fbpx

Happy Birthday The Great Goddess of Windstone 3/26

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Happy Birthday The Great Goddess of Windstone 3/26

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 199 total)
  • Author

Haha! Poor Barrdwing. I’ve never had sake, but I’ll take your word for it. πŸ˜†

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Sake is very good in small amounts, served hot. πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Not all sake is good hot. There’s a Nigori Sake that is served chilled that is rich and delicious. It’s not clear, though, it’s super-thick white with rice strands still in it. A real rush! πŸ˜›

Maebnus
      Participant

I still haven’t had sake yet. Though I’ve had flavored awamori… now, that’s good.

What is awamori?

purpledragonclaw wrote:

What is awamori?

and what’s sake too lol

Maebnus
        Participant

tatt2dcowgrl wrote:

purpledragonclaw wrote:

What is awamori?

and what’s sake too lol
          Well, simply put:
          They’re both alcoholic beverages made from rice. Sake is made by brewing (fermentation), while awamori is distilled. Awamori’s about twice as strong as sake. And it’s apparently unique to Okinawa (as opposed to mainland Japan), which I didn’t know until I moved here.

And I’m sure that, compared to other forms of alcohol, sake can hold its own. I just seem to lack the proper taste buds to enjoy any kind of alcohol! It all tastes like paint thinner to me.πŸ˜† Without any prior appreciation of alcohol in general, the sake never had a chance to win me over. πŸ˜‰

Every time there is an orange notice thingy that says I have a package I get super excited!! I can’t wait πŸ™‚ My birthday is Sunday so it will be like a birthday present!!! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

tatt2dcowgrl wrote:

Every time there is an orange notice thingy that says I have a package I get super excited!! I can’t wait πŸ™‚ My birthday is Sunday so it will be like a birthday present!!! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

And you will be posting pictures Right πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†
          Happy BD Early, I’m an April too πŸ˜€

Hey thanks πŸ™‚ When is your birthday? I will post pics as soon as I can snag a camera to borrow. I have one but I only bought it like 3ish years ago a digital I paid over $200 for and now it doesn’t even power on most of the time. Never been dropped or gotten wet or anything. Piece of crap lol it’s a Kodak Easyshare. I gave it away earlier this week to a friend who likes to mess with electronics. I’m contemplating buying a new one but don’t understand the differences and don’t have a ton of cash to drop on one

Mine was the 13th.
          Unless you plan on taking professional photos i wouldn’t stress too much. Even a cheap camera takes good pictures these days. I have a Sony I paid 500.00 for six years ago. It still works great. I got a Poloroid i830 on sale right after Christmas for around 120.00 and it works even better. (late present)
          It even has a pre set point and click feature for those who don’t want to go through the entire book before using their camera (like me πŸ˜‰ )
          I’ve got it all down now, sort of πŸ˜†

Laurie
          Participant

khat7 wrote:

Mine was the 13th.
            Unless you plan on taking professional photos i wouldn’t stress too much. Even a cheap camera takes good pictures these days. I have a Sony I paid 500.00 for six years ago. It still works great. I got a Poloroid i830 on sale right after Christmas for around 120.000 and it works even better. It even has a pre set point and click feature for those who don’t want to go through the entire book before using their camera (like me πŸ˜‰ )

remind me not to by an i830. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

khat7 wrote:

Mine was the 13th.
            Unless you plan on taking professional photos i wouldn’t stress too much. Even a cheap camera takes good pictures these days. I have a Sony I paid 500.00 for six years ago. It still works great. I got a Poloroid i830 on sale right after Christmas for around 120.000 and it works even better. It even has a pre set point and click feature for those who don’t want to go through the entire book before using their camera (like me πŸ˜‰ )

So you would recommend the i830 one? I had a kodak easyshare c330. I take pictures of mostly my pets LOL! But this one you would hold the button half way down until it focused itself and then click- well- by the time it did that whatever they were doing that was cute they were long gone. Even if they were walking- let alone try to take a picture of a running horse! My mom has an easyshare that’s I think 2 steps up from mine and I like hers better. I’m just too afraid to drop or break a camera and I really don’t use one *that* often that I can’t see spending $3 or $400 on one

tatt2dcowgrl wrote:

khat7 wrote:

Mine was the 13th.

So you would recommend the i830 one? I had a kodak easyshare c330. I take pictures of mostly my pets LOL! But this one you would hold the button half way down until it focused itself and then click- well- by the time it did that whatever they were doing that was cute they were long gone. Even if they were walking- let alone try to take a picture of a running horse! My mom has an easyshare that’s I think 2 steps up from mine and I like hers better. I’m just too afraid to drop or break a camera and I really don’t use one *that* often that I can’t see spending $3 or $400 on one

Well I’m no camera expert but I like mine πŸ˜€
            I take mostly pictures of my pets and horses too πŸ˜†
            I’m sure there are tons of great cameras out there that won’t break the bank! I would check out the features before I buy to see if it has what you’re looking for. For instance I can take movies with mine or clip motion shots. Three to eight snaps in a row for those running horses πŸ˜†
            I did splurge on a four Giga byte card last Feb. so I’d have plenty of space for movies. My kids were in an international karate tournament and this was much easier than lugging around my video camera. If I’m just taking photos and up loading to my computer the one gig card is plenty big enough and cheaper.

Your camera may have been set on auto focus. That would cause the delay while it focused in before you could shoot

There’s probably someone on her more knowledgeable than I am on cameras. I’m a keep it simple gal myself πŸ˜†

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 199 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.