fbpx

*groans* Can things get any worse?

Home Forums Miscellany Community *groans* Can things get any worse?

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Purplecat
    Participant

Pam Thompson wrote:

Grrrrr….. The online claims still will not let me through. I have a UPS account!!! *smacks computer* I called UPS, but could not get much help there. They said I will need to get the place that actually shipped the package to start a trace (someplace called Jet Hardware). So I called THEM, and never got an answer. I will keep trying. In the meantime, here are some pics of my poor lost Green Tree Python babies:

I wish I had never let them go. They were the first two I ever finished, and my favorites by far. Bloody hard to make. The egg one is less than 2″ long, and their heads are only about the length of the average fingernail. If they don’t get found, I know my parents are going to end up blaming me, as if there was something I could have done to magically prevent UPS from loosing my stuff….

Oooh, they remind me of my son’s book “Verdi” written by Janell Cannon!!!! So cute!! 😀

Pegasi1978
      Participant

Another thing to keep in mind with using USPS is the size of the box you are using. If the box is over a certain size they charge you based on the size of the box in addition to the weight. When I shipped my griffin to Kyrin for repairs the outer box was 18x18x16 and weighed just at 9 lbs. 3.4 oz. I shipped it Parcel Post (since there was no rush on it getting there) with insurance at it cost just over $30.

Pam Thompson wrote:

Oh happy day!!! UPS found my package and it was succesfully delivered to the buyer’s house. Buyer liked the snakes so much that he has decided to order some more!

*happy dance*

I am shipping USPS next time.

I glad they found it, but don’t jump ship too fast. Lost packages are an unavoidable part of the shipping industry and have to happen to somebody. Sadly, this it happened to you. But remember if this had happened with USPS the package could have been lost forever! And USPS insurance is a hassle… They really don’t like to pay up.

Pam

USPS is charging me less for shipping than UPS, according to the online shipping calculations. I’m going to pay for signature confirmation as well. What would you all suggest?

Bob

Pam Thompson wrote:

Oh happy day!!! UPS found my package and it was succesfully delivered to the buyer’s house. Buyer liked the snakes so much that he has decided to order some more!

*happy dance*

I am shipping USPS next time.
            THIS IS GREAT NEWS!!!!!!

Bob

Pam Thompson wrote:

USPS is charging me less for shipping than UPS, according to the online shipping calculations. I’m going to pay for signature confirmation as well. What would you all suggest?

I would say PERFECT!!
              When I have Windstone ship me things I do it this way. It costs me a little more but I have NEVER had any problems. Nor when I have had my Windstones sent from Denise at Mist Harbor in Vegas.

Maria
              Participant

I’m glad your work wasn’t lost, Pam. Congrats on the new orders, too.

Jodi
                Participant

I always go USPS. Signature confirmation is a good deal and works for tracking.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.