fbpx

"Hidden" Auctions

Home Forums Miscellany Community "Hidden" Auctions

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author

I actually did that about 15 minutes before I found this thread. I did have “M-O-O-N, that spells DRAGON!!” πŸ˜†

I’d seen that, and of course my first thought was Tom Cullen! I kind of figured that’s where it came from. πŸ˜†
    Funny, I just saw The Stand again a couple of nights ago, too.

I think Stand By Me just spent a record 2 weeks in the DVD player. 😯 I just kept hitting play everytime I sat down to paint, or go to bed. That is ofcourse as long as it wasn’t Monday Tuesday or Wednesday night…Monday=Bones, and House…Tuesday=American Idol, and Hell’s Kitchen…Wednesday=AI results show. πŸ˜† (Man, David A had a crappy night lastnight. It wasn’t as if he didn’t have enough pressure, but take his Dad from him, and stress him out even more. πŸ™„ He’s got a beautiful voice for having damaged his vocal cords when he was younger, but he’s still just a kid. Although, I think what the dad did and caused so much havok with, was just plain WRONG. πŸ‘Ώ But, he did sing a Billy Joel song.*swoon*)
    Anyway, I have almost all of the moies made of his books, and every SK book in hardback, but Danse Macbre, I am not paying $200 for a hardback of that. I didn’t much care for it like I did “On Writing” anyway. πŸ˜‰ (The most I paid was $40 for a first edition of the Creepshow comic book/Plume edition.It’s pretty cool! πŸ˜€ )And, I also got a copy of the 6 part book, “The Plant” that was released on the net for a short time. πŸ˜€ (I really want an SK! Not just for her beauty but for her initials too! 😳 )

Andrea
    Participant

The set of Green Mile books was rediculous! While I loved the story… Instead of paying $7.99 for 1 normal sized book, I got to spend $4.99 on what…7 tiny books???
      That really made me mad! Did he need to by a new car or what? Looking for that second house maybe? That was a rip-off!

I didn’t do the web book thing; and truth to tell, I had forgotten all about that. 😳 The Green Mile I had as 1 book, and actually enjoyed the movie version, oddly enough. I don’t as a rule like the way King’s books translate into movies. For one thing, I get WAAAAAAaaaaay too critical, since I know nearly all of his books by heart. And anything less than exactly the same just kinda ticks me off. The all-time blue ribbon stinker for me was the first attempt at The Shining: the one with Jack Nicholson and Scatman Cruthers. I mean Halloran the cook was the HERO in the book, and they kill him off in the movie?!?!? 😯 πŸ‘Ώ

Phoenix wrote:

The set of Green Mile books was rediculous! While I loved the story… Instead of paying $7.99 for 1 normal sized book, I got to spend $4.99 on what…7 tiny books???
      That really made me mad! Did he need to by a new car or what? Looking for that second house maybe? That was a rip-off!

I have 2 copies of the single book version. The plume softback though. If you’d like one and don’t have it, let me know. πŸ˜€ It has the hard slipcase.
      I too paid for them, still have the seperate ones. The story behind those was that he wanted to do it the way it was done many years ago. They were called “pocket-books”. Not like our checkbooks, but not unlike them either(As that they fit into your pocket.). He told the story about them somewhere, it’s just been a long time since I saw it. Anyway, it was common for authors during the time period to split the stories and make them like “chapter play” movies. They would publish one book a month or somewhere in there, and they would run so many books in each story. Sort of a neat Idea though. But much easier to read in the larger single books. πŸ˜€

tasgrs wrote:

I didn’t do the web book thing; and truth to tell, I had forgotten all about that. 😳 The Green Mile I had as 1 book, and actually enjoyed the movie version, oddly enough. I don’t as a rule like the way King’s books translate into movies. For one thing, I get WAAAAAAaaaaay too critical, since I know nearly all of his books by heart. And anything less than exactly the same just kinda ticks me off. The all-time blue ribbon stinker for me was the first attempt at The Shining: the one with Jack Nicholson and Scatman Cruthers. I mean Halloran the cook was the HERO in the book, and they kill him off in the movie?!?!? 😯 πŸ‘Ώ

I think the worst slaughter was the Lawnmower Man…Not even close. πŸ™„ πŸ˜† (But I still have the stupid thing don’t I?) *Nods* πŸ˜†
      The only bad thing is the times he doesn’t really hang with the director and the screenplay writer half-@ss reads the book…They have to cut the parts that are fluff, not the good stuff.
      My all time favorite book though has got to be Insomnia, as far as a single book. πŸ˜€ I just love Ralph!

Insomnia was good! And I don’t think I ever saw the Lawnmower Man because I saw the trailers for it, and knew right away it wasn’t going to have even a passing resemblance to the story.
      Children of the Corn was another one that could’ve been better. And let’s not forget Maximum Overdrive! πŸ˜† ….on second thought, better make that LET’S forget that one. It was pretty lame, too. πŸ˜‰

Dreamcatcher wasn’t bad; it followed the book fairly well. I didn’t care for Hearts in Atlantis, so if that one is a movie, I haven’t seen it.
      And what about The Langoliers? Remember them? I think that might have been a first attempt at computer animation…..it was scary, but not for the reason THEY wanted it to be. 😯
      I like a lot of his short stories. I think I read Night Shift to total tatters. And I did like Creepshow: “Tell ’em to call you Billie! Everyone does!” πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰

Andrea
      Participant

Nightshift “Granma” was a great story! The Boogyman scared the Poop out of me! I still can’t sleep with closet doors open!

Skeleton Crew and the story about the shipwreck and the guy was a Dr. who was dealing drugs and ended up eating his foot 😯 Great story!

