fbpx

*groans* Can things get any worse?

Home Forums Miscellany Community *groans* Can things get any worse?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Pam

Sorry to bother you all with my tales of woe again. I have been working very hard on some snake sculptures to help pay off dept on my emperor dragon. I finally got two very beautiful sculpts shipped out for about $140. Which was very cheap actually, since the sculptures took a very long time to make and were gorgeous, even to me. So anyway, I got the check in from the guy, and shipped the snakes. He says he will tell me when they arrive. One week goes by, then half a week. I finally found the package tracking number, and looked it up just out of curiousity. According to UPS tracking, my package was confimed delivered to this person’s front porch a mere two days after I shipped it (shipped July 16th, delivered the 18th). I contacted the buyer, and he said he has been home every day since I shipped the package and he never got it. I emailed UPS about it. Has this ever happened to anyone here before? Is it possible UPS tracking made a mistake and the package is still on its way? It was a large box, and even I have trouble thinking that it could have been delivered via UPS ground in only 2 days. I am very worried. My dad is going to be p***d if he finds out. He wasn’t happy that I got that emperor, and he wasn’t happy that I sold those two snakes for only $140. I feel like crying. How can it be lost? I get packages all the time with no problem, but the one time I try to SHIP something, it all goes wrong. I wouldn’t care If I was rich, but this is the first time I have ever tried to make money on my own, and I live off of a $200 a year allowance otherwise.

Pam

Maria
        Participant

That’s awful! I can’t offer any advice, but I really hope the package turns u and is safely delivered! *hugs*

Pam Thompson wrote:

I emailed UPS about it. Has this ever happened to anyone here before? Is it possible UPS tracking made a mistake and the package is still on its way?

It is most likely that the package was delivered as stated. However, unless you specifically requested that the package be left without needing to be signed for, it’s UPS’s risk, not yours. And even if you did not pay for full insurance on the package, you are still insured for $100.00 plus the shipping cost.

Did you file an on-line claim for “missing package”? If not, you should call UPS and file a claim.

I have had a number of packages mislaid over the years, but none have gone permanently missing except for one where the package was delivered and the person who received it put it down to go do something before taking it inside and a neighborhood kid stole it. If your package was stolen before it was accepted by the addressee, you should still be able to get the money back from the claim.

Oh. And edited to add: Make sure the person you sent it to checks with anyone else in the house, and with neighbors. I’ve had packages not received because someone else brought it in, put it in a corner, and forgot about it.

wolflodge100
          Participant

I’m sorry Pam! I have had 2 packages marked as delivered and found out later they were stolen! One out of my mailbox and one off my front porch! Thats why delivery confermation is worthless. I have everything shipped to my work now. You might check on the policy they have for packages that “disappear” I wish you luck!

Skigod377
            Participant

I am sorry. I cant help, but I hope the package turns up. 🙁

Jodi
              Participant

I hope it turns up too. 🙁 Sorry.

Participant

I’ve had that issue once with UPS and once with Fed-Ex. We have manufactured home parks here on the same street and the address numbers were off by 2 digits. One was 1199 and the other was 1166. So I had to go to the other park to the same house number to find my package sitting on their front porch. It might be a screw-up like that. However, after a week and a half there should have been a call to UPS to re-deliver the package. (Unless the people use a back door as their main entrance to the house, then they may not see that something is on the front porch.) I would start the missing package report. Did you have it insured for the total $140 plus shipping?

Let us know what you find out.

Pam

I am still trying to file a claim. The online form doesn’t want to accept my account number.

I did not have the package insured for the full $140 😡 I have gotten packages through UPS so many times, never ever having had a problem, that I firgured the chances of that package getting lost were next to nothing, and so I chose not to waste my time with full insurance. *rips hair out*

Pam Thompson wrote:

I am still trying to file a claim. The online form doesn’t want to accept my account number.

To file a claim on-line you’ll need to register your information. If you have already done this but the system doesn’t recognise your account I’m not sure what to suggest you do. Register again?

The page you’ll need to get to is:
                    https://wwwapps.ups.com/webClaims/create?loc=en_US&report_type=1
                    But if that fails, just call them on the customer service line at 1-800-PICK-UPS (742-5877)

Pam

Grrrrr….. The online claims still will not let me through. I have a UPS account!!! *smacks computer* I called UPS, but could not get much help there. They said I will need to get the place that actually shipped the package to start a trace (someplace called Jet Hardware). So I called THEM, and never got an answer. I will keep trying. In the meantime, here are some pics of my poor lost Green Tree Python babies:

I wish I had never let them go. They were the first two I ever finished, and my favorites by far. Bloody hard to make. The egg one is less than 2″ long, and their heads are only about the length of the average fingernail. If they don’t get found, I know my parents are going to end up blaming me, as if there was something I could have done to magically prevent UPS from loosing my stuff….

Maria
                      Participant

They’re so pretty, Pam! I hope they’re not permanently lost. 🙁

I hope they turn up. Awesome snakes!

Participant

That is really cool! What are the snakes made out of?

Do you do those on commission?

Those are cool snakes. I have had this happen with UPS one time. I ordered a guitar for my bf for x-mas and I checked the number and it said it was delivered. I checked all around my house and I couldn’t find it. Mind you it was around $400 for it. Luckly I received a phone call the next day from a person who had called all around trying to find my number and he found my sister’s number instead. He told me that I had a package there for me. I left my sister’s house and picked it up. UPS had delivered it to the right number, but wrong street. Also last week, I received a package that had someone else’s name on it. I looked at the address again and it had the correct street on it but the last 2 numbers were switched. I delivered it to the correct address. So I would ask that person if they have simular addresses around their area and check to see if those people have the package. I hope you find the missing snakes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.