fbpx

grayfire pyo batch (finished dragon pg #24)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone grayfire pyo batch (finished dragon pg #24)

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 365 total)
  • Author

*whimpers* Absolutely wonderful Grayfire! 😮

Maria
    Participant

Oh. My. Goodness. Those pinions are… *shuts up for lack of sufficiantly flattering phraseology*
      Duuuude.

lamortefille
      Participant

grayfire artz wrote:

yeah it did, you would be surprised how long the little detail work can take, usually i would space work like that out but i didn’t want to stop just in case my hand decided not to do the delicate work later. i’m still training my hand muscles.

My hand hurts just thinking about it! In case you read it fast, I said I can believe it. I didn’t know if that was misunderstood. 😉

I saw the new pix, he is stunning.

Gorgeous painting work!! 😮

Grayfire_artz
        Participant

lamortefille wrote:

grayfire artz wrote:

yeah it did, you would be surprised how long the little detail work can take, usually i would space work like that out but i didn’t want to stop just in case my hand decided not to do the delicate work later. i’m still training my hand muscles.

My hand hurts just thinking about it! In case you read it fast, I said I can believe it. I didn’t know if that was misunderstood. 😉

I saw the new pix, he is stunning.
          oh lol i did read that fast 😳 😀 😀

KoishiiKitty
          Participant

you should see what it looks like finished. i’m stairing at it right now.

LadyFirebird
            Participant

I like it now–wanna see finished pictures! Beautiful job–just beautiful! Just no words for it! 😮 😀

Heather
              Participant

Holy cow, grayfire, those wings are incredible! 😮 I absolutely love the effects you’ve created here. This has to be one of the best renderings of feather patterning I’ve ever seen, and good grief you chose pheasant: my eyes are crossing just thinking about it. I absolutely love the way you chose to put that beautiful russet and interference edging against a patterning in grays and then pulled in some red-browns elsewhere in the piece, and of course those red eyes look fantastic with this kind of accompaniment. The eyespots on the neck feathers make a great contrast. Extremely nice work on this griffin! 😀

machineguts
                Participant

What Barrdwing said, and ditto on those red eyes! That color looks fantastic with the contrasting greys and brighter colors on the feathers. This is one awesome piece. 🙂

Grayfire_artz
                  Participant

alrighty here he is!! i’m so happy with this one! all of the chest feathers are tipped with interference red, the russet on the arms, crown and cheeks is a layering affect using gold and pink gold dry brushed lightly. i also used spring green pearl,interference oxide violet, antique copper, and burnt sienna with highlights of interference blue. i need to take some better photos to try and catch the colors, a lot of it is very subtle.

machineguts
                    Participant

*Faint* Wow. Absolutely incredible. <3

bayoudragon
                      Participant

*gasp* He is a stunner! 😮

Grayfire_artz
                        Participant

Barrdwing wrote:

Holy cow, grayfire, those wings are incredible! 😮 I absolutely love the effects you’ve created here. This has to be one of the best renderings of feather patterning I’ve ever seen, and good grief you chose pheasant: my eyes are crossing just thinking about it. I absolutely love the way you chose to put that beautiful russet and interference edging against a patterning in grays and then pulled in some red-browns elsewhere in the piece, and of course those red eyes look fantastic with this kind of accompaniment. The eyespots on the neck feathers make a great contrast. Extremely nice work on this griffin! 😀

*bows* thank you 😀

lamortefille
                          Participant

He’s simply wonderful! (and no worries on the too fast reading lol) 😀

*drool all over the screen…Faints from hyperventilating*
                            Wickedly cool. *reverts to high school lingo in her lack of words*
                            In <3 with this griffin! 😳

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 365 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.