The one with the astronaut that orbited Venus, and ended up with the eyes in his fingers–I can’t remember the name of that one…..but that one was good. And The Mangler!! Ooh! OOH! That one scared the poop out of me. And a couple of years after I read that, I was working in a hospital as a boiler operator. On my first day, I took a tour of the hospital with the lead engineer, to see who our “customers” were that needed steam from the powerhouse. The tour took me through the laundry, and the guy giving the tour had pointed to a huge piece of machinery and said “That’s the Mangler”…. 😯 I must’ve given him a total deer in the headlights look, because he looked at me kind of funny. THAT scared the hell out of me, and I never did go back to the laundry ever. I always hoped they’d never have to call me down to repair anythng there, because I don’t think I’d have been able to hold a wrench on anything. πŸ˜•

I think one of my all time favorite short stories by him was the one with the word processor. Word Processor of the Gods. It was in Skeleton Crew. If you typed a sentence, and hit insert, what ever you’d inserted would just be. And if you typed something, then deleted it, you deleted whatever that was. That one has potential to be made into a good movie.

Jasmine
        Participant

Hey WC, do you think you could possibly email me a copy of the Plant. I got up to part 5 and then they stop the release. I was soooo pissed. πŸ‘Ώ

tasgrs wrote:

Insomnia was good! And I don’t think I ever saw the Lawnmower Man because I saw the trailers for it, and knew right away it wasn’t going to have even a passing resemblance to the story.
          Children of the Corn was another one that could’ve been better. And let’s not forget Maximum Overdrive! πŸ˜† ….on second thought, better make that LET’S forget that one. It was pretty lame, too. πŸ˜‰

Dreamcatcher wasn’t bad; it followed the book fairly well. I didn’t care for Hearts in Atlantis, so if that one is a movie, I haven’t seen it.
          And what about The Langoliers? Remember them? I think that might have been a first attempt at computer animation…..it was scary, but not for the reason THEY wanted it to be. 😯
          I like a lot of his short stories. I think I read Night Shift to total tatters. And I did like Creepshow: “Tell ’em to call you Billie! Everyone does!” πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰

ROFLMAO!!! Maximum Overdrive…One of my favorite B movies! πŸ˜† (Actually the screenplay was written by SK himself! And he directed it! 😯 He does a cute little story of explanation before the film begins on the DVD. And says it’s too bad if you don’t like it his way basically. πŸ˜† ) I thought Trucks was worse. πŸ˜›

I was gonna quote Jonsey in my sig next…”I think I’ll file that in my, Who Gives $h1t section of my memory warehouse.” πŸ˜†
          Hopkins made Hearts in Atlantis, but I like the guy who played the Grown up version (Also Brutus Howell on Green Mile…And the pilot in the Langoliers(Yeah, that movie was some kind of messed up, but good in a weird way. πŸ˜† )
          But yeah, Creepshow will ALWAYS be a classic! πŸ˜€ “Verrill luck, always in, always bad.”

Thinner was a bit different though…I don’t remember the book, guess I will have to read it again after I finish Insomnia again, and then Duma Key…I just got that one for Mother’s Day! πŸ˜€

Tasgrs, do you read anything from Dean Koontz or John Saul? πŸ™‚

Jasmine
          Participant

Duma Key was very good. I’m glad he’s getting back to the horror/supernatural type stories. Didn’t like Blaze though.

Blaze was sorta, so-so. I liked the story line, but it just wasn’t like his other stuff.

WOrd Processor of the Gods!!! That was bomb! Wish I could do that in real life, maybe my PC and I would get along better. πŸ˜†

Yeah, I loved the Mangler. I haven’t seen one of the industrial laundries, but I hope to one day, I want to know if they really looked like that. That was one creepy machine in the movie. 😯 (But I love how it folded Freddy at the end… πŸ˜† )
            How about Dolan’s Cadillac in Nightmares and Dreamscapes? I have had people I wished I could do that to. 😈
            I had issues with the toilet and sink for about a month after reading the Moving Finger. I couldn’t go in there wihtout opening the lid and looking into the bowl first. πŸ˜› Or stand at the sink without looking into the drain(Yes, it is missing the plug mechanism). Oh and don’t forget Chattery Teeth. πŸ˜€

I also liked Storm of the Century. “Give me what I want, and I’ll go away.” πŸ˜†

I also called all the smokers at my last job the “Ten’o’Clock People”. πŸ˜† (Plus last break was at 10 p.m.)

BTW…”Beep Beep Richie!! BEEP BEEP!” πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Chattery Teeth!!! OMG, YES! LMAO! I thought that one was pretty good. I can still see those things with their spats. My uncle had a set of those when I was little that used to give me the creepies back then. Hmmm….maybe he’s responsible for the way I am now? πŸ˜† My grandmother had full dentures, and thought those things were the cat’s pajama’s.
            Dolans Cadillac was good, too. Sometimes I think the stories he does that aren’t about some weird supernatural thing can be scarier, like Misery, because there ARE people out there like that. 😯
            On the Mangler, I don’t think I’ve seen that one in the movies, but truthfully, my imagination was quite enough to conjure up what it looked like from the book. I can see the blue electric eyes when it ate the hi voltage feed wires…. 😯 Seeing one in real life just kind of confirmed what I thought I saw. brrrrrr πŸ˜›
            How about From a Buick 8? Now, THERE was a really weird one. πŸ˜† I’ve read Koontz, but don’t remember the titles…ditto on the John Saul. I can’t remember what I had for lunch some days…. πŸ™„ “SSdd”….. πŸ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.