fbpx

Help!!! Anyone want boxes, packing peanuts?

Home Forums Administration Flea Market Help!!! Anyone want boxes, packing peanuts?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author

I have a whole roomful of Windstone boxes that go from floor to ceiling and 3 deep, and 15 huge bags of packing peanuts. I have to get rid of them so I can use the space. They are the formed boxes that Windstone sends the pieces in and the packing peanuts are from there also. I hate throwing out either of these because I know how expensive the PP are ($28 for a little bag of PP in Staples!) and that the boxes are highly prized by us to move the Windstones around the “areas of Windstone influence!” So if anyone wants a Windstone box, and is willing to pay for the shipping, they can have the box(es) for free. I need to get rid of them very soon, maybe I can delay the dumping until next weekend, but if anyone wants one, please let me know asap so I can reserve it from the destruction. Same with the peanuts. I’m in California, so you can calculate shipping costs from 95928 to wherever you are for an empty box and see if it is worth it to you. I can even load the box with packing peanuts which would barely affect the cost of the shipping.
    I really don’t want to destroy good boxes but I’m desperate!!

BreyerRose
    Participant

Have you heard of FREECYCLE.ORG? You can find your local chapter of it at the following link:
      http://www.freecycle.org/
      The Freecycle Networkâ„¢ is made up of 4,745 groups with 6,732,000 members across the globe. It’s a grassroots and entirely nonprofit movement of people who are giving (& getting) stuff for free in their own towns. It’s all about reuse and keeping good stuff out of landfills. Each local group is moderated by a local volunteer (them’s good people). Membership is free. To sign up, find your community by entering it into the search box at the home site. In my area, I have personally received lots of packing peanuts and foam from those who offered it. In return, I’ve offered spay and neuter discount certificates, a basketball goal, pet supplies and a swing set. I bet you could get folks to come and take away all of those packing materials, and they would not end up in a landfill either! Good luck.

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

Hmm… I’m trying to think if I need boxes for anything…

I think I need Oriental Sun boxes and a Male Griffin box… um… maybe an Old Warrior box, maybe not…and for some strange reason I have more PYO’s then I have boxes for them too 😕

I’ll have to double check to make sure

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

I could use some of your boxes if you don’t need them, I can make a list of the one’s I need!

Jodi
        Participant

I would be interested in the packing peanuts, but I’m afraid the cost of shipping them will outweigh the advantage of free peanuts. I can get a big bag here for about $18, so if it’s more than that, it’s not worth it. You will need to know the size of the container to figure out shipping, so if you can give me that, and the weight, I will look it up and see if it’s worth it.

emerald212 wrote:

I can get a big bag here for about $18, so if it’s more than that, it’s not worth it.

To send one of those 15 cubic-foot bags via UPS Ground would cost somewhere between $100 and $150. You couldn’t mail it at all through the Post Office because it’s too big.

The only way to make it cost effective to transport peanuts, other than as actual packaging for something more valuable, is to do it yourself.

Melissa
          Participant

If you have an extra OW box available, I’d love it. (‘Brilliantly’ tossed my Emeralds box all those years ago). There’s also a few other types I wouldn’t mind having. I’ll PM a possible list in a few hours. 🙂

WOW! I got 18 responses in less than 24 hours! Well, my awesome granddaughter and her B/F came in from out of town to help me with this project ( I always have a project!) and we took all the boxes out of the “box room” and labeled them and listed them and sorted them. It took AGD (awesome grand daughter) and me 4 hours to do all that! (Her B/F vacuumed and shampooed the rugs and hung the owl sconce and moved all the furniture in the meantime!) I had over 175 boxes altogether and 148 have the formed inserts or are too little to need them.
            Now. When I first started collecting, I was dumping all the boxes and cutting off the tags. 😮 😳 until I started talking to you all on the forum. Then I decided I better not do that, so I just threw them into the “box room”. Then I got some help and stacked them neatly. So the collection isn’t as complete as It coulda/shoulda been. So some I have more of than others.
            I may not have the exact box the sculpt came in, but the smaller boxes can be interchanged with another one of the same kind and size. There are more requests for certain dragons than others, some people have big lists, others not so many. I will figure out a way to be as equitable as I can be and pm each of you. Some of the boxes are pretty specialized, like the stone cottage candlelamp or the wolf sconce. I will need some time to sort it all out and the kids (in their 20’s!) are coming back this week to help me finish the project. If there are more than one, I can pack them in bigger boxes, especially the littler ones. Thanks for the suggestions about the packing peanuts! I was going to send a HUGE bag of them that I had made ( the bag, not the peanuts!) out of parachute material that was light and VERY strong. The bag was about 5ft tall and as big around as I could reach. I took it to the PO and the price was completely out of the question, so I took it to fedex and got a much more reasonable doable price. So it’s not out of the question to ship them if you want them. It depends how far too, this was only in Southern California.
            Anyway, I appreciate the help with this from everyone and I will work on this tomorrow.

Bob

which ones do you have???
              I REALLY NEED an OW box with inserts!!
              I won one for Pam’s drawing and he was shipped to me wrapped in bubble wrap only. Not the way Windstone usually ships but it was right after the move and they still to this day have not found the inserts maker for the OW boxes. I’m also in NO CA so I would be happy to go get them. I might need more too like mouse wizard boxes to send 2 damaged mouse wizards to Kyrin
              Maybe more too???

PLEASE let me now!!
              I might just have to rent a U-haul truck and take them all!!!
              MMMUUUAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
              *plots and plans*!!!

Setsunawolf
              Participant

pm’d you

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                Sun Dragon Koi #3

Got any male griffin boxes left?

Windstone collector in remission. 😉

Hi, everyone!
                I’m working on 8 lists at present to get these out to you. There are a couple of things I want to say. I have 153 boxes that are available. Most of the small items came in boxes that weren’t preformed, they were just put in bags, wrapped in paper, then put in bigger boxes and packing peanuts and sent. Some of them varied a little in size, like the royal hatchers, but almost all of the boxes are interchangable, like Large Black Cat and Large White Cat. I can’t promise that the exact label will be on the box, but you can always change the label. The preformed ones will have the right form, but most probably not the exact label. For instance, the boxes for the males may have different names on them than the ones for your exact sculpt, but the forms will be the right ones.
                Also, I have a lot of other boxes that weren’t asked for that could be used for whatever you are packing. They are still good sturdy boxes that might need a little extra stuffing when you pack it. I will list the ones I have left when I’m through with the part I’m working on now. I will pm you for zips when I get them packed up. I work full time, so it may take me a little while.
                Have a great week! drgnlvr

153 boxes. Dang. You’re freeing up a lot of space getting rid of them. 😆

Syn

I have a lot of disjointed thoughts in no particular order: This is really nice of you; it would be so much easier to pitch all these boxes. This will be an awful lot of work sorting, matching to “want” lists, finding the right size mailing boxes, packing, emailing, addressing, hauling off to be mailed, etc. You must have more Windstones than the Windstone Store. Yes, you do have an awesome granddaughter; her boyfriend is no slouch either. I wonder how many boxes you would have if they had all been saved. Don’t forget to factor in the cost of packaging tape and any large boxes you might buy into the shipping charges. It would be interesting to see that room of boxes. I would like to see all the Windstones that actually came in the now empty boxes. I can’t believe the huge amount of work you are willingly taking on, in some cases for complete strangers. Your awesome granddaughter has an awesome grandmother.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.