fbpx

grayfire pyo batch (finished dragon pg #24)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone grayfire pyo batch (finished dragon pg #24)

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 365 total)
  • Author
    dragonmedley
    Participant

grayfire artz wrote:

ok this is the fleur printanire muse! it means spring flower :D…. i hope.

Yes it does. I’ll give you the fun accent 😀 “fleur printanière”

And they’re both lovely, as always, n’est-ce pas?

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Grayfire_artz
      Participant

dragonmedley wrote:

grayfire artz wrote:

ok this is the fleur printanire muse! it means spring flower :D…. i hope.

Yes it does. I’ll give you the fun accent 😀 “fleur printanière”

And they’re both lovely, as always, n’est-ce pas?
        😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 thank you so much!!!

megamibabe16
        Participant

Detail, detail, detail!! Do you use a magnifying glass when you paint? Your details are amazing. I especially like Storm Flower. The use of the light color metallics with the dark base, the whole thing leaves me mesmerized. Are you going to sell any of your muses?

Grayfire_artz
          Participant

megamibabe16 wrote:

Detail, detail, detail!! Do you use a magnifying glass when you paint? Your details are amazing. I especially like Storm Flower. The use of the light color metallics with the dark base, the whole thing leaves me mesmerized. Are you going to sell any of your muses?

lol i use my glasses which help alot 😀
            for doing all feather marking i will either have an enlarged photo of the type feather pulled up on my computer screen or i’ll have a feather sitting next to me for reference. sometimes it’s troublesome and confusing because i can see what the markings are supposed to look like but i can’t quite understand how to use my brushes to mimic the design. it has taken alot of patience and practice lol sometimes it even helps to look and someone else’s painting or piece to figure out what type of brush stroke is required. 😀 😀

what kind of metallic paint do you use?

Grayfire_artz
            Participant

daydreamer wrote:

what kind of metallic paint do you use?

illuminere, folkart, decoart, golden interference, pearl’ex powders… i think thats it and for the base paint i like to use winsor and newtons . i have found that on the smooth scales doing a thin layers and building up from there works very well especialy with the pearl’ex powders and interference paints 😀

Grayfire_artz
              Participant

heres the kelpy keeper preview ^_^ i am so happy with this paint scheme!!

and here is the autumn bones muse i hope you guise like her 😀

machineguts
                Participant

Oh wow! Sooo pretty! 😮

i love the kelpy keeper! quite the contrast with the pink eyes. the autumn bones scheme is really neat! the color choices are really awesome. very well done.

megamibabe16
                  Participant

The dragon looks interesting. I cannot say much about it right now, but those pink eyes really stand out. I like the shade of blue you are using.

Maria
                    Participant

Those paint schemes are unusual, and I mean that in the best possible way.

Grayfire_artz
                      Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Those paint schemes are unusual, and I mean that in the best possible way.

lol the muse looks like it came from a loony bin 😀 😀 😀

Lokie
                        Participant

They are both nice, but I especially love the muse 🙂

Heather
                          Participant

I particularly like what you did with the scales on the Muse’s right side. The color combination is amazing, and that wonderful wandering pattern comes as a complete and delightful surprise. The color scheme on the Muse overall is a very nice one. I have some yarn like that . . . LOVE it!

Nice colors on the Keeper–the wings show a particularly nice effect, and I like how you touched some teal onto his face.

Grayfire_artz
                            Participant

alright i know a ton of photos lol. this is what the kelpy keeper has turned into i am still working on it so more detail work is to come. i am finale starting to get over the flu >.< i still feel really bad but it's workable.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 365 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.