fbpx

Glitch in shopping cart! Any ideas?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion Glitch in shopping cart! Any ideas?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Chloe
    Participant

Wow, this was really frustrating. This happened to me with the GBB uni’s, too, but attributed it to traffic. Anyway, here’s the problem:

I saw something I wanted in the store from my phone. I clicked “add to cart” which started the cart timer. I then closed the window and logged in to the site from my laptop to pay. There were no items in my cart!

Frantically, I raced back to my phone and the cart timer was ticking. So….I tried to view my cart….and it was empty!! Magically, at the end of my cart timer from my phone, the item appeared back in the store, so I was able to purchase it.

I would have been greatly disappointed to have lost out again (like the GBBs) due to such a funky malfunction…..anyone have any ideas what could be happening?

Kiya
      Participant

What kind of phone are you using?

I really wouldn’t recommend trying an iPhone or an iPad for using the store – it doesn’t seem to be compatible.

Chloe
        Participant

It’s a Samsung Galaxy SIII….?

Kiya
          Participant

Were you logged in on your phone?

If you weren’t logged in (my phone NEVER remembers who I am on the forum – such a pain!), then the store wouldn’t know you were trying to buy it when you went to your PC. AND that would mean if you closed your phone browser and reopened it, the item would disappear.

The timer would probably still be there though – the timer is cached locally so until it runs out OR until you clear your cache, it can stick around.

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

Maybe once you long into one device after you were in another it automatically dumps it from the cart because it logs you out? Can you maybe not be logged into two devices at once?

I don’t know much about software glitches, but it is just a thought

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Kiya
              Participant

Maybe once you long into one device after you were in another it automatically dumps it from the cart because it logs you out? Can you maybe not be logged into two devices at once?

I don’t know much about software glitches, but it is just a thought

I tested that scenario out – it looks like as long as you are logged in, the cart session SHOULD transfer between devices.

I’ve just noticed that unlike my computer, my mobile devices tend to not log me in when I visit the store. I never notice until I’m trying to buy something or post to the forum. But it won’t prompt you to log in until you’re checking out if you’re just doing a purchase instead of a forum post.

Dragonlove – if you open up the site in your mobile browser, check and see if it says “My account” or “log in” on the tippy top. If it says “log in”, that probably means your mobile browser does what mine does and that’s what caused the problem.

If not, I’m at a loss as I can’t replicate the issue. πŸ™

Chloe
                Participant

Nope, I’m bookmarked logged in on my phone, because a lot of time I go straight to messages. Probably dumps my cart when I exit out on my phone. Don’t have my phone on me, or I would do a test check leaving the screen open. I will let you know how that goes!

Otherwise, I need to stop and pay from my phone to prevent further anxiety and stress… πŸ˜€

Thanks for the response and help.

Kiya
                  Participant

Yeah, if it’s something you’re worried about, I’d stay on one device or the other. There are, unfortunately, a lot of variables in the mobile world in how the browsers interact with the store (there are SO. MANY. VERSIONS!)

We’ve seen, historically, that the mobile devices are more likely to glitch when interacting with the store.

There is a chance (slim) that something similar to the grab bags happened where you and someone else went for the item at the _exact_ same time. But, no way to really tell!

Jasmine
                    Participant

I have that problem on my iPad. When I tried to checkout, Paypal wouldn’t check me out. I had to call Susie and she confirmed that my order didn’t go through. So now I have to run and get on my desktop, praying that I’m in time to get something before they sell out. I missed out on the batch of grab bag uni’s on Monday. πŸ™

etruscan
                      Participant

Wow, this was really frustrating. This happened to me with the GBB uni’s, too, but attributed it to traffic. Anyway, here’s the problem:

I saw something I wanted in the store from my phone. I clicked “add to cart” which started the cart timer. I then closed the window and logged in to the site from my laptop to pay. There were no items in my cart!

Frantically, I raced back to my phone and the cart timer was ticking. So….I tried to view my cart….and it was empty!! Magically, at the end of my cart timer from my phone, the item appeared back in the store, so I was able to purchase it.

I would have been greatly disappointed to have lost out again (like the GBBs) due to such a funky malfunction…..anyone have any ideas what could be happening?

I saw that the “Leopoad” was in limbo for a little while. Are you the proud owner (if you want to tell us)? πŸ™‚

Sikek
                        Participant

I’ve had something simular happen to me too, but this was at the beginning of the year so who knows what changes the store has been through since and if my experience is still valid *laughs*
                          I carted and item whilst logged on my phone (iphone 3) and logged on to a computer to complete the transaction – but the cart was empty.

It wasn’t urgent though so I just re-carted =)

Chloe
                          Participant

I saw that the “Leopoad” was in limbo for a little while. Are you the proud owner (if you want to tell us)? πŸ™‚

Yep, this is the one I was stressing over! πŸ˜€

Chloe
                            Participant

Just as an update, even if I leave my phone open the item never appears in my cart on my computer. So, there appears to be no linkage between my phone and computer when it comes to the shopping cart. πŸ™ At least I know this now!

Kiya
                              Participant

Just as an update, even if I leave my phone open the item never appears in my cart on my computer. So, there appears to be no linkage between my phone and computer when it comes to the shopping cart. πŸ™ At least I know this now!

I just tested on my phone and it didn’t work either (last night I was using my husband’s iPad to test). Even logged in, if I add something to my cart, it doesn’t populate to my PC even if I leave the session open.

My husband’s iPad, however, correctly added the item to the cart and I could see it on the PC (but I couldn’t fully check out on the iPad).

Also, strangely, if I refreshed the cart on my phone (Samsung/Windows Phone), the item disappeared. But I CAN check out fully – so as long as I don’t refresh, the item stays put. I have purchased grab bags in the past on my phone, so I know it can be done. πŸ™‚

So, in limited test case scenarios:

– iPad would allow to add to cart and complete check out on PC, but not allow check out on iPad

– Mobile phone running IE would allow to add to cart and complete check out, but does not transfer item to PC cart

The problem is – each version of each operating system and each browser interacts differently and there are so many combos out there we can’t really test them all. πŸ™

It appears that checking out on a PC-based decktop/laptop is safest, so if you’re stalking the store for a special item, grab bag, or popular LP item, that’s probably the best bet!

A mobile phone will do in a pinch if it’s not an iPhone/iPad, but make sure you don’t hit the refresh button! πŸ™‚

Setsunawolf
                                Participant

My Ipad 2 lets me buy and check out all the time. I missed the last batch of GBBs, but the 2 before that the Ipad was faster than the desktop. I gave up on the desktop and switched to the Ipad.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                                  Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                                  Sun Dragon Koi #3

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.