes, I WANT to help, I WANT to go to an animal shelter…. OH LOOK!!! A KITTY!!!! Can I has….?? πŸ˜₯ I’m just too attached. A senior center I would go to, but what if I make this awesome friendship reading to this guy who’s bedridden and I find an empty bed…. & Hospitals give me chills. For some reason I had this weird idea that they did secret unknown experiments on their patients and tell my family I died and take my body instead and….. I have really scary wierd dreams… and a huge imagination… 😳

one of my new found hobbies is ATCs and ACEOs.

ATCs are Artist Trading Cards. Small pieces of artwork (strictly 2.5″x3.5″) created solely to trade with other artists of all skill levels. Lots cool communities on the web like IllustratedATCs http://www.illustratedatcs.com and ATCsforAll http://www.atcsforall.com

ACEOs are Artist Cards Editions and Originals. Same as ATCs but created for sale (also 2.5″x3.5″). These are a big deal on ebay. I’ve already got quite a collection in the last couple months.

Its a cheaper thing to collect and be a part of than say.. I dunno… maybe certain fantasy collectibles. XD lol. Its been keeping me busy both buying and creating.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.