fbpx

Hippocampus X3-last pg

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Hippocampus X3-last pg

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 1,302 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

What brand / type are the ‘shift’ color paints? Are they made by Golden, Liquitex or another line?
      I’d love to try painting with them.

I get mine off Ebay.I use Jacquard,Pearl-Ex and random other sellers depending on what they have.This color was a happy accident but I didn’t realize how much I would like,got only a little and I regret it now.Very little left of it.At the time I didn’t think to get the name except on the bottle all that was written was nano-flakes.Try them,I love it.You can blend and layer colors seamlessly. 😉 I have pink/gold,green/russet{?},blue/pink and green/yellow.If you would like a sample before investing in them,I can send you a little.Just pm me.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

etruscan
      Participant

What brand / type are the ‘shift’ color paints? Are they made by Golden, Liquitex or another line?

I get mine off Ebay.I use Jacquard,Pearl-Ex and random other sellers depending on what they have.This color was a happy accident but I didn’t realize how much I would like,got only a little and I regret it now.Very little left of it.At the time I didn’t think to get the name except on the bottle all that was written was nano-flakes.Try them,I love it.You can blend and layer colors seamlessly. 😉 I have pink/gold,green/russet{?},blue/pink and green/yellow.If you would like a sample before investing in them,I can send you a little.Just pm me.

You should be able to find the name of the paint if it was included in the ebay title and you bought it in the last three years. Just go to your ebay “Purchase History” page and click on Archived (at the top of the list). It will let you look at titles of auctions you won in 2013, 2012, and 2011. You can see the purchase price too.

Bodine
        Participant

You should be able to find the name of the paint if it was included in the ebay title and you bought it in the last three years. Just go to your ebay “Purchase History” page and click on Archived (at the top of the list). It will let you look at titles of auctions you won in 2013, 2012, and 2011. You can see the purchase price too.

No can do.It was a couple of years ago and under Jeff’s account.We don’t remember his info and let it close so,sorry.I have looked and looked for it but can’t find anything close to it.

Bodine
          Participant

The green one is available. 🙂

Hey Bodine —
            Are these the correct Pearl Ex pigments? I found them on the DickBlick.com site – don’t know if the price is better than what you paid on eBay, but they may be worth checking out: http://www.dickblick.com/products/jacquard-pearl-ex-pigments/

Also, another forum post in the PYO forum section mentioned the “Lumiere by Jacquard” metallac acrylic paints, which I also found on DickBlick: http://www.dickblick.com/products/jacquard-lumiere-acrylics/

I’m going to test them out on a Muse I have yet to paint.
            🙂

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
            Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Bodine
            Participant

Does anyone know is this for real or photo shopped? Can’t tell nowadays.I love it! :bigsmile:
              Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Bodine
              Participant

Here is Peacock Eye II finished except for horn,gems and pad.Going to a new home. 😉 Thanks for looking.
                These are with and w/o flash.Purple and blue interference has been added on top of the green color shift.On a turning wheel this one would be very pretty and unique. 🙂
                The blue one is almost dried and can ship this weekend.With all the rain here it is still slightly tacky.

The green one is very nice too!

I’m sure they are stunning in person. 🙂

Life is beautiful.

Congratulations! Peacock Eye II is beautiful 🙂 I’m glad for you and so…sad…for me that it sold so quickly :(( It would have looked nice on my bedside table… Maybe when the PYO unicorns are available again…??? 😉 Seriously, very nice work, Bodine! I look forward to your next piece.

Bodine
                Participant

Thanks much and anytime we can get together on one Rock-Reader,let’s do it! 😉

Bodine
                  Participant

Here are Peacock Eye I & II finished.They will be sent out by Monday.They are still hardening.With all the moisture hanging in the air it is taking drying time a little longer,sorry,humidity bites.
                    Thank you to the members for giving them new homes.I hope you will be pleased with them. :love:
                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic with flash
                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic without.Showing color changes.

They are Both Beautiful! 🙂

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                    Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                    Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                    *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Kathleen
                    Participant

WOW Gorgeous! 😀

Bodine
                      Participant

WOW Gorgeous! 😀

😉

Prezaurian
                        Participant

Oh those unicorns are just absolutely smashing! I especially like the blue one. There is something about how you applied the color that makes it look deeper. The only place I’ve seen that before is with cars. When it’s done on a car it’s called Tri Coat. It always gives the color a luminosity and depth. So getting the effect on a small Windstone is pretty amazing and awesome looking.

I’m definitely going to have to pick up some color shift paint to try with my interference paints now. Squee!

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 1,302 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.