fbpx

Greetings, friends!

Home Forums Miscellany Introductory and Welcoming Area Greetings, friends!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Nicole
    Participant

Hello hello~ I’m Nicole and I’m super glad to be here. I’ve always loved mythical creatures and have been a fan of Windstone sculptures since I was a kid. I’ve only just started into the world of collecting them, though.

My first Windstone piece was a male sitting unicorn that I named Frank. Frank came to me at a garage sale, believe it or not, and I was basically the happiest camper in the world when I took him home. It was as if he’d found me instead of the other way around!

Unfortunately, Frank recently met an untimely end when my mom dropped him and broke his legs and tail off. I reassembled him as best as I could, but he’s still missing some pretty big chunks so I’m going to try and sculpt in the parts that are missing (mostly around his tail and back hoof area) and fix him up. Wish me luck!

Anyway, ever since Frank’s sad accident, I’ve thought more and more about collecting in earnest and the first step for me to that end is getting more involved with this lovely community. So hey, how’s it going? It’s great to meet you all. You look fantastic, by the way, I love what you’ve done with your hair.

Stormbringer777
      Participant

HELLO!!! 🙂 Welcome to a GREAT forum with AWESOME people! Have fun! 😉

Nicole
        Participant

Thank you! I am super excited!

rock-reader
          Participant

So good to have you joining us! This is a fun group and…

by the way, do you like Skittles?

Kim
            Blocked

Hello and welcome! Have you had a chance to explore and checks out the different forum threads and classified ads? There are some threads on how to fix broken pieces too which is helpful. It’s a lot to explore on here but it’s great and if you have any questions everyone is very friendly and helpful here!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

phantomess
              Participant

Welcome and good luck with growing your collection. Make sure you check out the Repairs section, if you haven’t yet! Sounds like it could be helpful to you!

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

Hi **waves**. Welcome to the forum and enjoy!! We’re all pretty friendly so jump on in 🙂

Falcolf
                Participant

Welcome to this awesome forum Lady Sif and congrats on your new addition! 😀

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Bodine
                  Participant

Howdy,you are most welcome!! 🙂

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                    (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                    Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Nicole
                    Participant

Rock-reader, I do enjoy me some skittles, but I dislike it very much when people pull pranks and stick them to my armor. That just grinds my gears, y’know?

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I feel like part of the family already! I have peeked into the repair forum and I got a few ideas of where to begin with repairing Frank. I also just got an old green male dragon on ebay. He’s slightly chipped up so I’m going to repair him as well.

Nicole
                      Participant

Thanks, Folcolf, I’m eagerly anticipating his arrival! I think I’ll name him Gary. (Or not, idk, but Gary and Frank would be quite a pair!) And thanks everyone for the kind welcome. :’)

Erin
                        Participant

Hello there! Welcome! I am fairly new myself, but so far I have been having a grand time lurking in the forums. 😉 I am trying to be more active, but more often than not, I just enjoy reading through the posts and (internet browser) window shopping.

Good luck with fixing up Frank. Post photos of your before and after. 🙂

twindragonsmum
                          Participant

Nice to meet you and welcome to the madhouse! Skittles can always be found in the poad egg thread… (and passes the bag :bigsmile: )

twindragonsmum 🙂

tdm

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.