fbpx

Have you ever…

Home Forums Miscellany Happy Thoughts Have you ever…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Sarah
    Participant

Sarah
      Participant

Have you ever been doing something repetitive, boring, or just not very enjoyable when for some reason you get the completely unrelated feeling that life is good?

For example, about a week ago I was heading home after a long, hard day at work when a series of of small revelations made me glow inside. As I was driving, I had the window down and realized how comfortable the air was for that time of day; not too hot, not too cold. I noticed how beautiful the sunset was. I recognized that, even though I’m 20 years old and still living with my parents, I had the good fortune of going home that evening and seeing my family, maybe even sitting down to play some video games with my awesome little sister.

It wasn’t like I had a particularly great day, in fact, it kind of sucked. So I wonder why, all of a sudden, I just felt like reflecting on all the good things in my life?

Have any of you ever had one of these random moments of contentment pop up out of nowhere?

Share!

twindragonsmum
        Participant

A lot of those times I contribute to the “what comes around goes around” theory. May seem a little silly but I find that on the days that aren’t going too well something will pop up that reminds me that life is good. If I keep contributing positive vibes to the universe they come back and help me out when I need them. I also have an incredibly ‘upbeat’ mum and one of the songs she taught her kids when we were young has also had a big impact on my life outlook. It goes something like this:

When upon life’s billows you are tempest tossed
          when you are discouraged thinking all is lost
          Count your many blessings, name them one by one
          and it will suprise you what the Lord has done.

It ‘s one I’ve taught me boyohs as well and there does seem to be less teenaged angst in our home when someone is singing or humming this song. What a great gift you received! Thanks for sharing it!

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

Sarah
          Participant

That sounds like a lovely song; I wish there was a way I could hear what the tune was like. πŸ™‚

And yes, it is a wonderful philosophy. Not one I’ve been taught, but every once in a while I find myself counting my blessings, and reminding myself that there are so many out there less fortunate than me.

We could use less teenage angst in this house, I can tell you. My poor parents; I just got done with the whole affair myself, and now my fourteen year old sister is starting in on them. Haha.

Great topic Kayami!!

LadyFirebird
            Participant

I agree–a fanastic topic! Too many times we could get weighed down with the anxieties that life brings. But amongst the turmoil, some bright spots do show up and it’s wonderful that you can recognize this. We definitely need more positive thoughts in the world and more kindess to others too! πŸ™‚

Anonymous

πŸ™‚

I see this was started on August 6th, and today is the 17th – SOOOoooooo not many people have contributed to their inspirational stories :/

Yes, I have had those moments of reasurrance from the Gods and Goddesses and am blessed, every time I smile I know I’m lucky. I can look out the car window at the clouds, rain or shine on any given day, and know I’m lucky and am happy for it. I look at any piece of nature, whether withered and dry or in full blooming glory, and I know how great it is or how great it was. Butterflies and birds, awful ants and creepy crawlies, make me wonder how did I end up being alive and having what I have – and wanting even more.

Then someone or something brings me down and I have to climb again! Some people are handed everything, and can’t seem to find the good in it and others don’t have but a drop but are thankful for the chance to catch the drip.

Great topic!

twindragonsmum
                Participant

Kayami wrote:

That sounds like a lovely song; I wish there was a way I could hear what the tune was like. πŸ™‚

And yes, it is a wonderful philosophy. Not one I’ve been taught, but every once in a while I find myself counting my blessings, and reminding myself that there are so many out there less fortunate than me.

We could use less teenage angst in this house, I can tell you. My poor parents; I just got done with the whole affair myself, and now my fourteen year old sister is starting in on them. Haha.

Hope this works…

http://lds.org/churchmusic/detailmusicPlayer/index.html?searchlanguage=1&searchcollection=1&searchseqstart=241&searchsubseqstart= &searchseqend=241&searchsubseqend=ZZZ

the link should open a page that has a copy of the written music and lyrics and in the upper left corner is a “play” button. Click on that and you should be able to hear the piano accompaniment πŸ˜€

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

Megan
                  Participant

This is a good topic πŸ™‚

I had a moment like this just this afternoon. Today was the first day of my senior year of college, and it wasn’t going so great because I was really tired and had a bad headache, and I’m kind of bummed that I had to work overtime every day last week, so I didn’t even get to enjoy a week free at the end of my summer “vacation.”

But today, when I was standing in the hallway in the English building waiting for class to start, I started watching the people walking by and noticing what everyone was wearing. A girl went by in a beautiful green summer dress. A boy walked by in National Guard attire. The girl across from me had on a purple skirt, blue tights, green high tops, and her backpack was covered in pop culture pins. I started thinking about how different we all are, how each person walking on this campus has a different life and different goals, but we’re all here getting the benefit of a higher education so we can pursue those goals. A lot of people don’t have the chance to even graduate from high school, let alone consider college, and I’m about to graduate from college with comparatively little in the way of dept.

So I felt very humbled, and went to class determined to enjoy it. (And I did!)

Carolyn
                    Participant

The other night I was feeling low and looked out and saw this beautiful sunset . It was stunning .

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.