fbpx

Grand Unicorn black vs white, something I noticed ….

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Grand Unicorn black vs white, something I noticed ….

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Melody
    Keymaster

starbreeze wrote:

Ah….so my grand with the solid, fatter tail is actually the older style. That makes sense, since I got him soon after they were released. 🙂

The fat tailed one has a hole in the tail also. The hole is smaller, and only shows from a certain angle, so it may not show in a photo. I have my old white fat tail one here and he has a short mane, fat tail and slender waist.. I know the photo sample in the catalog we published (the one in most of the Grand Unicorn photos you see online) has a long mane, fat tail and slender waist. The production ones have a fat waist thin tail and …uh… I dunno what kind of mane they have.

Melody
      Keymaster

purplecat wrote:

Oh wow..you know…I’ve never really noticed the grand unicorn before! It’s really a feat to design for one piece molds….wow…

Yeah , the thin waist was a problem . We couldn’t pull the mold off of him over his head! The long mane was supposed to add girth to the mold so it could pass over the head end, but it wasn’t enough. The body itself needed to be bigger around. We are working with very close tolerances!

Purplecat
        Participant

I’ve gained a whole new appreciation for several of your sculpts after learning a bit about casting and moldmaking, it’s amazing what you have accomplished with these sculpts. Looking at the grand unicorn with demolding in mind just kinda makes me shudder…. 😯 It is soooo much harder than it looks. 😆

lamortefille
          Participant

I have an old fat tailed white one, too.

Skigod377
            Participant

Thats neat. Mine is the newer style.

Chalk one up for the observant equine.

Now to add a fluffy tailed Grand Unicorn to my list along with a black Pegasus mother and laying baby.

My herd needs increasing.

~Hoofer has neighed.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.